shortyj

How many of you scuba dive also?

I've made a couple of dives with a friend in Florida. They weren't official dives but were fantastic. I want to do more---but, as one of my instructors said when I first started skydiving, "What you so scared of? There ain't no sharks up there. Ain't nothing up there gonna bite you!"

I am more comfortable in the sky than I am in the ocean.
May the only blue in your life be the sky you are in!

And all you warm water divers are sissy's.... blesed but sissy's;)

The pic's are from Nanimo BC some of the best diving on the planet IMHO

I agree with you. Warm water diving has never been my thing. Ice diving and cold water!! Better marine life and most importantly better preserved wrecks!!
Nice Pics. That first one looks like the Saskatchewan. Have about 100 dives on that wreck!!!
have you been to the Riv tow Lion? not a bad wreck but haven't dove it since a week after sinking her.
I am hanging up my scuba gear after 15 years and switching to skydiving.

Yep, got my advanced open water actually before I had my skydiving A. I only have about 15 dives though.

Haven't gone in over a year and a half now... anyone in the LA area wanna do a skydive/scuba weekend (yes in that order ;) )
-Patrick

I agree with you. Warm water diving has never been my thing. Ice diving and cold water!! Better marine life and most importantly better preserved wrecks!!
Nice Pics. That first one looks like the Saskatchewan. Have about 100 dives on that wreck!!!
have you been to the Riv tow Lion? not a bad wreck but haven't dove it since a week after sinking her.

It is the Saskatchewan and the other pic is from around 165 on Snake island wall. I have done the Riv Tow but wont go back for a couple years the wreck is too new it needs time for some life to grow. The Bretton is fun so is the Chaud' over in Sechell. BC has the best wall's ive ever been on.

Sorry for the crappy spelling....too drunk for spell check
Blue's Bill

It is the Saskatchewan and the other pic is from around 165 on Snake island wall. I have done the Riv Tow but wont go back for a couple years the wreck is too new it needs time for some life to grow. The Bretton is fun so is the Chaud' over in Sechell. BC has the best wall's ive ever been on.

Sorry for the crappy spelling....too drunk for spell check
Blue's Bill

Bc has the BEST dives period! My two fav. dive sites is the Capilano and the Gulfstream. Two wonderful wrecks.

I make at least one dive trip a week around the tri-state area of Indiana. I met a great girl diving and have since introduced her to skydiving she loves it. I am a DZO and have noticed that a high number of our students are SCUBA divers. BTW: we are always looking for pep to dive with in the air or underwater.

Cold water, warm water, quarrys, oceans they all offer unique experiences. As My Dive Buddy/ Gfriend/soon to be AFF Students says: I don't care where I dive as long as I can blow bubbles!

Better to experience every aspect of a sport then to be limited by geography or an attitude!

What's really funny to me is how many scuba divers I know that ALSO used to skydive or still do. I'm not too heavily involved in the skydiving community yet because I'm not a jumper, just a wannabe who has done two tandems.
While there are obviously great differences between the two activities, there are also many similarities as well. When I was asking one of my local DZOs about AFF, he told me that the first class is "basic survival skills." If I weren't already a scuba diver, I would find that a bit scary. However, from my scuba experiences, I understand exactly what he meant. After all, the open water diver course is really all about basic survival skills.
Either way, whether you're diving down from 11,000 feet back to terra firma, or diving from terra firma down to 130 feet in the water, they're both great activities and I think anybody who can participate in one of them, not to mention BOTH, is pretty darned lucky.
So, blue skies and clear water to you all! :)