jasonRose

Thoughts on Alaskan Airlines??

I made it to San Diego after 12 hrs of bullshit from Alaskan Airlines and lost my bags. I was suppose to be here 8 hours ago but at least I have my rig in hand.

Needless to say Alaskan Air is not my airline of choice.

>:(
Some day I will have the best staff in the world!!!

They used to be pretty good..

BUT after they fired their baggae handlers they have been HORRIBLE..I try very very hard not to check ANYTHING with them. I try to fly other airlines like Southwest now... even if I do have a hell of a lot of frequent flyer miles with Alaska.

Above average for frequent fliers. They take good care of their best customers.

Below average on-time record.

Very below average on Sea-Tac baggage handling.

But overall, out of Seattle, they're decent. They do have the best selection of flights.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I think you just had a bad experience with them. Overall from what I have read and heard since I have never flown them is they are pretty good. Everybody has a bad day when things dont go right.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Above average for frequent fliers. They take good care of their best customers..

Yeah traveling on your miles I got offered a free alcoholic beverage... but after LP I couldn't even think of drinking. :S

Actually, if that was on your Kalispell-Seattle flight ... it had nothing to do with me. Horizon (Alaska's commuter arm) gives free drinks to everyone. At least beer and wine, IIRC, but I haven't had to take a puddle-jumper in a while.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I made it to San Diego after 12 hrs of bullshit from Alaskan Airlines and lost my bags. I was suppose to be here 8 hours ago but at least I have my rig in hand.

I'd be more worried about the lubrication in the tail fin being up to date.

------
Two of the three voices in my head agree with you. It might actually be unanimous but voice three only speaks Welsh.

Above average for frequent fliers. They take good care of their best customers..

Yeah traveling on your miles I got offered a free alcoholic beverage... but after LP I couldn't even think of drinking. :S

Actually, if that was on your Kalispell-Seattle flight ... it had nothing to do with me. Horizon (Alaska's commuter arm) gives free drinks to everyone. At least beer and wine, IIRC, but I haven't had to take a puddle-jumper in a while.
Nope it was on Seattle to San Jose. She came over to me after they served everything to tell me it would have been comped.

don't hump over an entire airline JUST because they lost your bags...... It's not just that airline that's having issues, it's ALL of them...... They have a very good safety record. 'Cept for that one they planted in the Pacific, they are pretty good.....

Returning from the AOTA boogie, they were oversold and I volunteered to get bumped. Flew out first thing next morning. Got a free RT, hotel and two meal vouchers. They made good on me being voluntarily "inconvenienced". I have never had problems with Alaska.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Jason,
I used to hate Horizon, and prefer Alaska, but now it is just the opposite. Alaska is consistently late out of Spokane and cancels a lot of flights.

But maybe it has to do with the free booze on Horizon now :)
By the way, Cindy and I just got tickets on Horizons nonstop to San Diego for $160 for late October for a little jumping vacation.

CYA this weekend,

Doc

"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"