FlyinDawg

A Ferret or A Snake or Both.

I couldn't make a decide if I can buy a ferret or a snake. I knew I won't buy both because snake can have chance to eat ferret, which it part of rat families. All I know a ferret is a playful. What's your choice if you plan or want to buy?
Flyin' Dawg or SkyDog

"To understand is to forgive, even oneself."

A ferret can kick a snake's ass. Ferrets come from the mongoose family, if I'm not mistaken.

But if it were me, I'd get the snake. Ferrets can really stink up the room.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

A ferret can kick a snake's ass. Ferrets come from the mongoose family, if I'm not mistaken.

Probably we should create illegal ferret and snake fight instead of cockfighting. :D:D:D

But well, forget it! I love animals than illegal fighting. ;)
Flyin' Dawg or SkyDog

Caged reptiles aren't the sweetest smelling things in the world.

My snake tank doesn't stink. I keep it very clean. Plus she poops in her water bin which makes it easier to keep clean. Just dump it, scrub it and fill it back up.
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

I had a ferret a while back. She was the meanest little fucker around, and VERY active. I don't know if I wasn't giving her enough play time or if she was just mean, so I got another ferret for her. Maybe she was in love, but whatever the case, she became the sweetest, loving thing around. Those two wery VERY playful and needed their time to get in to everything they could.

Just an FYI though... Even if you get descented and spayed ferrets, they will still smell up a room. No matter how much you clean their cage and bathe them, they still have a very musky odor. You'll need to ferret proof your home before bringing one home.

Get a bearded dragon. They interact well and can adapt quite well with their owner. At least mine did.

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

Ferrets are GREAT! But they require a lot of work and attention. I don't know about maintaining a snake, but I assume it's a helluva lot less work. If you get a ferret and you don't have an area that's non-carpeted where they can frolic (I know frolic is kind of a gay word, but if somebody has a better description for what ferrets do I'd like to hear it), then the carpet is gonna get destroyed.

If you've got time, and patience, I'd go with a ferret
I got nuthin

My wife and I have 5 carpet sharks (ferrets) and they don't smell as long as you change their litter box and take care of them. They're affectionate & hilarious and we wouldn't trade them for anything.

As for snake vs ferret... if you put 1 ferret in the same cage with 2 or 3 venemous snakes, welll, lets just say that I wouldn't bet on the snakes. ;)

Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Hi Dawg

Ferrets are neither rodents (rats) nor of the 'mongoose family' (whatever that is).

Ferret is a domesticated polecat and is therefore a member of the weasel family latin 'Mustela'.

I kept them as a kid for rabbiting - using purse nets - ferret goes in and rabbits come flying out of the other holes into purse nets.

They are cute and very intelligent and definitely have personality - I don't think snakes are strong on personality (except the one that told that woman to eat an apple - he was a bit of a lad!)

One thing though - piss 'em off and they can bite.

Best

RedKite

Don't just flat out buy either... contact a rescue group and get one.

I've never had a ferret, but have a ball python now, and took care of a Burmese python during college. They make great pets, low maintanance, fun to watch eat, nice personalities.

My snake was a rescue. She wound up in a friends backyard during some wildfires. I brought her home and fixed her burned little tail. :)
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

I couldn't make a decide if I can buy a ferret or a snake. I knew I won't buy both because snake can have chance to eat ferret, which it part of rat families. All I know a ferret is a playful. What's your choice if you plan or want to buy?

Ferret no competition there :-)
```````````````````````````````````
" Cant keep a good woman down "
Angels have wings, but devils can fly !

I'm probably decide to get a snake instead of ferret cos I don't have time for social with a ferret. I have work for almost less 10-12 hours a day in 5 days of week.

I hear that "White Lips Python" is a rare or what? Is it correct as for expensive?

I don't mind to have pet as spider but they usually get bored for me. :P

Flyin' Dawg or SkyDog

I've had both (at different times) the ferret is more fun and you can have the scent glands removed. If you want to stink up a house, let a nine foot burmese take it's once a month dump. That's why I sold mine, I didn'e want to take that odor into a new house.
I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried