SamerMasry

Adria Allen

Please we only want to remember her in a good light. That lawyer thing...... I don't know man!

I REFUSED to believe she was a Lawyer for months...No way someone that ...well....non lawyerish (compliment) could be a corporate attorney. I finally saw the website or something...

Mike

Personally, I like to thank you for all the info you have provided regarding Adria. I went to the memorial service yesterday...it was beautiful....I've never seen so many people at a service.

Thanks again.
"Love is doing small things with great love."

Lacrosse: Legally beating men with sticks since 1492

I went to the memorial service yesterday...it was beautiful....I've never seen so many people at a service.

It was beautiful and it was truly a wonderful tribute to our friend, Adria. So many people showed up, I believe there were more people outside the chapel, than in the chapel.
To hear the things being said about Adria and how she lived her life, is an example to us all.

Adria never wasted a moment, she lived her life to the fullest and even in moments, where most people might or would give up, she found the ways to make the most from the situation. Thank you Adria.

Take care of each other,
Curt

i was selfishly disappointed that i could not get inside the chapel to hear the speakers. i caught some of her cousin's remarks and was moved to remember the unselfishness of adria's life, and the great impression she left on me. i'm sure she was smiling while she saw me shifting from foot to foot, straining to get in the middle of things, and sunburning the top of my head.

i smirked back at her... and paid my private respects.

i sure would like to get my hands on that video that was playing at the entry to the chapel. my video of our last jump together, 3 days before her accident, was inadvertantly erased by a friend i loaned my cam to the next day... i loved watching that girl dance with the sky!

There were too many people to fit in the chapel they reserved for the service...

Again I think the Allens were surprised at how many turned out to pay their respects...

She will be missed

~G~

"The edge ... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who know where it is are those that have gone over"

I was Adria's secretary while she was a lawyer, she'd only been one for a short while. She was very excited about going to the new firm, it would have involved class action suits and white collar crime. No matter what some may think of lawyers, I've met plenty of good ones, she was one with a heart, and it was part of her life. Not accepting that is to not accept her as a whole. I think she was proud of passing the bar and making it as a lawyer.

Anyway, can someone please tell me what BSBD means? I gathered the blue skies part, but can't figure out the rest. Much appreciated.

Anyone know what got Adria into sky diving, when she started, made that first jump that made her decide this is the hobby for me?

Thanks for letting me post on your forum.

Saddened and formerly in shock, but getting to acceptance now.

~Skye

Its an exression that has existed in skydiving for a very long time.
WE live for brief moments of utter joy in beautiful Blue Skies...

We deal with the pain of friends lost and the possibility of our own or our friends Black Death.

I had met her with several others from Perris but did not really know her. We had made plans to do some jumps when Chicks Rock happens with other women at Elsinore at the end of next month. Life is fragile.. and plans for future fun will be replaced with quiet retrospection. Rest well little one.

BSBD

No matter what some may think of lawyers, I've met plenty of good ones, she was one with a heart, and it was part of her life. Not accepting that is to not accept her as a whole. I think she was proud of passing the bar and making it as a lawyer.

I'm an attorney who freuents this board. Take it from me - these folks mean nothing other than sheding a light on how great of a person she was. We skydivers may have the tendeny to look at events like this with humor. None of the many attorneys on this board take that seriously. I'm sure Adria never did either.

Adria had reason to be proud. She passed the bar and made it as a lawyer. I sure wasn't good enough to get a job with BBK, and that says much of her talents and abilities.

Let those at your firm look at skydivers the way I do - as the greatest group of people with the greatest hobby (passion, lifestyle, ec) that one could imagine.

And know that there are many out there who recognize that two communities - the legal and the skydiving, have lost a bright and rising star.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Hi all of Adria's friends. I am a very good friend of Adria's mother, JoAnn. Also I knew Adria for about 20 years, since she was only seven. I wanted to thank you, Curt , for your moving and exceptional tribute to Adria at the memorial service. I realize it must have been hard, yet healing, to get up there and speak. But I hope that you felt all the love and appreciation that we all felt for your words and your recognition of who Adria really was. I believe that anyone that had the pleasure to know her was a better person for it. She was a diamond in the rough, an exceptional spirit and human being. I also believe that even though she has left this earthly plane, she is still with us in many ways. I felt closer to her at the service than I ever had before. She was shining through each soul that was there, it was profound and beyond words. I really felt her presense with us and am convinced she is in pure love and joy and is soaring now.
I also wanted to let you know that her mom, JoAnn, and I talk and see each other often, and I spent the evening with her and some other very close friends on Wed. , the day after the memorial. She is doing well, and said that without all of you, her friends from the Drop Zone, she would have never made it through. She also said that you are all like her own children now. She really expressed her appreciation for all your love and support and kindness. Her friends really are a reflection of Adria. JoAnn was shocked at all the friends she had, and was grateful for you all being there for her and Adria in the hospital. I thank you also, JoAnn is an exceptional person herself and a very special friend of mine. She believes that she has gotten through this loss and unimaginable pain because of Adria's help, her spirit and the person Adria was....and still is. Thank you for letting me share my thoughts with you all....I pray for everyone's Blue Skies and Safe Return to earth, always. Sincerely, Nicola

Note from Brandon P.-

"Thank you to all for the love and support you've shown regarding the loss of Adria. I can't say that I will ever feel the same knowing that she is gone. And I can't say for sure when you will see me in the air again, but know that you will see me. Adria was and always will be my first love, and I miss her terribly. Blue Skies Everyone. Stay Safe and tell those close to you that you love them...everyday."

I was doing some research on the issue of expert versus lay witness testimony on property valuation (an issue I dealt with in a trial that ran all last week), and I happened upon a case with the following notation.

"COUNSEL: Best Best & Krieger, Bruce W. Beach, Karen Freeman Landers and Adria Allen for Plaintiff and Appellant." The opinion was issued in May, 2005 - nine months after she passed.

Most of the opinion was not what I was looking for - issues regarding eminent domain and the like. The issues she was dealing with were pretty deep and beyond my knowledge base. It showed that she was intelligent and articulate and dealt with some pretty complex stuff

Every now and then something happens that makes you remember some things you'd rather forget. This was one of them - a random event that brings me back to those who have been lost.

And I vividly remember holly and shannon and michelle spray. And even people I never knew like Gus Wing and Chris Martin who clearly had a huge impact.

Somehow, today it is just hitting me much harder than it should. Perhaps it's because I remembered Adria as the smiling one who gave me encouragement in the Otter before my first solo. Perhaps it's because I knew not then that she was an attorney, and I feel some degree of commonality that I did not previously feel or experience on the basis of what I know now.

Perhaps it's just that it was so unexpected. But she is flying free now, as are all of them.

My wife is hotter than your wife.