jjiimmyyt

Favourite all time film

Mike Leigh's "Naked"

"Not so much a stream-of-consciousness as a torrent of bile"

and

"Not for the faint of heart, Naked will test one's own philosophy, and leave you stripped bare."

That last quote sums it up best for me. You know you've been through the wringer after watching "Naked".

I like movies that credit you with intelligence. Memento, The Usual Suspects, Se7en - all thrilling and smart. I thought Children of Men, although clunky in places, was still astonishing.

I can watch Raising Arizona endlessly and still laugh out loud - it's about time Nic Cage did some more out-and-out comedy.

And I saw Jaws again recently, for the first time in a long time. If not for the rubber shark I'd call that movie perfection - the script, the cast, the music, the direction, the editing, the atmosphere. I think maybe it was the first real blockbuster, and it's had a huge influence on pop culture. 30-odd years on most of the recent dumbed down 'event' movies can't hold a candle to it.

Hi Jim,
"It's a Mad, Mad, Mad World!!!!!!!!!!" Frank Tallman flies the Beech 18 thru the billboard!! Jimmy Durante,"Kicks the bucket!!" Ben Blue and Cid Caeser in the JN-4!!

Toss in Apocalypse Now and Waldo Pepper too.
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Too many to list, though I've always said my top 4 are:

Shawshank Redemption
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Magnolia
Dark City

Those are probably just the ones that stick in my mind though. Anything else written by Charlie Kaufman or directed by Paul Thomas Anderson is great. I see so many great movies that only stick in my memory for a while, as my brain can only retain so much. Last weekend I watched Cool Hand Luke, Days of Heaven, and Black Book, which were all great.

Also gotta give a nod to those who mentioned LA Confidential, Usual Suspects, and Raising Arizona (all the Coen Bros stuff is great, can't wait for the new one).
www.WingsuitPhotos.com