shermanator

Drain Help!

my bathroom sink has been clogged, so i went to the store and got some drain cleaner.. the one I got, i thought would be sure to clear it.. Virgin Sulferic Acid. .. NOPE, and now, my entire house smells horrible, with a brown mix in my sink of water/acid. ugh, what do i do???
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

my bathroom sink has been clogged, so i went to the store and got some drain cleaner.. the one I got, i thought would be sure to clear it.. Virgin Sulferic Acid. .. NOPE, and now, my entire house smells horrible, with a brown mix in my sink of water/acid. ugh, what do i do???

Call someone with that electric snake thingie. Fun to watch :D
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Get a hunk of heavy wire and fray the end, stuff it down the sink as far as it can go and twist it if yhou can, pulle it out and hopefully you will get something that looks like a dead mouse.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Lord, let me be the person my dog thinks I am.

Get a hunk of heavy wire and fray the end, stuff it down the sink as far as it can go and twist it if yhou can, pulle it out and hopefully you will get something that looks like a dead mouse.

Pair of channel locks (pliers). Take the P-trap loose under the sink. Prolly where the clog is. Be careful w/ all the bullcrap that you put in that is gonna come out. Have bucket ready. Very simple actually;)
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Pair of channel locks (pliers). Take the P-trap loose under the sink. Prolly where the clog is. Be careful w/ all the bullcrap that you put in that is gonna come out. Have bucket ready. Very simple actually

Yes it is simple. Even i clean my own drain trap.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

damn, i made things worse... *before reading this* i took the p trap off, drained it, all that fun stuff.. no clog in there.. it is past there.. bummer. but, i really f-ed up with the clog remover.. it ate the silver laquer off the drain :( oh i think I'm a dead man for that one. .. then to top it off , I accidently broke the piece that stops the drainage, to allow for filling the sink.. so now, the sink will drain, but all over the dang cupboard.. ohhh i'm a dead man.. any of you music guys wanna play taps at my funeral?
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

Virgin Sulferic Acid. .. NOPE,

Most drain cleaners are alkaline, such as lye (sodium hydroxide), to attack the hair and grease causing most clogs. Never heard of using acid, sulfuric or otherwise, to clear a drain. Mechanical means, such as a coathanger or removing the P trap, work best.

I'm the chief drain unclogger in our house.[:/]

yeah, well acid is wht the bottle says it is. and when i poured it in and it started reaction.. yeah, i think it is acid. lol. oooops.

Snake time. OR. I fixed one at my uncles house one time this way. Gardenhose in pipe. Seal VERY WELL w/ duct tape. Hose full blast. Make sure you have someone to turn the hose off quick. Home Depot rents snakes pretty cheap. Good luck. LOL
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

I fixed one at my uncles house one time this way. Gardenhose in pipe. Seal VERY WELL w/ duct tape. Hose full blast. Make sure you have someone to turn the hose off quick

There is a product that attaches to a garden hose that is a rubber balloon-like device that expands to seal the drain pipe while shooting a very powerful stream of water through the pipe. When every method ever known to man failed, this thing works like a charm. Of course you have to remove the trap and shove it in the drain pipe downstream of it.

damn, i made things worse... *before reading this* i took the p trap off, drained it, all that fun stuff.. no clog in there.. it is past there.. bummer. but, i really f-ed up with the clog remover.. it ate the silver laquer off the drain :( oh i think I'm a dead man for that one. .. then to top it off , I accidently broke the piece that stops the drainage, to allow for filling the sink.. so now, the sink will drain, but all over the dang cupboard.. ohhh i'm a dead man.. any of you music guys wanna play taps at my funeral?

And that is why plumbers are always on call! Too many things can go wrong when a homeowner tries to do it themselves. I know, I speak from experience... :$
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Once upon a time, a girlfriend complained to me about a similar problem, except it was in the bathtub, not the sink. I bought some drain cleaner (sodium hydroxide based, not acidic), only to have her tell me that it didn't work and that the drain was now completely clogged. I walked into the bathroom and verified that the water she'd used to clean the tub (now mixed with drain cleaner) was just sitting in the tub.

Cleaning my hands afterward took longer than pulling the drain plug. :D:D:D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Once upon a time, a girlfriend complained to me about a similar problem, except it was in the bathtub, not the sink. I bought some drain cleaner (sodium hydroxide based, not acidic), only to have her tell me that it didn't work and that the drain was now completely clogged. I walked into the bathroom and verified that the water she'd used to clean the tub (now mixed with drain cleaner) was just sitting in the tub.

Blues,
Dave

Awwww! You dug up a 6 month old thread just to humiliate me! You're so sweet baby! :|

:P:P:P
Why can't pirates and cowboys co-exist in perfect harmony?

Blues,
Dave

Awwww! You dug up a 6 month old thread just to humiliate me! You're so sweet baby! :|

Ha ha! I take it you didn't notice that I anonymized the details? How were they supposed to know that "once upon a time" meant two days ago? :D:D:D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Ha ha! I take it you didn't notice that I anonymized the details? How were they supposed to know that "once upon a time" meant two days ago? :D:D:D

Blues,
Dave

My ribs hurt now!

Of course they did before I read this;) - but they REALLY hurt now.:DOw.[:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Many long years ago, before I finally gave up on any hope that Streaker was plumbingly gifted, and learned to do it myself, we had a toilet clog that had been recurring and finally on a SUNDAY< A NEW YEARS DAY< SUNDAY, Streaker decided to take matters into his own hands, and use a HAMMER on the pipes. I really can't tell you how much I don't recommend this. Well, if you hit a pipe in frustration long enough, it will burst. I was in the basement doing laundry, since the kids and I all had the flu and everything in the house was dirty, when all of the sudden, from THREE FLOORS UP, the water started coursing down the walls and all over my head.
Good thing I knew where the main shut off valve was located, but I got a really sick feeling when the plumber we called walked into the house and started commenting on my grandmothers antique dining room set.
Plumber, Sunday, New Years day.
We now have a rule, all plumbing projects are started very early on Saturday, when the hardware store will be open late, and they will be started by ME.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]