RkyMtnHigh

Why Facebook?

Originally Facebook was all I had. Then when Facebook made some changes I didn't like, someone finally convinced me to set up a My Space and I found it easier to manage, find people etc. so I switched over to that. My Facebook is still around, but just unused.

Facebook users: is it worth revisiting Facebook again? Has it gotten easier to use? I probably haven't used it in over a year I'm guessing. I'm sure a lot has changed.
~skysprite

Facebook came first actually. (unless i'm horribly wrong, that in which i will take full "You are a loser"-ery comments.
...it's not the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone...it's the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until someone appreciates it for you!

I find Facebook extremely easy to use, in fact i no longer visit myspace much at all anymore, and the thing i love about FB is that there is much less spam and all of the people i am friends on there i actually know.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Isn't Facebook like MySpace? Why have another one of those?

Face book I found lees spam, less malicious code (my space allows HTML and other code to be put in to profiles and it can cause your machine to become compromised. problem with virus’s and QuickTime exploits)

My space was first but was never indented as a general social space it was geared towards bands to showcase them selves that has changed a bit since the inception. Face book was geared a Friends meeting place.
SO this one time at band camp.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most."

They each have privacy settings.

Learn to use them and creeps can't get you.

Unless the creeps own the site. I think that they're all CIA type nets to gather information on people.:)

Now where did I put my timfoil hat?;)

t
It's the year of the Pig.

I first heard of both around the same time. I suspect it was just by chance that the momentum built around MySpace. Once MySpace became a mainstream, it was no longer trendy, so the "cool people" had to find someplace else to be cool. Now that FaceBook is becoming the place-to-be, you can be sure the "cool people" are now looking for yet another place to migrate. Or as Yogi Berra once commented about a restaurant:

"Nobody goes there any more, it's too crowded!"

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.