JoeJ

Question to skydivers by Joe Jennings

If it isn't posted there, jog my memory and I may be able to dig it up!

Red and white AXON canopy.. me big white suit with red stripes... Mad John load.. you trying to do CRew with me.. did I mention I dont do CRew:S

See below:ph34r:
yes yes!! i remember - let me dig around for that photo!

Joe Jennings
http://www.skydive.com
http://www.skydive.tv

No it's fine here i think. Just don't say "My Bad" Skymama hates that.

Joe Jennings can say anything he wants. :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

What drew you to the sport in the first place?
-The wonderful people with a passionate and enlivened view of LIFE.
Specifically my instructor was Paul D. Rafferty. A man of whom I have the upmost respect and trust in. He taught me not only to skydive, but also to relax and experience each moment of the day.

What kept you in the sport?
-The relaxation. The challenge. But most importantly, the people.

Has skydiving changed other areas of your life?
-ABSOLUTELY! I am less intimadated by those situations that really don't matter.

Has skydiving affected you personally?
-I am still the Karen that I was prior to skydiving... but I have found that I like the way she lives better now.

Why should someone try skydiving?
-"Someone" should try EVERYTHING. Why else be here?

Other thoughts?
-I'm curious about the missing link.... think maybe the missing fossils will never be found because as a species we became more aquatic and thats why we have less hair than monkeys... the tides kept moving the remains... thus no fossils. Water monkeys... makes sense, doesn't it? ok... it's a thought.

Here's another thought..... RUM! B|

What drew me to skydiving? A invitation from a friend to make that first jump, the curiosity and excitement of it all.

What keeps me around? The exhilaration of being in the sky, of realizing that most fundamental dream of flight. The unbelievable sights in all directions when you fly without walls and wings and windshields surrounding you. The unbelievable calm of being happy and at ease in an environment most people would find terrifying.

Why should someone try it? It's one of the ultimate yet very accessible experiences in life. For such an adventure the cost is very reasonable.

Anyway, my 2 cents, Joe. I can't wait to see some of your promos. I'm sure they'll be great.

My step-father was stationed at YPG and we were living on base. I was getting out of school one day and saw a big commotion at the baseball fields and headed over to see what was going on. As I reached the crowd I see this huge yellow x on the grass and heard an airplane headed by. I looked up and saw the Golden Knights exit and just stared in amazement until they landed. I was 9 years old. Then 9 years later I was in high school in Yuma still and 'some crazy skydiver' was going to break a world record for most jumps in 24 hours. Yep Jay Stokes. So we drove out to see it and watched for awhile but it was at night so we just got to watch his glow sticks...kinda boring to a non-jumper to watch. Anyway, a radio station had bought a few Tandem jumps to do a few giveaways and sure enough I won one. So my first tandem was with Jay Stokes little did I know. I still got the video ;-). I got up to 18 jumps and had to leave the sport for awhile but every day I want to go back. Most non-jumpers just read the stories of those crazy skydivers that are flying into power lines etc... but what they miss is the support, friendship, understanding and a lot more. I think those that most call crazy are the ones that are actually alive.... If you can jump out of an airplane, what can't you do? Jumping put some things in perspective for me. It helped give me some direction in life (started jumping in college) where I KNOW that I can not live the rest of my life staring at a computer watching life pass me by; but I am in control to make it happen.

They say males think about sex every 8 seconds. I think I changed to skydiving every other 8.....or sex while skydiving. B|

NOTHING compares to it; for those few minutes you are completely free. All the little things fade away. Its just you and life.

Other thoughts?
Too many people are losing sight of life. Goto work, sit in a cube, goto some meetings about meetings you had last week, go home, grab fast food or toss in a microwaved meal, realize you don't have enough retirement saved up, work till you die.....

edit. Added a few things and put into paragraph form. Reading FTW :D

My answers wont help, but here they are.

What drew you to the sport in the first place?

I try everything.

What kept you in the sport?

I love flying around with my friends. Diving out and flying down to them. Looking over and geeking.

Has skydiving changed other areas of your life?

I have no money and don't miss it.
I should be worried, and will live to regret it, but
I'd rather have the memories than the cash in 10 years.

I have done, seen, and felt awesome things.
I have rode around on the outside of a plane at 20,000 ft with buddies.

Because of the people. Skydivers are animated about life. You can spot them from across the room. Most people are excited about external events. Skydivers seem to enjoy being alive.

Other thoughts?

Be safe. Check your buddies gear.

More importantly-how did you get Skydive.com listed on Voodoo. That's just too cool

Voodoo lives in a hangar at Davis, Ca. Just down the taxiway from the dropzone. I'd bet there's some sort of connection there.

I was wishing I was rich when he was offering jumpers rides in it during the American Boogie a couple years ago...

err..thought it said this was a forum for non skydiving subjects??

Bonfire is the place for anything except guns, politics or religion. You can post skydiving related threads here, they just might not last very long on the first page since so much other stuff gets posted. That's wjy the other forums were created back in the day. Some of us still remember those days. :)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Have some respect mate.

Next he'll be telling Kate Cooper, "I don't think that exit will work."

Joe, you let me on the plane during your Girls Gone Wild jumps in Hawaii. I'll send you my stuff in an email.

Mahalo again.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

Joe, I do a little stuff at the WFFC. Boy has skydiving changed my life. I sold one of my businesses, I gave up my political career ( didn't even have anyone running against me, and walked away from my seat), quit directing the choirs I had been involved with since 1969. I spend EVERY weekend at a dropzone, have driven from the Canadian border to the Texas gulf and to South Carolina in the last couple of months just to hang around these great people. My best friends are all jumpers, pilots and wannabes, and I don't miss the life I had before. I live to watch the big shot lawyer, dentist, judge, or doctor who is intently listening to some young dz bum explain aerodynamics and body position. I love it when the two finalize a jump plan and execute it, and upon landing the big shot is brimming with excitement because his skydiving buddy helped him achieve in 3 minutes something that matters much more than whatever his weekly living entails. I love living in cramped quarters with a bunch of skydiving buddies for several weeks each year to pull off the WFFC, and then having people I have only conversed with online show up and give me a huge hug, and become an instant friend. I love it when those same people come back year after year, contact me when they get married, have babies, or go to a new dz, and include me in their lives. It thrills me to the core when a skydiving buddy comes to help set up the WFFC from France or England or Australia, just so we can all hang around together.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

Its amazing, the responses here, and the ones sent to my email. I can hardly say thanks enough. I'm learning a lot. And its great to see that I wasn't just dreaming up the concept that skydiving can be a life altering (usually for the better) experience. All of this is good food for thought that will help me to make a more effective product.

I'll take all of this I can get, so please keep them coming, and don't forget to email a photo of yourself if you don't mind it being posted.

Love you too Shell !

blue skies!

Joe Jennings
http://www.skydive.com
http://www.skydive.tv

Hi Joe,

I’m a fan of your work.

My best advice however may sound negative. I think you should bail on the whole “promotional video” idea. If you decide to go ahead, make sure to ask for a lot of money up front because you will never recoup your expenses on the back end.

Here’s why. The skydiving industry is struggling because of greed and laziness among the DZ owners and equipment vendors. You know the reasons, I know the reasons but I refuse to get into another flame war on dz.com over it.

Sniveling, tear jerking testimonials are not the answer. Promotion is. We have the skills, we have the planes and we have the passion for the sport. We need young blood and the only way to keep the sport alive is to make it affordable.

err..thought it said this was a forum for non skydiving subjects??

Bonfire is the place for anything except guns, politics or religion. You can post skydiving related threads here, they just might not last very long on the first page since so much other stuff gets posted. That's wjy the other forums were created back in the day. Some of us still remember those days. :)

Ahh - the wonders of Talk Back.:ph34r::ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun