LisaH

Day 5 without a cigarette

congrats.

just think of the money you're saving that you can turn around and spend on jumps.

quit 6 years ago myself. the first week or so is pretty tough because your body chemistry is adjusting to not being forced to deal with a poison (nicotine).

hang in there, good luck, and blue skies!
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

Congrats Lisa.
I'm posting from a hospital bed as I fight cancer(not from smoking,afaik) I've been in here for 3 weeks, and it's not something you want to sign up for by smoking...
Keep it up!!:)

"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

congrats.

just think of the money you're saving that you can turn around and spend on jumps.

quit 6 years ago myself. the first week or so is pretty tough because your body chemistry is adjusting to not being forced to deal with a poison (nicotine).

hang in there, good luck, and blue skies!

Thanks everyone. :)
Damn! I'm cranky, eating everything in sight and coughing worse than I did when I smoked. I hope this passes quickly.

Thinking I should go get the patch. It was a true friend the last time I quit.
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

HOORAY!![/RED] :)
Hey a couple things I did to stop my daily smoking:

I bought some mint or cinnamon flavored toothpicks and stood outside chewing on them.

My doctor told me to 'replace' the time I spent smoking with something else, so I started writing a novel. -It's about 300 pages long so far. :D

I dragged around a water bottle with me EVERYWHERE. Helps again with the oral fixation of having to put something in your mouth over and over (awright, don't anybody get perverted on that one...:P), and it helps with the need of having something in your hand all the time, too.

GOOD LUCK! KEEP IT UP!! :)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

HOORAY!![/RED] :)
Hey a couple things I did to stop my daily smoking:

I bought some mint or cinnamon flavored toothpicks and stood outside chewing on them.

My doctor told me to 'replace' the time I spent smoking with something else, so I started writing a novel. -It's about 300 pages long so far. :D

I dragged around a water bottle with me EVERYWHERE. Helps again with the oral fixation of having to put something in your mouth over and over (awright, don't anybody get perverted on that one...:P), and it helps with the need of having something in your hand all the time, too.

GOOD LUCK! KEEP IT UP!! :)

Thank you :)
The water bottle does help with the hand to mouth thing. I'm trying to keep busy with the sewing machine. Making my costume for Chicks Rock. B|

This is harder than kicking meth. But if I did that, I can do this.
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

That's good to have no cigarette! It's hard to fight to not smoke cigarette. I had hardest to fought to quit smoking cigarette. Lucky, I quit since July 3, 2004. Well, I haven't used patch or gum. I use my mind as "NO NO NO NO NO" and it's so easy for myself.
Flyin' Dawg or SkyDog

"To understand is to forgive, even oneself."

Congrats Lisa.
I'm posting from a hospital bed as I fight cancer(not from smoking,afaik) I've been in here for 3 weeks, and it's not something you want to sign up for by smoking...
Keep it up!!:)

We kept my mother in law home with us while she died of throat cancer caused by smoking. By the end I was wheeling her out on the porch and lighting smokes for her as a comfort thing - not like it was going to give her cancer or anything at that point.

You just hang in there and you'll be over the physical part soon. The HARDER part will be the mental part later, when your body doesn't need the nicotine anymore, but your mind will be looking for something to do. Seriously, I'd suggest you take up something that demands hard excercise and a lot of breathing. Maybe not marathon running, but are there any 10K races coming up where you live ? Or if running isn't your thing, find a local pool and start swimming laps. I'm not kidding. You need something that demands plenty of oxygen and keeps you busy.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Learn to ride the cravings like a wave..Learn to realize that IF you smoke another one it will only delay the cravings for about 7 minutes and then you start over.

3 weeks is the magic point. after that, you will have whipped the nicotine monster's azz....

7 minutes at a time..

That's good to have no cigarette! It's hard to fight to not smoke cigarette. I had hardest to fought to quit smoking cigarette. Lucky, I quit since July 3, 2004. Well, I haven't used patch or gum. I use my mind as "NO NO NO NO NO" and it's so easy for myself.

Congratulations!! :)
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

OK... If you're still smoke free when I get there in October, I'll give you a special surprise... :o

Yup, that's right... I'm going to give you a big ol' hug!! :)

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

OK... If you're still smoke free when I get there in October, I'll give you a special surprise... :o

Yup, that's right... I'm going to give you a big ol' hug!! :)

I'm smoke free from now on!! B| I hope.

Thanks Shari!! Love you!

And thanks to everyone else.

Is it almost day 6??? :P
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo