DiggerDan

Is this seriously where music has gone??

All I know is that it seems like roles are reversing lately. Guys talking about love?? About lasting relationships? Talking about suicide over a chick? Thats the girls usually doing that shit.. That was never the norm before, now it seems to be guys looking for long term.. Maybe disease is causing fear amongst them.. hehe:P

Whether you think you can or can't
either way you're right!

;)
Your right!
I don't pay much attention to music, I only watched that video because it was posted on here, generally I don't watch mtv or vh1 or listen to much music at all. But I do know how guys act towards me, and they are not usually in it for love and intimacy... NOT that none of them are in it for that, it just hasn't been my experience that many of them are in it for that reason.. Sorry if I offended you..
Whether you think you can or can't
either way you're right!

Some chubby kid who looks like he is 12 and talks like he is 4? And this is actually a hit!:S

What is it about his music that you dislike? All you've done is call him fat and young. Attack the art, not the artist.

BLING BLING!! B|
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

;)
Your right!
I don't pay much attention to music, I only watched that video because it was posted on here, generally I don't watch mtv or vh1 or listen to much music at all. But I do know how guys act towards me, and they are not usually in it for love and intimacy... NOT that none of them are in it for that, it just hasn't been my experience that many of them are in it for that reason.. Sorry if I offended you..

i'm all in for love and intimacy.. if i want the other, i could get i pretty much anywhere. but the others, are quite hard to come by these days..

edited to add: besides guys just pointing out how fat, chubby and young the boy is, the song itself is quite touching.. but thats only what i think..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Some chubby kid who looks like he is 12 and talks like he is 4? And this is actually a hit!:S

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=12768890

To each their own if some pre pubescent girl wants to fawn and toss their money let them. There has been a looooong history of hits that shouldn’t be. Every one has their taste I'm couldn't care less if this was a hit or any of the music I like becomes one as I listen to artiest for my likes not others. There is just as much excellent music that doesn’t hit main stream and become hits it doesn’t take away the quality of it just because something in a different genre is a hit.
SO this one time at band camp.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most."

it is what it is - it's catchy - can't say i'd put it on my playlist -

i will say it drives me nuts when artists sample songs and the kids that listen have NO clue where they come from and when you tell them they look at you like you're nuts

will smith did just about EVERY stevie wonder song
p. diddy - i can't even begin naming them
kanye - just sampled daft punk for his stronger song

i guess it doesnt really matter but it just irks me
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

What is it about his music that you dislike? All you've done is call him fat and young. Attack the art, not the artist.

Ok, the engineering sucks. His voice is too, i dont know but its too something. I cant understand the jibberish he is saying after "beautiful girl." It DOES sound like Ben E. King in the background, either do a cover version or write your own music.

Now I still think it's 3million times better than gangsta crap but in my opinion it's still not music.

Maybe, as one poster above said, I'd tolerate it after hearing it for the 100th time. I did have to shut it off after about 30 seconds. So, in all fairness, I didn't give it a fair shot, but than again, it didn't have a hook.

I'm POSITIVE that I am not his target audience.
I think I'd rather have my kid (nope, don't have any) listen to that than any of the whores that came out of the mickey mouse club.:ph34r:
My photos

My Videos

Ok, the engineering sucks. His voice is too, i dont know but its too something. I cant understand the jibberish he is saying after "beautiful girl." It DOES sound like Ben E. King in the background, either do a cover version or write your own music.

.:ph34r:

i'm gonna say too nasal plus synthesized - doesnt work:S
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

.:ph34r:

i'm gonna say too nasal plus synthesized - doesnt work:S

One of the effects used on his voice is Autotune or something similar. It's designed to put performances (usually singing) into tune by moving the notes from the original recording to the nearest actual semitone. It's all over pop records these days, but with more subtle settings so it's not obvious, and you're fooled into thinking that the record company's latest pretty boy or girl can actually carry a tune :|.

With this they've deliberately used it aggressively to make it a novelty effect - that funny synthetic warble is the result of him starting to sing the note and the software immediately pulling it into tune. You can hear it on quite a few other songs from the last few years as well. Remember the Cher track, Believe? That was the first well-known song to use that technique - in fact it's commonly known as the Cher effect.

I don't like the song but I thought it was actually refreshing to see on the video an artist who doesn't fit the mould.

;)
Your right!

wow..life without music...i couldnt imagine

theres nothing that can fill the soul like music...

you could be having a shitty day...hear a song you havnt heard in a while..and boom..your day is instantly better...what else can do that?

i must have music on at least 90% of my waking day...
--------------------------------------------
www.facebook.com/agentlead

At least he is singing instead of talking/shouting like the rap crap. The video is also better than so much other stuff because it doesn't cut scenes every 1/2 second, no views from the ground pointing up with people punching at the camera and putting their face up close.

Singing like a 4 year old, how about Frankie Valle? He isn't my favorite either, but I'd sure rather this fat guy's music be popular than so much other crap nowadays.

VERY few artists/bands are as good or long lived as these guys
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Quite right!, Vapor Trails was pretty awful, haven't heard much of the new one yet, I don't expect it to measure up. Up until Counterparts was good though.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Sadder still to watch it die, than never to have known it...

For you the blind who once could see, the bell tolls for thee.