tfasbend

Skydiving gear in Amsterdam

Is there any place in Amsterdam, Holland, where I can buy skydiving gear (misc: altimeter, helmet ...). Amsterdam is the only town in Europe I will be visiting over the next months, and in Russia the stuff is rare, rare, are.

Rgds, Thomas, Moscow
Sancta Maria spes nostra sedes sapientiæ ora pro nobis

Rare?
Tell me what you want, I'll tell you who to call. (Then you'll meet in a dark alley in the wee hour of the night and exchange sealed packages, constantly looking back—that's part of any good deal:D)

The only "rare" skydiving paraphernalia in Russia are specific-to-manufacturer skydiving parts like reserve pilot chutes and freebags.

Don't know about Amsterdam but Texel is only a short ferry ride, They have quite a good gear shop there, Not really canopy or containers but aliti,s knives, helmets and that kind of thing.
Mind you I haven't been there for 2 years or more.
"If you don't like it then fuck off" BASE 621

There's a nice shop at DZ Teuge http://www.para-teuge.nl (close to Apeldoorn, 60 min. from Amsterdam)
Shop:http://www.parachutecase.nl/

Edit: I've got a almost brand new FT-50 altimeter for sale and live in The Hague. (30 min. from Amsterdam) PM me if you want.

Actually there are 2 shops @ Teuge, don't forget Eric:
www.skydivesupplies.nl

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Reply to Katzurki: most things are available in Moscow, right, but then you have to drive from Kolomna to Stupino for one piece and then to Selenograd for the next, and then you find out they ran out of it ... and then on to Dmitrovsk ...

I am living 14 years in the country and I still find it's easier to drive to a well-stocked shop in the West.

Eh, YMMV I guess. I usually just give my rigger, who is affiliated with this company, a call and he brings everything I need right to the DZ, no hassle whatsoever. Atmogear / Paraavis have a lot of essentials in stock, and they are situated within Moscow. Stupino has a nice little gear shop, though admittedly with some of the most outrageous prices I've ever seen. Having never been to Kolomna, I'd still venture a guess it's not exactly short on gear stockage if you ask the right people.

Hey, congratulations on finishing AFF, too! ;)

I also found parashop.ru and ordered with them. Thanks for all the good advise anyway! I talked to the Stupino shop owner over the phone and their prices are not lower than in Moscow, and here it includes delivery. The stocks in Kolomna are dismal, don't understand why, they miss a good business opportunity. Otherwise it's a great DZ and a place one likes very much to be.

Regards, Thomas

P.S.: katzurki - what's YMMV?