bigway

Rugby world cup part 2

Hats off to america! Well done Samoa.

That was the most exceptional game of rugby and by far the best i have seen in this world cup.

So many of the USA team will be picked up europe club teams i am sure.

The funny thing is, how many americans are actually in the USA team?
Kiwi coach, kiwi players, aussie players and captain, samoan players and african players.

They played bloddy well though.

The poor number 8 that went off in a stretcher... At the end of the game they asked the coach how he was.. He said "well he can now feel his hands so things are looking good".
I hope he is alright.

What a brilliant rugby match that was, very exciting and very fast. I believe if there was 10 more minutes that the USA would have won. Unlucky leaving the world cup with only scoring 4 tries in total and not winning a single game though. However the great All Black Michael Jones (coach of samoa) says they are the fastest imporving team in the cup so maybe we should expect to see some good rugby to come in future years.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

i Have not slept in two days and it is now midnight here and i am trying so hard to stay awake to watch this game in another 4 hours.
The thing is if i go to slepp i will not wake up until sunday.

This is the best tonga has ever played in their entire rugby seasons. This game is going to be brilliant. Hope johnny does not get hurt as this is his second straight game in a row.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Well england looks to have it in the bag now.
I cant imagine how embarrasing it would have been if they had lost to one of the worst teams there is that is only together for something like 2-3 weeks maybe once a year.

Once the tongans were tired England showed some good ball skills and some ecellent running.

I dont think their next opponents (Australia) will let them have it as easy as they have had this second half.

I think the best thing that has come out of this world cup is that tonga will be giving some money towards their team for future world cups, this will mean that they may be able to start more of a club rugby scene in Tonga or have a team join the super 14 so they can train and play together more than once a year and tongan players can develop without having to play for other nations club teams.

I really enjoyed the first half and think their are going to be some very sore english players.

The one thing that disapointed me was the ref giving a penalty to England for the 'High' tackle when the englishman actually either bent down or slipped into the tackle.

New Zealand against Romania later on, Wales playing fiji this weekend as well.

Well done England, you managed to win what could have been the most humiliating loss of all times.
Im glad you are in the quater finals so your rugby players can go back to england without the media hassling them as much as they would have.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Finally, it feels like watching the real England again. Error count way down, some fluent and imaginative play, more than 1 or 2 phases linked together in a row and even some quick ball from the breakdown!:o

Of course it wouldn't be the first time over the last 4 years that England have put in a promising performance before crumbling again, but I am a lot more optimistic now than I was last week.

Do you want to have an ideagasm?

The funny thing is, how many americans are actually in the USA team?
Kiwi coach, kiwi players, aussie players and captain, samoan players and african players.

You understand our country is a melting pot right?

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

Wow!! Fiji are taking Wales apart right now! They are absolutely loving their running game out there. Would be very cool to have an island in the quarters if Fiji can keep this intensity up.

On another note, England just might have a chance against Australia. The wallabies have not impressed me at all yet this tournament, and did absolutely nothing special aganst Canada this morning. Granted, England have been worse, but I can still dream:P

Remember that was mainly australias second string team though. I cant blame a team for not playing their best when they dont have the competition to.

I think Australia will thrash England. I predict Australia to win by 26-35 points.

Was so happy watch fiji win that game. That was an awesome effort by them, I can imagine New Zealand and fiji will be having a huge party for that now back home (many, fijians in NZ.)

Real shame Nikky Little was injured, he scored most of the points that won the game. He will be sadly missed.

New ZSealand also played there second string team. I am really looking forward to seeing new zealand play the 'A' team and THRASH france.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I am really looking forward to seeing new zealand play the 'A' team and THRASH France.

We'll see. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. The kiwis have a great team, but so did they in pretty much every World Cup.
Should they face each other in the 1/4 finals (we'll know later today), I reckon NZ will take France VERY seriously.
Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it...

Edited to add the link...>:(

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Still hanging on to something from 8 years ago, even though we continue to beat you every year.

The all blacks take every game seriously.

If the All Blacks lose then they lose to a better team on the day and that does not bother me at all. We dont need the world cup to retain our position as the IRB number one team in the world.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

If the All Blacks lose then they lose to a better team on the day and that does not bother me at all. We dont need the world cup to retain our position as the IRB number one team in the world.

Although it would lend support to the accusation that the All Blacks are consistently the biggest set of chokers the sporting world has ever seen;) Seriously, it would be unforgiveable for the All Blacks not to win this world cup with the team that they have right now. They need to take that cup home.

We always choke or get out played when it comes to the world cup final. We know that, the world knows that.

I dont think this is the best team we have sent to the world cup. The world cup in south africa was the best team we have ever had.

I think we would have won that final if 11 of our players had not been food poisened the night before. People might say that is an excuse but they all know they were food poisoned as jeff wilson amongst other all blacks were throwing up during the match.

I think South Africa might take this world cup.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

to be honest, i have always thought that france would win this world cup, france or wales. So if france has to beat the all blacks in order to win the world cup then good on them. the french supporters have been the best supporters a world cup have ever seen. they were supporting all the teams that hardly had any of their own supporters at the game and this has made an excellent world cup. never before have pool gams had such big crowds when the worst off nations are playing... and i really admire the french for putting on such a great cup.

i personally would prefer the all blacks to take the cup back when it it in new zealand in 4 years. it would be fitting seeing we won it in new zealand in 1987. i cant wait for the world cup in 4 years and guarantee i will be at every game played in auckland. i live to see the world cup being held in new zealand.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

If France meet NZ in the quarters they will have the advantage of actually having had tough matches, rather than just the almost training ground run outs that NZ have had. Still I would be amazed if NZ lost. I just hope NZ and SA do meet in this tournament. That match would be awesome.

I dont think New Zealand has played their number one team in this tournament yet. Dont forget we just had the tri nations a couple of months ago and the super 14. Our teams ready for it.
The only time france has impressed me was the game just played but then again they were playing georgia.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I dont think New Zealand has played their number one team in this tournament yet. Dont forget we just had the tri nations a couple of months ago and the super 14. Our teams ready for it.
The only time france has impressed me was the game just played but then again they were playing georgia.

Well, there it is. France-NZ in the 1/4!:)Being French, that's the game we want the most, ahead of a France-England. After the French team, French fans will cheer the kiwis any game. So it's special, and this match up is what the French team was built around (although hoping it would be in the final).
Props to Argentina as well. The "small" teams are not small anymore...

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

I hope you are not suggesting Argentina is a small team.

I have grown up watching the argentina team play and they are one of the greatest teams in the world in my opinion. I have and always will put them ahead of the England team.
They had Alex Wiley, the coach who won the first world cup... he was coaching argentina throughout the 90s and you would see all of new zealand awake at 2am-5am to watch the all blacks play argentina.
Again, Samoa has always been a great team as well. The only teams i would say are small teams would be namibia, georgia, USA and to be honest maybe Ireland. They have never really possed a threat for a southern hemisphere team.

I look forward to the France and NZ game, however I am nervous we will lose to the french as i always wanted the french to win the world cup this year as they are the only team apart from wales who deserve to be a holder of the world cup and has not been yet.

I cant wait to watch SA play the USA in a few hours.

I would rather watch New Zealand play Scotland in the quater final, not because it would be easier but because i would like to see the All Blacks take Scotland out of the cup just because Scotland played their second string team against the all blacks... And for that i believe they do not deserve to win the world cup because they did not even try to beat the worlds number one team. Instead they focused on the following week match. Tactics, sure but if you get a chance to play the kiwis you should try to beat them as you dont deserve the cup unless you can beat them.

I seriously think France will take the cup this year and if they beat the kiwis they better win the final.

I dont SA is playing well to be honest but we will see their structure when they play the USA.

Everyone might notice that the All blacks have not been showing their new tactics and are not talking about them. i am sure they have some sort of suprise plays they have been saving, this would explain why the NZ coach does not give anything away to the media at the before or post match interviews.

Just a shame everything is another week away.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I have grown up watching the argentina team play and they are one of the greatest teams in the world in my opinion. I have and always will put them ahead of the England team.

Only this year/ last year have Argentina got to the point where they're better than England (and most of that is because England are crap right now). Question is, will the tri-nations finally let Argentina join the party?

Anyway, Brian Habana just got absolutely done for sheer pace by the US #14. There's a new quickest man in world rugby;)

I hope you are not suggesting Argentina is a small team.

What I meant is that not too long ago, there were the Tri-nations and (then) 5 nations tournaments teams, then there was the rest of the world. Argentina has emerged over the past 20 years or so, and can now claim to be a top team. Italy still has some work to do, but is certainly progressing nicely over the years. Samoa, Fiji, Tonga, etc... Albeit sometimes exciting, these teams used to be the punching bags of the world's top 8 teams. That is changing, and I think it is for the better.

to be honest, i have always thought that france would win this world cup, france or wales

Shows how good your predictions are!!! :D:D Poor old wales, there will be some faces to match the jerseys back home.

Have to say - fair play to the USA, for a pretty much non--rugby nation they did really well and had some real flair.

Funny you saying how many of the USA players are really American considering NZ pinches all of Samoa and Tonga's best players!!!!

As for England, i think we are going to get our asses handed to us by the Wallabies. They upped their game against Tonga but its a whole different kettle of fish. If by some miraculous change of form they win then all bets are off and anything can happen.

All said and done though, so far it has been a great competition, none of the main sides have been tremendously dominant from start to finish, some of the minnows have produced some serious upsets and the quarters look like being fantastic match ups.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Funny you saying how many of the USA players are really American considering NZ pinches all of Samoa and Tonga's best players!!!!

You see this is what all the english say but it is not true at all.

All the All Blacks have either been born in New Zealand or have grown up in New Zealand. To say we pinch samoa and tongas players is ignorant and just jumping on the band wagon. there may be one or two players over the years that have not grown up in New Zealand. I would like you to name me a player that we have pinched from tonga or samoa.

That is like saying any black man who plays for England has been pinched from Africa because his parents were not born in England.

I went to School with Jonah Lomu so he is a true kiwi even though he has tongan heritage.
Joe Rokokoa went to school with my cousin so he is a kiwi.
Who is it you think we pinched from tonga or samoa. Funny how england people think this and say this when they are wrong.

As for Argentina, They have always been good. BAck in the 90s they were a great team and they have always had a very strong pack.
As for argentina joining the tri nations... That will never happen.

Tonga and samoa have always been good as individual players as well. They will never be great as single teams though because the players all play their club rugby in other countries and never get to go back to the islands to train as a team.

Dont forget it is every tongan and samoans dream to become an all black.

There is also something like 12 people born in New Zealand who play for samoa.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Have to say - fair play to the USA, for a pretty much non--rugby nation they did really well and had some real flair.

Agreed. They bettered any expectations I had for them. A try against the springboks in each half is a lot better than England did. I hope to see this momentum grow!

t
It's the year of the Pig.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4199356a2201.html
http://www.stuff.co.nz/westcoast/4206217a6662.html

Every single world cup we here the same crap from english supporters. What suprises me this time is hearing an emglishman who spends time in New Zealand also saying this crap. Stumpy, if anyone, you shold know New Zealand is full of samoans and tongans, I cant believe you have now said this crap.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

They played well. That australian that plays his rugby in england and represents the US (number 10)... he is going to be a superstar soon, though I think he will return and play for australia very soon.
He use to play schoolboy rugby for australia.

I personally think the USA have a great Flanker.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Agreed. They bettered any expectations I had for them. A try against the springboks in each half is a lot better than England did. I hope to see this momentum grow!

We can only hope. It was a spectacular match. USA really proved they are trying to bring their program forward.

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....