freefalljason

Performance Designs Support

I just wanted to let everyone know how Performance Designs handled a situation that I had with my Sabre 2 170 earlier this year. Here is my story. I bought a Sabre 2 170 from a friend of mine who had purchased it new and put about 120 jumps on it. I was really enjoying it for the first 35 jumps then, out of nowhere, on jump #36 (which was a camera jump) it SPANKED me on opening. I figured it could happen on any canopy so I packed it, hooked up my Birdman suit and went and made another skydive. The opening was fine that time. The next jump I made was another camera jump and it SPANKED me again, so hard this time that it tore the canopy at one of the line attachment points. So I called PD on Mon. and they told me to send it in to them and they would inspect and repair it. I explained to Robin or Donna (I can’t remember which it has been so long ago) that they would have to convince me that they “fixed it” because I was very nervous about jumping that canopy after the way it had treated me. She told me that after they repaired it they would send it out to test. When they received the results from their test jumpers, Donna told me that she didn’t like the results and they were not going to send that canopy back to me. She explained to me that they would send me as many demos of as many of their products as I desired until I decided what would be the best canopy for me and then they would build that canopy for me free of charge!! So first off they sent me a Spectre 170, which I loved the openings on but it was sort of boring to fly. I wanted to try a Spectre 150 in hopes that the increased wing loading would spice up the flight characteristics. They told me they would also like for me to try another Sabre 2 so I could see what they are supposed to be like but they didn’t have a Spectre 150 or a Sabre 2 170 or 150 available at the time so I asked her about the Katana. She said they had a 170 available but their demo coordinator, Kim, wanted to talk with me just to be sure that I knew what I was getting into before she sent it to me. Kim called me and we talked for about 15 min. about my background and what I had been jumping then she told me that she felt I could handle the canopy and agreed to send me the Katana 170. I really liked it and after jumping a Spectre 150 and a Sabre 2 150, I decided to order a Katana 170 as the replacement for my Sabre 2 170. Keep in mind that they paid for the shipping both ways every time they sent me another canopy. With the exception of the last canopy that I sent back, I paid the shipping that time, I figured that was the least I could do ; ) . Three weeks after I made my decision I had my brand new custom Katana 170 in my hands! They even sent me all of the “freebies” that comes along with it! I jumped it for the first time this weekend and I couldn’t be happier. Thank you PD and especially Donna, Robin and Kim for your outstanding support.

Blue Skies,

Jason Waller
Blu Skyz Photography
Tullahoma, TN

And that, right there, is why I recommend their excellent products - both BEFORE I was sponsored by them AND after my sponsorship days are over I will do the same.

You simply cannot beat that service.

PD employees (noteworthy mentions are Donna, Robin, Kim and Kolla as they tend to be the 'face' of PD) all go above and beyond the call of duty and are glad to have you join the family :)
Ian

Performance Designs Factory Team

My husband bought a Sabre2 used, it had 3 jumps on it. The original owner had problems with a Sabre2 after 100 jumps or so, sent it back to PD, PD said they didn't like what they found, and sent him a brand new Sabre2 150 as well. Worked well for the original owner (and my husband who got a hell of a deal on the used gear we bought).

Isaiah is another one to add to the list of PD people that's a pleasure to work with. As a packer, he has kept me stocked with pull up cords for a couple of years now, and the first time even sent me a lot of goodies along with them. My mini loft at home is covered in PD decor as a result. B| Kim was a delight to work with both times I needed a demo to try.

Two years ago, I bought a new Spectre 150 from them, and 2 weeks ago I ordered a new custom color Sabre2 135 and a new PD143R, looking forward to getting my new toys to play with :)

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

And that, right there, is why I recommend their excellent products - both BEFORE I was sponsored by them AND after my sponsorship days are over I will do the same.

*gasp* You're SPONSORED by PD? You must be really good or something.

;)

Brie
"Ive seen you hump air, hump the floor of the plane, and hump legs. You now have a new nickname: "Black Humper of Death"--yardhippie

*gasp* You're SPONSORED by PD? You must be really good or something.

That, or he's just good eye candy and they know he'll catch the females' attention. ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

You simply cannot beat that service.

PD employees (noteworthy mentions are Donna, Robin, Kim and Kolla as they tend to be the 'face' of PD) all go above and beyond the call of duty and are glad to have you join the family :)
Ian

Totally agree! They are the best! You cant go wrong with PD.
Me and my sponsored Spectre are as happy as can be!
Cant say I wont jump anything else, but those canopies are older than PD has been in business, so probably doesnt count.:S

J