RkyMtnHigh

Georgia Peeps...Boiled Peanuts

I never understood boiled peanuts....

I LOVE roasted peanuts, and there's an awesome place in downtown Birmingham that has been roasting them for damn near or around 100 years. Oh wait... that's not on your way home... [:/]

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I'm going home to Bama this weekend and my grandparents LOVE boiled peanuts. Where can I find good boiled peanuts near Atlanta?

OH! They are SO GOOD! I was introduced to them by a Floridian in Arizona a long while back.

I LOVE them!!

And a friend of mine in Florida sent me some that were vacuum packed. Tres yummy.

Can you send me some when you find them??? Please. Pretty please.

;););)
'Shell

Don't know about boiled peanuts in/around ATL but I just move away from B'ham so I know you won't find many places on I-20 (if you're going that way) but it's hard to go down many hiways/rural routes without running into some place that doesn't have them.

The best place I've found fresh boiled peanuts are along 231 just across the Bama border (around Campbelton I think).

The Cajun boiled ROCKS!!!

mmmm...love me some "bowled" pnuts.... dont know where to get them on your trip, but someone is cooking them on every corner around here, you can even get them in convienance stores around here.... You know you have southern kids when they ask for boiled pnuts instead of candy in the stores...:P

Mmmmm. Totally different taste than roasted! You taste more of the "legume" rather than a "nut"

I didn't really like them for that reason. The place we got them was apparently boiling them in the morning, and we didn't get them till mid-late afternoon. They were salty, soggy, and kinda slimy, not to mention cold. Maybe they're better when "fresh". It was wierd seeing displays of canned boiled peanuts at the grocery store...there's no such thing for sale up here at all, and down there they're stocked by the pallet! :S:o:D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

They were salty, soggy, and kinda slimy, not to mention cold.

They're always soggy and slimy to me no matter how fresh they are supposed to be. Blech!

I think they're like sushi in that you either like them or you don't, there's no in between.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

It must be boiled peanut season.

I was sitting in traffic yesterday and as it creeped forward, I saw something on the road. Sitting on the double yellow lines were the hulls of a boiled peanut.

How in the heck do you eat those slimy things while driving?

Of course, it could have been crossing the road and gotten hit by a car.