simplyputsi

Automatic cars.. They f'n suck!!!!

I stand by my ruling that I've had for many a year now. I have had a rental for about 5 days now, it's an automatic and I just don't get how people can drive them. Sure it's a lot easier, gas a brake.

It is annoying me immensely though that I pretty much can't tell when the gas is actually making the car go faster or not. What I'm saying is I can't feel the power. Not only that, but I hit the floor with the pedal and it thinks about going.

Maybe it's because it's a pos Saturn Aura. I dunno. I'll take my stick anyday over it!!!
Skymama's #2 stalker -

I stand by my ruling that I've had for many a year now. I have had a rental for about 5 days now, it's an automatic and I just don't get how people can drive them. Sure it's a lot easier, gas a brake.

It is annoying me immensely though that I pretty much can't tell when the gas is actually making the car go faster or not. What I'm saying is I can't feel the power. Not only that, but I hit the floor with the pedal and it thinks about going.

Maybe it's because it's a pos Saturn Aura. I dunno. I'll take my stick anyday over it!!!

Shoot it.:|

:ph34r::ph34r:

:P
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

it's a pos Saturn Aura.

SATURN means:
Sorry About That Unusal Ratteling Noise

no rattles, yet.
I used to have a saturn, never again, although it wasn't too bad, but it was a stick.

Funny thing at the rental counter. I was like can you give me something other than a honda. Sure we have other cars. Blah blah blah, we have a saturn we can give you.
Me: Besides saturn, chuckle.
Aww it's a good car. Right, i'm sure it is, that is fine.

it's big at least
Skymama's #2 stalker -

I prefer stick shifts to automatics. Except during the hurricane Rita evacuation. 12 hour stop and go trips aren't at all compatible with clutches:S

Anyway, it seems stick shifts don't have as many transmission problems as automatics.

Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

The Bugatti Veyron is an "automatic".

I guess it must not have any power and must suck pretty bad.

You can't use the fastest production car as an example. Sure it probably responds in a split second but it has 1000 horses. But yeah, if you drive it and apply pressure to the gas and can't immediately tell the difference then yeah it does suck pretty bad.

Not to mention it gets what 23 miles a tank?? or something close to it:ph34r:
Skymama's #2 stalker -

Doesn't it have paddle shifters in it too though? I can't remember.

Yes, it does. That doesn't mean you have to use them if you don't want to.

Look, the future is computer controlled transmissions. They're already finding their way into the mainstream. Get used to it. They can do everything better than a human can and on the off chance you want to override them, they have paddles.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

ahhhh i finally figured out my main beef with the automatic. If I want to keep the rpms up because I know I'm gonna need to power in a few seconds or maybe I want to take a turn a little faster than normal I can't because the nice little computer says ohhh those rpms are too high time to shift. Then I'm on the low end of the rpms and have no quick power.

Thus the benefits of a stick. But yeah I spose if I override it with paddles whatever. I drove a RX 8 that had that and well I don't know how many times I hit the paddle for it to shift and it didn't.
computers can not gauge a situation better than a human, unless they figure out a way for the computer to read the mind of the person driving.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

I prefer stick shifts to automatics. Except during the hurricane Rita evacuation. 12 hour stop and go trips aren't at all compatible with clutches:S

Anyway, it seems stick shifts don't have as many transmission problems as automatics.

You said it pretty much like I was going to. I love stick shifts, but the only time I hate it is in traffic jams where you're inching along at an average speed of 1/2 mph on the interstate. >:(
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Doesn't it have paddle shifters in it too though? I can't remember.

Yes, it does. That doesn't mean you have to use them if you don't want to.

Look, the future is computer controlled transmissions. They're already finding their way into the mainstream. Get used to it. They can do everything better than a human can and on the off chance you want to override them, they have paddles.

Chill it skillet.... Wasn't debating that with you. Was just curious if it ALSO had paddles. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Thanks for the clarification though.

Well, one of my nutjob exes had a SL600 v12 it was automatic. I never complained whilst driving it. Time for you to get better vehicles you peasant
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

The Bugatti Veyron is an "automatic".

I guess it must not have any power and must suck pretty bad.

As are most dragsters, they must be slow as well.

Which dragsters do you speak of?
Top Fuel?
Funny Car?
Pro Stock?
None of those (the fastest) use automatic transmissions.
Even when you begin to look at high end bracket racing the trannys begin to diverge from the "typical" automatic.
Some, depening upon configuration, can still be considered automatic if they make shifts on their own, aka no operator input.
But even when I was drag racing (bracket, pro, no electronics) I had a full manual valve body in a auto tranny. Giving the operator full manual control over an "auto" transmission. Then, in essence, it is no longer an automatic.
Automatic trannys by todays production standards are crap. They waste fuel, they shift poorly, and their life span is less than a manual.
Theres a reason that an auto tranny is a rare thing in Europe. They waste fuel.
That all being said: give me an auto trans that responds to my input when I tell it to, that works with the engine speed to benefit fuel consumption, and that functions as a manual w/o the use of a foot pedal. Now, we is talking. B|
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865