bigway

britney spears lost her kids

And i am sure if they were famous and had media recording these happenings of dropping the kids off at weekends and then video of the parents partying at the dropzone and swearing, flashing boobies, having men lick tequila from them etc then the media would make a circus out of this too and we would all be shouting that all dropzone mothers are bad parents and we should not feel sorry for them if they lose their kids.

IS this not just as bad as what Britney has done? Maybe with the media pressure and the threats from the lawyers and the struggle from her ex for more money made her actually snap and lose it a bit more.

What I am saying is i feel sorry for the girl to lose her kids. Just as i would if one of the single mothers at the DZ lost their kids for having the same 'good times'. Just they do not have someone videoing it all and running it to the police and have every paper paying millions to chase her around all their lives.

I love dropzone life and would hate for anyone to lose their child.
I feel sorry for the poor girl because i am sure the pressure of being famous made it hell for her and probably contributed alot to her meltdown.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

All those paparazzi pictures of her. What percentage have her children with her in those pictures?

No, she'll party until 6 a.m. while the kids are with the nanny, sleep until 3 p.m. while the kids are with the nanny, etc.

Frankly, from my experience, she had custody of the kids for longer than just about any Jane Doe would have considering her behavior. Think about it - as a matter of comparison, Cletus the Dad is determined to be a better parent.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

You can't tell me that kids aren't affected by mommy dumping them off with relatives so they can go skydiving every weekend and justify it by saying they spend all week with their kid(s). Since when is parenting a M-F job?

Hmmm.. Lets see.. Recently Divorced?? That generally means the other parent has custody on weekends.

So mommy should sit home and be a good little house keeper while little Johnny gets to spend the weekend with Dad?? :S

I am certain there are many bad parents in skydiving out there.. But just because a single mom is at the DZ on the weekends does NOT always mean she is neglecting her kids.
:S[:/]

HUGE difference between that and what is being discussed here. Brittney out partying all night and doing Drugs around her kids. To compare that to a recently divorced single mom going out to the DZ and spending time with new friends while the Child is with the other parent is Really stretching it.

Actually, she's been warned time and time again that she WOULD lose her kids if she didn't get her act together and still she didn't comply with the judge's conditions. Forget the whole public unravelling and living under a microscope for a minute- if her children were remotely important to her, wouldn't she have made an effort to comply? I can't feel sorry for her- I DO feel sorry for the little boys.

I must say you have put a different view on it. I think a lot of us are quick to jump on the band wagon, myself included... I have never cared for her music, but don't know a whole lot about her as a person. And of course, the media only displays the "juicy" stuff. I would hope that the court had some very founded reasons for doing what they did and it wasn't apart of the saga that has surrounded her. Speaking for myself as a parent and a recently single mom after many years, I too have went out with friends and "cut loose" per se... I needed to in order to maintain my sanity. I do not do drugs, period, and don't hang out with people who do, but I did get a bit intoxicated. However, prior to going out, my children were safe, over night with a family member. My children are my first priority in everything I do, everyday. If I can't secure realiable, safe child care for them when I want to go out, I don't go...its that simple. But I am not dead, and I do from time to time need time away from them and I don't think this makes me a bad mom. The Media has really blown the Brittany thing up and honestly, Im quite tired of hearing about her. I do feel sorry for the kids tho, being born to celebrities has to be hard, they are just too young to know it yet. If what the media has said is true about her doing drugs around her kids, and some of the other things they say she has done then yes she deserves to loose them, even if its temporary. Maybe this will make her wake-up and realize she needs to straighten her life out.

To compare that to a recently divorced single mom going out to the DZ and spending time with new friends while the Child is with the other parent is Really stretching it.

No, I specifically said "relative", not the other parent. And every other weekend when the child is with the other parent, sure, no problem. Thats not every weekend though is it?

edit to add: the example I used does paralell what is happening to BS. Any single parent who is more concerned with living a single lifestyle than they are with their kids, is putting themselves in the exact same position that BS did. BS just has the unfortunate bonus of the media.
I'm not saying that anyone DESERVES to lose their kids. I am saying that it DOES HAPPEN. It happened to one of my best friends. So yeah I'd rather point it out to someone who is making the same mistakes, than just defend them because theyre single and can do whatever they want. Thats bullshit.. they still have responsibilities as parents, 24/7.

No, I specifically said "relative", not the other parent. And every other weekend when the child is with the other parent, sure, no problem. That’s not every weekend though is it?

Depends on the situation. I had my daughter EVERY weekend for the first few years after I split up with her mother. I certainly hope her mother got out and had some fun on those weekends.

Again.. Comparing this to what Brittney was doing is not even close.[:/]

I'm not saying that anyone DESERVES to lose their kids. I am saying that it DOES HAPPEN.

I say there are some that DO DESERVE to lose their kids. This steps away from Brit a little, but there are those who shouldn't have custody of anything living. As far as Brit goes, the only tidbit I can recall, as I don't watch news very often, is her driving her car with her son on her lap unrestrained. Great decision making there.:S Granted, it's one time, but it's definately one time too many.:|
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

how do you think dads feel when the mom gets custody????[:/]

having your own children for every other weekend and a few months and holidays just isn't the same...no matter which parent loses custody.

I couldn't agree more. If both parents are fit and good parents, I think the arrangement you mentioned is more than unfair. My ex is a wonderful dad, I really really hope that he and I are able to continue with the friendship that it seems that we have started. If we do make our seperation "legal" I fully intend to have it to where he can have / see the kids whenever he wants. One thing that makes me furious is parents who use the kids as pawns to get back at the other parent. The kids are the only ones who ultimately suffer from such BS.>:(

I'm not saying that anyone DESERVES to lose their kids. I am saying that it DOES HAPPEN.

I say there are some that DO DESERVE to lose their kids. This steps away from Brit a little, but there are those who shouldn't have custody of anything living. As far as Brit goes, the only tidbit I can recall, as I don't watch news very often, is her driving her car with her son on her lap unrestrained. Great decision making there.:S Granted, it's one time, but it's definately one time too many.:|

I agree. Whenever I see people going down the road with kids obviously unrestrained, I get very angry. Its unfair to the kids, they don't realize what could potentially happen. Seatbelts are a must in my car, if you don't or wont wear one, you dont ride.;)

I agree. Whenever I see people going down the road with kids obviously unrestrained, I get very angry. Its unfair to the kids, they don't realize what could potentially happen. Seatbelts are a must in my car, if you don't or wont wear one, you dont ride.;)

My theory is if you don't like seatbelts, get in the truck bed. It's legal in most states. If it's legal, and you don't care, it's your life.
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Once again.. Partying all night, Multiple run ins with legal problems, Drug Use. In and out of Rehab. All while the kids were present.. VERY Bad. The courts got it right for a change.

Going out on the weekends while the children are with the other parent and/or other responsible relative. Normal. It is generally referred to as "Getting on with your Life" and can be a very positive thing.

Going out on the weekends while the children are with the other parent and/or other responsible relative. Normal. It is generally referred to as "Getting on with your Life" and can be a very positive thing.

That would have been great if you were the judge in my friend's custody trial. However, the judge typically puts the welfare of the children before the social life of the single parent.

the judge typically puts the welfare of the children before the social life of the single parent.

I agree completely that that is what SHOULD be done (In reality, It is generally NOT that way. Judges generally just make sure the kids stay with the MOM unless their are EXTREAME extenuating circumstances (Like in this case where there were MANY instances of Drug Use, Bizarre behavior and run ins with the law). I am sure we could swap Horror stories for a while about how the Courts are totally fucked.

This case (Brittney) they appear to have done the right thing.

Your accusation that Single Moms that spend weekends at the DZ are neglecting their children and somehow compare to this mess is completely asinine in my opinion.

I am usually the guy who makes fun of these Clebs, but I feel bad for her.
I feel bad for any woman who feels so much pressure to look like a 17-year-old all her life.
I felt bad for her when I heard she thought she was a fat pig (she looked great), and I feel bad for her now.

The fame is not worth it, IMHO
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Jay, you are right mate. The courts did get it right this time taking the kids off her.

Howerver i still feel sorry for the poor girl with all this media around her and all her problems that have no lead her to lose her kids.

I am sure that would hurt the worst of mothers no matter how bad they are. I am also willing to bet the pain of that is very traumatic just as it is when a mother adopts her babies out that she does not even want.

As i said at the start, I fell sorry for the girl.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Ok, y'all go pick on Paris for a while.:P

Nah.. Jay thought I was talking about someone who I was not even thinking about, and he was getting all defensive.
For the RECORD, I will not name names, but person I referred to in my initial example is not an Atlanta skydiver (anymore). She spent all of her money on a lawyer trying to get her kid back and she had to quit the sport.