Twoply

Who knows about cooking grills?

Weber Q series.

Yes yes yes yes yes...I have a q220....I freaking love the thing. I actually had a Genesis Silver before this and had to downsize to something smaller as the one I had wouldn't fit on my balcony. The Q cooks as good as the damn Genesis ($199 for Q and i think I paid something like $700 for the Genesis) Edge to edge excellent cooking. It just is a small cooking surface.

However he might want something a little bigger, and I have ot say the Genesis Series KICKS ASS.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

The Webers are good, but also look at Ducane. I used to work at a store that sold them. I think they are top notch. The one at Home Depot is actually designed by Weber and made in China. Some die hard grillers think that model is not up to Ducane's normal high standard. But still better than most.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Kris and I have the Weber Q 200 and we LOVE it. We have a balcony and can only use the small propane tanks right now so it's perfect for that, but it also has an available adapter so you can attach those 20 lb tanks if you prefer. It has a really nice cast iron cooking grate and there's ample space for us to cook and it seems to cook really evenly. I totally recommend the Q series! :)
Eener...you have good taste, chick!!

Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic.
-Salvador Dali

Eener...you have good taste, chick!!

Of course!

BTW the stand for the 200/220 SUCKS ASS...the one for $49. The bottom wire shelf is actually not strong enough nor designed to take the weight of a full size LP tank. I didn't realize that till I got it home and put it together. I brought it back and just went back to using one of my dog crates as a stand. Works much better and the tank and hose is secure from the foster dog :ph34r:

I believe there is another stand for $79 but I haven't really looked at that one, nor do I really want to spend that much for a stand when I have something that is working out just fine.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Webber is over priced, but will last longer.

You get what you pay for, there is a reason it costs a bit more ;)

And personally I think the $199 I paid for the Q is worth EVERYPENNY!!!!!
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto