psipike02

I have a HUGE head

Ok, so I've searched about this but haven't really come up with answers I was happy with.

My dilemma is this, per the subject line, my head is about 24.7".....i'll give you a second to get the shocked ooo's and oh wow's out. *pause*

Ok, When I called Bonehead yesterday and told them that, they said the XXL pimpdaddy would probably have trouble fitting me. I've fit into an XL pimpdaddy though during a few of my coach jumps.

I wanted to know if there were any other choices for those of us who have larger craniums...:D....I really don't want a Protec, but will consider it comes down to it. I heard about the Velocity...is that another good one?

or should I just say fuck it and get an XXL pimpdaddy anyways and see how it fits?
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

My head is 24.5" and the XXL Boneheads fit me just fine. Infact its one of the only helmets out there that does fit me.

I have a Pimpdaddy and a Mindwarp. Its the old/original Pimpdaddy, though, if that matters.

Get ahold of one to test fit, see if it works for you.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I have a pretty big melon and the Pimpdaddy was the only thing that fit. They are also bakable to adjust the fit. If you are looking for a full face, the Havoc and Mamba fit larger heads. The FreezR is another option.

Good luck
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

I've fit into an XL pimpdaddy though during a few of my coach jumps.

Well, that kind of answers your question. If an XL fits okay, an XXL will probably be just fine.

I'm also a member of the Freakishly Large Head Club (I maintain it's necessary to hold my Freakishly Large Brain:D) and I wear an XL Bonehead Guner and a XXL Bonehead Mamba. I tried an XL Mamba on and it didn't quite sit right on my face. I tried an XL Z1 and it didn't even come close to getting on my head.

The key is trying it on. If you can't try one on before, worst case scenario you have to ship it back for a return.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Hello,
I'am 24'7 too. For my open face helmet, I asked 2Kcomposites for FF1 custom size, at no extra cost...

For full face, I heard the FreeZR is very nice but Paratec told me they were out of stock for at least 8 weeks
>:(
I mailed Bonehead too, but they told me they thought an XXL Mamba would'nt fit. But from what I read here, maybe they are a little conservative?

Okay, after re-reading all this I went and re-measured my Freakishly Large Head® and it's 24.5 inches. So there's another data point for someone who can fit comfortably in an XL Guner and an XXL Mamba.

Of course, as already said, your only really meaningful data point is putting helmets on your head.

Good luck!

Ok, so I've searched about this but haven't really come up with answers I was happy with.

My dilemma is this, per the subject line, my head is about 24.7".....i'll give you a second to get the shocked ooo's and oh wow's out. *pause*

Ok, When I called Bonehead yesterday and told them that, they said the XXL pimpdaddy would probably have trouble fitting me. I've fit into an XL pimpdaddy though during a few of my coach jumps.

I wanted to know if there were any other choices for those of us who have larger craniums...:D....I really don't want a Protec, but will consider it comes down to it. I heard about the Velocity...is that another good one?

or should I just say fuck it and get an XXL pimpdaddy anyways and see how it fits?

PAratec FreeZR. PErfect for us melon heads :)
__

My mighty steed

Damn, can you say Hydrocephalic?:P

I had to google that. :P

A usually congenital condition in which an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the cerebral ventricles causes enlargement of the skull and compression of the brain, destroying much of the neural tissue.

That explains a lot about me. :S:D

Funny you say that....when I was born, my parents actually that this was the case and had an operation done to basically see if I had "water on the brain"

Just found out I have an enormous head B|
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

my head is about 24.5" and i got a Paratec FreeZR, first helmet that i have ever had that is really comfy, plus has a great frield of view and very simple closing mechanism for the visor, never had any trouble with it.

All in all a great helmet

I had to google that. :P

A usually congenital condition in which an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the cerebral ventricles causes enlargement of the skull and compression of the brain, destroying much of the neural tissue.

That explains a lot about me. :S:D

Or maybe the rest of us freaks are microcephalics.:)
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

>My dilemma is this, per the subject line, my head is about
> 24.7".....i'll give you a second to get the shocked ooo's and oh
> wow's out.

We'll call you tiny. (My head's about that size.)

The only helmet that's ever really fit me has been an FP-1 XL.5, but I can't get faceplates for them any more. I got an XXL Freezr, and I can get it on, but it's tight enough that my ears get bloody after taking it on/off in the tunnel a lot. (15 times in an hour, 4 hours total.) I have a custom Oxygn A3 that I can cram on, but my chin ends up 2" below the lip of the helmet.

I also have a Gunner open face helmet that's a little tight, but isn't too bad at all.

I also have an extremely large head.... 25.0". I got a factory diver custom made for me as even a XXL wont even get over past my ears. In fact it ended up being too wide for my head shape (its more long than round), but that was easily fixed.

I am also looking into getting a custom Oxygn, as they now do custom sizes by cutting it down the middle and adding an extension piece.

These are obviously both full face options.

I wear an XL in the student helmets and a XXL in some of the full face helmets (Z1, Mamba,etc). Don't feel bad. :-P
Rodriguez Brother #1614, Muff Brother #4033
Jumped: Twin Otter, Cessna 182, CASA, Helicopter, Caravan

+1 for Mamba... I'm 24.75 myself and to to make it worse, a "long oval".

EVERY helmet is a bit "short" for me, front to back. That said, I've had no problems with my two Bonehead helmets (Guner and Mamba) for fitment. I imagine that I could get a bit more comfort by baking them...I just haven't really had time, yet...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706