Beer

Would you still drink beer

if it didn't get you drunk?

I've got a crazy passion for beer. I homebrew, come up with all kinds of ideas for diffrent brews, contraptions for brewing/enjoying beer. I've even been considering enrolling at a German brewing based institute, Sibel.

But some of the best beers have really high alcohol content (which contributes largely to it's charector). I really have strong morals against drunk driving and alcoholism runs pretty strong on both sides of my family.

I was wondering if anybody else out there really enjoys beer enough that they would continue to drink it if they would never get drunk off it again, assuming it still tasted the same. Only a few European brewers know how to make a tasty non-alcoholic beer.

Learn to be happy. You can't be there for anybody else in life if you can't learn to be there for yourself.

It would depend. I agree that I dont need to drink to get drunk and that some days a cold beer is AMAZING...

However on the other hand, I like to get drunk with my friends, or needing to be a little buzzed to talk to girls in the club, so if it didn't give me something, i just resort to Grey Goose B|

Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

I would, but definately not as often... :)
And you're into brewing, you say? I'm about to brew my very first beer! I've bought ingredients and all, and I'm hoping to get it done this weekend! Brewing from malt extract, since it is easier for a first-timer. I'm looking forward to getting into this hobby, I already have plans on styles and types I'd like to try, eventually...

But first, let's see if my first beer will taste any good... I'm a little worried :|

if it didn't get you drunk?

Definately. That would be awesome. The alcohol really gets in the way of enjoying a tasty beer anytime you want a snack in a bottle - like while driving or working.

It's especially bad with my favorite beer (Arrogant Bastard) where one 22oz bomber at 7.2% alcohol by volume is enough.

Let me stand out against the crowd. No, I don't think I would. There are many other things in this world that I think taste better. I drink beer cause, its cheap, has alcohol in it, and its a social thing.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Let me stand out against the crowd. No, I don't think I would. There are many other things in this world that I think taste better. I drink beer cause, its cheap, has alcohol in it, and its a social thing.

Yeah same here, you took the words from my mouth.

It's especially bad with my favorite beer (Arrogant Bastard) where one 22oz bomber at 7.2% alcohol by volume is enough.

My fave too. >:(

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."