SpiritFingers

Blue Angeles - San Francisco

So i just spent the last hour watching the Blue Angeles buzz around the city and the bay. I'm on the 39th floor of a highrise at the end of Market St... and WOW.

I cant wait for the show tomorrow. Damn they are cool.

UGH now back to work.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing them soon. They will be in Muskogee OK. Oct. 27 and 28. So I schedule another meeting with the city to discuss taking the SkyFest Boogie there next year, wanted to see the lay out of the airport during the show. I have'nt seen them in years, should be exciting.

So you got it for free! Cool

I take it San Fran lost their fight regarding the Angels flying that airshow. I remember a while back they were trying to keep the blue angels from flying because "it's free advertising for the military."

Don't worry about the difficulty, time and effort these guys have put into putting on a good show for the crowd... They just wanna sucker more people into the military.:S

Edited cuz I don't wanna send it to the speaker's corner:$

Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

I take it San Fran lost their fight regarding the Angels flying that airshow.

A common misconception, usually spread by conservative talk radio and the delightful people at Fox News.

The facts are these. There are two idiots on the San Francisco board of Supervisors that table a motion every year to ban the Blue Angels. They were this year, as they are every year, told to go pound it.

You can read about the attitude towrds the military in San Fransicso here, printed today in the Chronicle funnily enough.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2007/10/04/MNH0SILMH.DTL

I heard that too... however they been flying "Fleet Week" ever since i've been working downtown (8 yrs now). I know they were told not to buzz the buildings as close anymore. We once saw a pilot actually smile at us from what seemed like 50 feet (we were on the 19th floor)... Very NICE.

But the cool part is that this year i get to watch them from 20 floors higher. Its so much better. Tomorrows show should be great... i hear the Airbus A380 is supposed to be out, as well as a P-51 Mustang. I'm so excited....

I take it San Fran lost their fight regarding the Angels flying that airshow.

A common misconception, usually spread by conservative talk radio and the delightful people at Fox News.

The facts are these. There are two idiots on the San Francisco board of Supervisors that table a motion every year to ban the Blue Angels. They were this year, as they are every year, told to go pound it.

You can read about the attitude towrds the military in San Fransicso here, printed today in the Chronicle funnily enough.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2007/10/04/MNH0SILMH.DTL

There's 2 sides to every story I guess. Typically, the truth lies somewhere in between. That's all I'm going to say on it because, well, this is a happy post and it's not good to say sad things in a happy post.:D
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

I heard that too... however they been flying "Fleet Week" ever since i've been working downtown (8 yrs now). I know they were told not to buzz the buildings as close anymore. We once saw a pilot actually smile at us from what seemed like 50 feet (we were on the 19th floor)... Very NICE.

But the cool part is that this year i get to watch them from 20 floors higher. Its so much better. Tomorrows show should be great... i hear the Airbus A380 is supposed to be out, as well as a P-51 Mustang. I'm so excited....

I'm not so keen on the A380. Cool idea, but a waste of money. Profit won't outweigh the cost of production and operation in the long run.

The P-51 and the HE-111 Heinkel are some of my favorite airplanes! (Let's not forget the AN-2:P)

Canon Xti with either the 70-200L f4 or the 100-400L IS F4-5.6. All the Thunderbird photos were at somewhere between 350-400mm. The Canon rep loaned me the 100-400 for them, its on my soon to buy list now. He was shooting with the 400L f4 IS DO and a 1Ds Mark III. My click click click was more of a machine gun going off on his body. I guess thats what you get when you drop $4400 into a body and another $5300 into the lens.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com