SamerMasry

Adria Allen

I would like to take this opportunity to mention that Aerodyne will be running an advertisement which went to press at the beginning of the month, where we feature a quote from Adria promoting our Smart Reserve.

I don't want people to be offended by this, nor would I want for the ad to continue should there be strong objections from friends and family. I also don't want people to think that we have been disrespectful in running this ad. It went to press at the beginning of the month and should be in your mailbox shortly.

Curt seeing you are in touch with most people here perhaps you could communicate this to the family and I will respect their wishes in pulling the ad for the next issues, should they so wish.

I would also like people to know that this was with Adria's absolute consent and her authorized permission to use it any advertising we might choose to. The quote can be viewed on our website under the Smart page where we have featured that quote from her for a couple months now.

My personal opinions are that this is in a way a nice little way of remembering Adria and what she meant to our little company as well as her willingness to help us out wherever she could.

Curt please email me at [email protected] should you have any feedback.

respectfully

Bushman

My personal opinions are that this is in a way a nice little way of remembering Adria

I think it helps to show the mark she left on this sport and this discussion shows the mark she left in our hearts.

-----------------------------------------------
The difference between fear and respect is knowledge. Learn more about what your doing and you won't be afraid to do it.

Hey Samer

This has nothing to do with Adria, but we met a couple of months ago while you were at a certain legal span in potato land while you were there with Abby. Hope things are well with you and I just wanted you to know that you rocked that weekend. There's no way in hell we could have done as many jumps as we did with out your excellent ground crew help. Plus I hope you enjoyed the thing you did at the end of the weekend. ;) Will we see you up there again in the future?

Steve

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

As was done for Nate Gilbert just a short time ago, I would like to propose a Nation-wide Tracking dive in Adria's honor, to take place at Sunset on Saturday, 28 Aug for Adria.

Please post any video, pictures or links to such here.
Thank You All so much

Curt, sign me up!!!!!!

May I make a suggestion. I know a few of those most close to Adria (one in particular) had said she was going to take a break for a bit.You know who I am talking about. I think if she isn't on this jump it would be a shame. MAybe a week or two from now when certain people are comfortable being back in the air? Just a suggestion. Either way I will be there this weekend.
Dom

I would like to propose a Nation-wide Tracking dive in Adria's honor

I'll organize one over at Taft this weekend if anybody's going to be heading out there.

-----------------------------------------------
The difference between fear and respect is knowledge. Learn more about what your doing and you won't be afraid to do it.

Memorial services for Adria will be at the:
Glenabby Memorial Park and Mortuary
Tuesday, 31 Aug 2004 @ 2PM in
"The Chapel of the Roses"

Glenabby Memorial Park and Mortuary
3838 Bonita Road
Bonita, CA 91902
(619) 498-4600

This will be a closed casket memorial service. The funeral will be at a later time for family only.

Any donations, in lieu of flowers would be greatly appreciated, in Adria's name to her favorite charity:

Mama's Kitchen
1875 2nd Avenue
San Diego, CA 92101
(619) 233-6262
Mama's Kitchen

Thank You

This will be a memorial only, there will not be a casket

Why no casket?

Not like it's any of my business how her family handles this but most funerals I have been to are in some place where people can gather together.

Segregating the services might offend people who are not "chosen" to attend the real funeral and burial.

***This will be a memorial only, there will not be a casket

Why no casket?

Not like it's any of my business how her family handles this but most funerals I have been to are in some place where people can gather together.

Segregating the services might offend people who are not "chosen" to attend the real funeral and burial.

With all due respect, I am sure her family has their reasons and during this time probably do not care all that much if they "offend" anyone. People can still honor her and say their goodbyes without a casket.

RIP sweet girl, have fun flying with all of the skydivers who have gone before you.

Melissa

"May the best of your past be the worst of your future"

I didn't think the ad was disrespectful...It was just a little disconcerting to flip the first pages and see a quote by someone who had just died. (I didn't know her but I'd heard the name)

And then the two memorial pages for other jumpers. And a couple of fatality reports.

It's a depressing issue. (but serves as a good reminder to take this sport seriously)

Condolences to her friends and family.

sometimes, its simply a logistics issue. If a lot of people are expected for a memorial service, many times its best to have an open memorial service for anyone who wishes to pay their respects, and a private funeral for close friends and family to say their goodbyes. Its a fairly common practice, and if it's what her family wants, that's what they should do.

I thought this was supposed to be about her family.

To be honest most of her friends already got together this weekend and had a memorial (actually two) jumps and a candle light vigil at the DZ. A rose bush was planted in her honor and people got to say their piece. It was nice to here her closest friends speak and get to laugh and cry together one more time.

I hope the girls (Jessica, Frida, Julie and Angelica) felt better after. They have been so effected by this, it is like losing a real sister for them! The 4 of them are truely AWESOME women!
Dom

Skydivers,

Today's on-line San Diego Union Tribune carries the obituary of Adria Allen. Her family did a phenomenal job with the write-up, considering how difficult it must have been for them.

The obit has a link to a "Guest Book". For those not attending the services, I encourage each of you to take a moment and write a word or two of remembrance. It's important to show our love and support in this difficult time.

Try this link: http://www.legacy.com/signonsandiego/LegacyHome.asp

If that doesn't work, try: www.SignOnSanDiego.com in the right hand column, under "Latest News", click on "Obituaries". You'll see her name under "Family Placed Notices"

Blue skies,
Carmen

Why no casket?

Kbone-
Do you have anything positive to say?
Anything for Adria's family or friends?

To answer your...questions.
There was no casket, because this was a memorial service, not a funeral.

You are correct, it's none of your business, but the service was in a place where many of Adria's family and friends gathered together. I would estimate over 200 people gathered. I'm sorry no one "checked" with you on how to conduct this service.

You obviously have not a clue of what Adria's wishes were in this case. No one was offended by the segregation of services, and I am very sorry if this offended you.

I will say this though, both of your posts concerning Adria slightly offended me. But, considering the source, I realize I am wasting energy on feeling this way.
In your future postings, maybe you could read what you wrote before posting. Anyone can find negativity, it takes a genuine person to look for and find the positives.

Thank you for your concern.