RkyMtnHigh

Real Men Don't Eat Quiche?

I love to make quiche and haven't in a long time since most men say that they don't like quiche. Why is that?:S

This "real man" loves quiche, MAKES quiche (prefers to make omelettes), drinks Chardonnay (but generally drinks IPA and tequila), changes poopy diapers, shoots his .45, plays piano, reads, rock climbs, mountain bikes, loves his dogs--and cats, hates paying bills (that's the wife's job) and doesn't give a flying f#$k what some provincial, homophobic, bad-beer-drinking, ESPN-watchin' lardass thinks about what makes a "real man".

But then, we quiche eaters can be a bit reticent about sharing our feelings . . . . ;):S:D

Real crab meat, mushrooms & water chess nuts.
No spinach tho..... :P

Since we're trading recipes (while waving hand and lisping :P). I love half asiago, half romano cheese, onions, bacon, spinach (sorry) and baby portobellos. Yumm-ME!!

Let cool and put on old videos of "Will and Grace". :D

Make a standard quiche lorraine (if y'all don't know what it is, your loss).

Add bacon to it. Top it with proscuitto and some asiago or robusto and add some grated parmesan. Put it under a roaster to brown the top.

Serve with some sourdough basil toast.

If you are really adventurous, garnish with a quart of ketchup.:P

My wife is hotter than your wife.

but it was a really good steak:$

Honestly, Rachel's filet mignon WAS the best I've ever had, but don't deny diggin' the scenery;)

I felt like "bird feed in a park full of hungry pigeons" when you gave me all of those 5's and 10's:D

There is a book from the early '80's called "Real Men Don't Eat Quiche", a satire about knuck draggers. The greatest humor is that there is now a populace of men who don't eat quiche and don't even know where the saying came from. There are alot many who did read the book but didn't get the joke. A more contemporary example is the drop in sales of Merlot after the main character from Sideways said he wouldn't drink it. A ton of people didn't get the joke that this aspect of the character was created to poke fun at pretentious wine snobs.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher