I am the soft starlight at night.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there, I did not die!

I am the song that will never end.
I am the love of family and friend.
I am the child who has come to rest
In the arms of the Father who knows him best.

When you see the sunset fair,
I am the scented evening air.
I am the joy of a task well done.
I am the glow of the setting sun.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there, I did not die!

by Mary Frye & Wilbur Skeels

I am terribly sorry to have to report this, but Adria's family called us a couple hours ago and Adria has died. There will be info to follow concerning a memorial for Adria as soon as her family has had time to deal with the situation at hand.

We all Love you, and will miss you tremendously Adria, but we will never forget you.

My condolences to her family and friends.

Good bye, sister. Blue Skies.

Michael

My sincerest condolences go out to Adria's family and friends. I've seen her pictures before and feel like I know her. Such a beautiful, young, and intelligent woman for her life to be cut so short. It's a very sad day. May she rest in peace.
"If the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girl's sports such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing." - Homer Simpson

Has anyone ever seen her in a bad mood?

Hell, I put her in a bad mood the first night I met her. Right away I knew I would like her. She didn't take any shit and could give it if she had to. She was a great woman.

Why her?

This was so unlike Adria. It still boggles the mind. She wasn't that type of canopy pilot. Maybe it was her time and God used her as a lesson to the rest of us to not get complacent (sp?)

Maybe God used her to help us all realize how precious life is and how fragil it can be, and how fast it can be taken away from us.

I know there are a few people at the DZ at least that have rethought what they are doing under canopy. I hope they pass on the lesson they (we all) learned that day. By taking Adria from us in that way, I think she has helped to save a few other lives that God has other plans for.

I don't know what her real purpose on earth was, but she has helped me to see a few people in a different light and hopefully from this tragedy I have made stronger bounds with a few others. I refuse to let this be a wasteful death.

Dom

this is a very sad day :(. i do not know Adria, but i weep like she was a good friend :( :(....

my prayers and thoughts are for adria's family and friends. i pray for your strength through this tragedy.

may your spirit keep rising Adria.

~ meL* Pink Mafia / Tunnel Mafia Sister

Maybe God used her to help us all realize how precious life is and how fragil it can be, and how fast it can be taken away from us.

He has been doing that to us a lot lately. I am way too humble to question God's plan, but I am ready for a break.

I don't know what her real purpose on earth was, but she has helped me to see a few people in a different light and hopefully from this tragedy I have made stronger bounds with a few others. I refuse to let this be a wasteful death.

I am certain she would be proud to hear you say that.

Curt,
After just getting off the phone with your and hearing the news, my heart is completely broken. Since Saturday when I first found out about her accident, I have been choking, looking to find the right thought to think, or the right word to say.

I have known Adria for a little more than a year and a half it has been nothing but a positive experience. She possessed a personality that would just light up a room.

In the plan this year for Aerodyne, we decided to focus on sponsoring instructors, not necessarily Athletes, but when i was speaking to her in December of last year, just chatting and I found out her and Frida were going to do a serious team this year, I was instantly interested in sponsoring them. (even though at the time I didn't know Frida, and Jessica hadn't been involved yet)

The thing that made me want to lend the companies support, was her unparalleled excitement with skydiving and improving herself as a jumper. And I got the feeling that she would be a driving force in competition and an example to female free flyers and stimulate more women to form teams and compete. I believe she was on the way to all of these things.
There are so many reasons why a company would be lucky to have a Skydiver like Adria represent them. She was super intelligent, yet didn't presume to know everything, she was personable, fun and funny. She had an easy way with people, and seemed to make friends at every turn. She was articulate, strait forward and communicated eloquently and effectively. She has been a major help in giving me a female perspective on the Icon, as well as just a hard skydiving jumpers perspective, and just over all constructive input on all aspects of our gear sales system, image. Everything.

I will miss dearly my weekly hello's from her, her big ol smile, her willingness to be silly, her daring spirit (we went to jump off of some cliffs into a lake two weeks ago, and she was the only one who would do a back flip, even my good buddy JT, who hates to be outdone wouldn't do one)

Heaven will be a little brighter for sure, and all of us still bound by human form will certainly miss her.

My prayers are with her family, Frida, Jessica, and all of her friends from SoCal and elsewhere.

we have to learn a lesson from this, this is a dangerous dangerous game we play, so please, please, please be careful out there.
"Those who say it cannot be done, should not interrupt those who are doing it"

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
of sun-split clouds, -- and done a hundred things
You have not dreamed of -- wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit silence. Hov'ring there,
I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung
My eager craft through footless halls of air ....

Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue
I've topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace
Where never lark nor ever eagle flew --
And, while with silent lifting mind I've trod
The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

- John G. Magee, Jr

Thank you, Adria, for your time with us. We miss you. God be with you and your family.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want... Psalm 23

Blessings,
Bobby

I met Adria for the first time about a couple of months ago in Excel/Basic Camp at Elsinore, and was on plane with her this past Saturday at Perris......just couldn't believe it, everything happened so fast that there are no words to describe......my condolences to Adria's family

HOME IN THE SKY

One of these days I'm saying goodbye,
And I'm going to my home in the sky.
Where I'll never feel sadness, sorrow or pain,
And no teardrop will dim my eye.
I'm going to thank my Jesus for dying for me,
And for setting my poor soul free,
I'm going to praise His Holy name and shout it on high,
When I reach my home in the sky.

Yes, I'm going to my home in the sky,
On the wings of an angel I'll fly,
I'll meet with loved ones who've gone on before,
To be blessed in that sweet by and by,
I'm going to walk the streets made of purest gold,
And I'll wear a bright white shinning robe,
I'm going to live forever because no one will die,
When we reach our home in the sky.
Dear friend, will you join me in the home in the sky?
For the time of redemption draweth nigh,
Where death will be defied and no longer apply,
When we reach our home in the sky."

Goodbye Adria
"Love is doing small things with great love."

Lacrosse: Legally beating men with sticks since 1492

Heaven in my Horizon

Where the sky meets the sea
My soul is enlightened and my heart feels free
In the depths of my mind, I travel to see
The being I was, is no longer me

Ride the tide to the edge of the earth
My acts of kindness will measure my worth
Where the sea meets the sky
I will hear the answers to my questions of ‘Why’.

I am moving forward in perfect flight
In harmony and peace, facing the light
The warmth that surrounds me glows so bright
I have evolved. There is clarity and perfect sight.

I see old friends and close family
Together again as we promised to be
The reunion plays on, so many to see

This is my time to embrace the truth
A chance to savor my eternal youth
Where the sea and the sky come together
My paradise is found, this is forever.

This is where you can always find me.
Heaven is the horizon.

Fly free as you have not died, you have just evolved.

BSBD,
Katherine

I think Dom said it best a few days ago; "Heaven will be a little brighter now."

Equally I also relate something else that Dom wrote in an ealier post, she had that beautiful smile that made her stand out among others. I didn't know Adria all that well, but I think I can speak for all us who saw her at the dropzone with regularity by saying that. . . we will all remember Adria's pretty smile.

For some strange reason I feel really guilty because I have learned so much from her accident. It's almost sacrificial. Her accident has weighed so heavy on my conscience over the past few days, each time I have drifted off to sleep or put on my rig to go for a jump. She is the first person I have truly known in our sport to have died.

. . . .I will never forget the sacrifice you made Adria. May our paths cross again someday!!

My deepest sympathy to her friends and family.

Regards,

J.P. Nelis

thank you for touching my heart, adria. the joy in that smile was contagious, your energy enlightening. i will miss our time in the sky, and the beauty that ran to the depths of your soul.

i will never jump without the memory of the many we have lost, but yours will remind me of a very special blessing.

blue skies, beautiful lady