caspar

horshoe mal on a reserve

in reply to "having 2 pilot chutes, one that could get in between your line groups and give you a bag lock? well that really sucks. I wish that that never happens to anyone. "

What sucks even more is having a horse shoe on a free-bagged reserve and there not being enough drag on the reserve bridle to lift out the reserve.

The catapult is a proven method of overcoming this potential problem.
Other manufacturers must look and weep or pay some royalties for this hot idea.
Most rigs apart from the Reflex have NO such effective anti reserve horseshoe safety system as standard issue relying instead on anaemic bridle pockets.

The fact that the reflex is also a poptop = B|

Not only have we yet to see that in the real world, but I've seen video from the drop tests on the Reflex/Catapult system and didn't see it there. I think the scenario as described is less likely than you're making it out to be.

But the catapault is not in main use is it? I'm sure there may be a few out there, but if everyone was using it, you may see one, no..?

Me I'm no expert but have seen this 2 PC bridle showed to me by Colin at Empuria, and I don't like it. i don't want two PC's on the same lanyard dancing around above me. But that is simply my prefernce.
--------------------------------------------------
Practise the 6 P's!
--------------------------------------------------

in reply to "having 2 pilot chutes, one that could get in between your line groups and give you a bag lock? well that really sucks. I wish that that never happens to anyone. "

What sucks even more is having a horse shoe on a free-bagged reserve and there not being enough drag on the reserve bridle to lift out the reserve.

I would say they suck equaly :S

Nullius in Verba