Twoply

Sirius or XM RAdio?

I have XM and am pretty happy with it.
I got it for free for the first 3 months of my lease and wasn't sure about keeping it. I called them up to cancel and they kept asking me what it would take to stay with them.
I believe it's normally is $14.95 a month, I told them I thought it was to much and they asked what i was willing to pay. I told them $5.00 a month and she made it happen. I just had to prepay 2 years of service.
If I were you I would try to bargain with them after you get it.

yeah I read in USAToday about a month or so ago that they were going to merge! It is probably me, but I have yet to pay for cable/dish etc etc I SIRIUSLY dont see myself paying for radio either! With the exception of buying fuel to run my car and or a battery! TOO many other things in my life need that money first! re; jumpTIX, tequila, collage for the kids, our ever increasing home water and heating costs...you the know the real expenses in life!! : DD

I am an avid O and A fan...I listen to them every day on the way into work. Infact my girl friend had Sirius and changed to XM becuase she thought the Music stations were better. I think to some degree they are pretty similar, XM has slightly better technology, as far as their portable players (I think, atleast they did the last time I was looking at them). If you are an O and A fan then I would go with XM that way atleast you know for sure that you will be able to listen to them.
Yeah...You need to grow up. -Skymama

Pick the one that has the programming lineup you prefer. My co-workers prefer the sports coverage XM offers.
On the technical end, XM has ground signal repeaters, Sirius does not. I have had Sirius systems go "No Signal" on days with very dense cloud layer. I have never had this occur with XM.

I have XM in my big truck and had Sirius in my Jeep.

I'm a huge Opie and Anthony Fan, and a huge Ron and Fez Fan. Never been much on Stern.

Siruis has some great music channels, But XM's content is far better. XM has MLB, NHL, and college sports. Sirius has NFL and Nascar.

In my opinion XM's technology is better than Sirius. Sirius in my Jeep had Signal issues while i never have had a problem with XM. I do think XM is still slightly cheaper than sirius, but i pay for it yearly.

There's no truer sense of flying than sky diving," Scott Cowan

I have Sirius and have been happy with it. I have never had any issues with it, hell I even have it on my computer so I can listen to sat radio wherever there is an internet connection(I'm listening to it right now). XM and Sirius are somewhat similar so its probably best to go to the store (best buy/circuit city) and compare the programming on the sheets they have and listen/use the 2 different systems to find which one suits your taste.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I have sirius and love that too...

I think the bottom line is that you can be happy with either service. Both are leaps and bounds better than radio.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka