turtlespeed

So a funny thing happened on the way to work today . . .

Good job!! Another young man's self-esteem crushed. Now it's taxpayer funded un-employment, then probably welfare and a stint in the state mental hospital for this dude.
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Good job!! Another young man's self-esteem crushed

I'm pretty sure that turtle didn't say anything about the inadequate size of the clerks penis and so while his self-esteem might be bent a little it probably isn't crushed.:)
Think of how stupid the average person is and realize that statistically half of them are stupider than that.

Good job!! Another young man's self-esteem crushed

I'm pretty sure that turtle didn't say anything about the inadequate size of the clerks penis and so while his self-esteem might be bent a little it probably isn't crushed.:)

At the very least, the poor bastard's having to pay for repairs to his car. ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I'm with you here, turtle.

But I DO have one giant problem with part of your action.

WTF would you go to starbucks in the first place?:D

It's ok to be an asshole sometimes. Everyone who posts here has either been guitly of it or is lying to you.

My photos

My Videos

WTF would you go to starbucks in the first place?:D

I wondered about that. All I need is a can or bottle of cold Mountain Dew and I'm good to go. Why pay $4 or more for some fancy assed espresso? In Texas, no less?!? :S:P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Why pay $4 or more for some fancy assed espresso? In Texas, no less?!? :S:P

Meh, it's Austin. It's not real Texas. >:(

So he just went to Starbucks hoping to meet some of the UT cheerleaders, I bet... :D

Hmm.. still doesn't sound funny to me. Sounds like you ruined someone's day to amuse yourself and are now trying to play some hero card because you caught someone stealing. (And how exactly does erroneously charging you a bit extra - what, a dollar? - to donate to a charity - albeit one that you disagree with - amount to stealing?)

I worked as a coffee girl for a while. I can guarantee you that if someone walked up to order their drink and was immediately confrontational with me for no reason, I would quite likely get frazzled and screw up.

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

According to the original post turtle may have been acting dickishly but the clerk behind the counter had to be a wise-guy and wait until he swiped the debit/credit card and started with his donation speech.

So, according to the original post this helpless clerk was being a dickhead, too. That is not okay. as a person who deals with customers you have to handle yourself as an adult, even if turtle is in there.(:D)
Not every one will be nice and if the customer is pushing the limits you can refuse to service them.
But to act like a wise-guy and swipe the card before starting with the donation speech, which was clearly stated by the customer that he did not want to hear it, is wrong.
It does not matter how wrong you think turtle is. Two wrongs don't make it right. Sometimes you have to put up with an asshole.

I get the impression there's more to the story . I would love an update about the donation situation. Does the clerk have a history of over charging people?

This isn't directed to you Karen there have been a few people who seem to think this was a kid.
In the original post Turtle says "this GROWN MAN starts to cry..."
My photos

My Videos

Sigh. Meh. And this coming from a world class bitch such as myself...

1. How would Turtle know if that boy has a history of stealing or why he had to ask for a donation, he hates Starbucks and said that he rarely will grace it's doors anyways... he walked into that hellhole by his own power and will. He CHOSE Starbucks. He should have just bought his VENTI and STFU.

2. I have worked retail frequently and it always sucked, it was miserable and I f'd it up so badly that I was even fired for setting the alarm off in an entire 2 acre mall. (Yeah, the one that asks everyone to evacuate immediately? BAD day. :|) That boy could have been having a bad day. Maybe he hates Starfucks too but needed to pay his damn bills and was able to at least get his bad free coffee every pay period. Maybe when he lost his job he couldn't pay his bills. Maybe it f'd up his life because something big like rent or tuition was due. Turtle was in effect playing God in that sales associate's life, and no one has the right to do that.

Meh.

3. The fact of the matter is... he can be an asshole sometimes just like the rest of us but he's really, REALLY good at it. Clint has the equivalent of either a Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in being an asshole in my opinion for this one. Those of you who know him, I ask you, is his heart and his capacity to care for the people he is close to- just as big as his immense capacity to be an asshole? I sure hope so for the sake of the people around him. Just because he's had some shitty cards dealt him doesn't mean he should take it out on another person.

4. Those of you who think it's funny? Well, you're just the same way and there are those of us that will just never understand it or you. You shouldn't go out in public if you have no patience for the HUMANS. :S

Please feel free to reply to my posts and pm's, but only if you're smart enough to understand what they really mean.

Those of you who know him, I ask you, is his heart and his capacity to care for the people he is close to- just as big as his immense capacity to be an asshole?

Yeah, it is. That's why even though I strongly disagree with how he acted, I'd still be happy to share a beer or five with him. :)

And how exactly does erroneously charging you a bit extra - what, a dollar? - to donate to a charity - albeit one that you disagree with - amount to stealing?)

I may be mistaken here but if your bank takes money out of your account to fund its favorite charity or in reality anyone goes into your account to fund a charity that does not have your blessing is it OK? IMO it is not OK and it is stealing wheather it is .10 cents, one dollar, or $1,500 dollars.

On the surface I'm inclined to believe that it wasn't an oversight but a deliberate act to fund the charity or to fund the tip jar. Unfortunately I don't have enough information but most stores have a code that they scan to designate the charity. If that is the case here then the charge wasn't erroneous but was deliberate and at least to me this is stealing since it didn't have Turtle's consent. The intention may have been honorable and not for self-gain but no one has the right to force a contribution to a charity.

Of course it may have been a mistake but since the manager appeared to fire the employee based on his investigation it also leads me to believe it was a deliberate act. However, I am making judgements that may or may not be accurate and I freely admit that I could be wrong.
Think of how stupid the average person is and realize that statistically half of them are stupider than that.

I come here for comedy. Turtles post was funny to me. It's people like you that have no humor, haven't smiled in ages, and come here to only bitch about others, that bothers me. Calling yourself a world class bitch is appropriate i guess, But i never saw any class in your posts.

When have you ever posted something funny? or kind?

Your posts offend me more than Squeak's posts and that's pretty bad.

I f'd it up so badly that I was even fired for setting the alarm off in an entire 2 acre mall. (Yeah, the one that asks everyone to evacuate immediately? BAD day.

Oh this sounds like a good funny story. Please share. :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I come here for comedy.

Me, too:D This IS fun. (but only because I haven't started my day yet.

Sigh. Meh
1. How would Turtle know if that boy has a history of stealing or why he had to ask for a donation, he hates Starbucks and said that he rarely will grace it's doors anyways... he walked into that hellhole by his own power and will. He CHOSE Starbucks. He should have just bought his VENTI and STFU.

MEH,:D
ACCORDING TO THE ORIGINAL POST it was a full grown man,not a boy.

ACCORDING TO THE ORIGINAL POST
Clint only made a comment to the lady in front of him saying something like "maybe you should consider saying no.

He was next in line. HE told the kid he did not want to hear the speech or he would not be paying for his order.

ACCORDING TO THE ORIGINAL POST the full grown man swiped the card and then asked him to donate.

Clint admitted he was in a confrontational mood. And again, according to his post, the only ACTION were that what I posted. He gave you his thoughts, as dickishly (that's a funny word that has no basis in our language) as he THOUGHT he didn't ACT as dickish.

Now, whether any of it is true, I don't know (or care) I am just going by what I read according to the original post And I keep typing in this thread simply because it is fun:ph34r:
My photos

My Videos

Anyone can say or think what they want about me. It's a free country. I may piss and moan a lot but not nearly as much as lots of other people. I don't try to be funny, I just tell the truth as I know it. Nothing more, nothing less. Why should I care if anyone respects me? I respect myself and that is all that counts. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and if they want to hate me, it's cool. I have no worries because I look myself in the mirror every morning and no one else.

Cocheese and you and Turtle are allowed to hate me as much as you wants. You all have my permission. :)

Please feel free to reply to my posts and pm's, but only if you're smart enough to understand what they really mean.

I have no worries because I look myself in the mirror every morning and no one else.

Are you sure? did you check to see that its not a two way mirror?

Cocheese and you and Turtle are allowed to hate me as much as you wants. You all have my permission.

Hate? Who said hate? I barely no ya. I'm just giving ya shit about getting so wrapped up in turtles post.
This is how wars start.:D "He said- she said" stuff that gets in the head of people who have weapons.:S

:)

I'm fine with that. I said turtle was acting "dickishly" ,too.(sweet I keep getting to use that word)

And, thanks for finding humor in my threads. 99% of them are supposed to be funny and/or sarcastic.
My photos

My Videos

I worked as a coffee girl for a while. I can guarantee you that if someone walked up to order their drink and was immediately confrontational with me for no reason, I would quite likely get frazzled and screw up.

I have only worked as a "coffee guy" at my church's annual food festival, but have been the night crew checker at a Safeway. Depending on my mood, I might have just used my right to refuse service to anyone and shown him the door.

That would have been applauded by the other customers, I bet.

I'll never forget 1 of the times I volunteered to feed the homeless. I ended up getting a server slot.

The planning was horrible. We were supposed to serve at 11 and since 10 we had been asking for BUNS. At 1053 they said OH WE DONT HAVE ANY YET, OOPS.

So, we were forced to hold back.

This was in May ..IN VEGAS at 1100 am. The sun was hot; 117* hot.

I decided to grab a few cases of water and walk down the line passing them out so everyone would be informed of the situation.

EVERY ONE of them were cool, calm and collected...and grateful.

FFwd thru the end of serving 400+ homeless,who were all great. once that was done the volunteers got to eat.

They were fucking assholes. Pissed off that they weren't allowed to have more than 2 items.(2 hot dogs, 2 hamburgers or 1 of each) they were mad that they had to wait til the end of the lone etc.

Fucking scumbags. I was there to help the homeless not feed your whining ass. NO, I didn't eat either. I was able to go "HOME" and make my own meal.
My photos

My Videos