Amazon

Cessna Caravan crashed in the Cascades-Skydivers on board

The grief is too big, too overwhelming, uncomprehensible. I have been in the heart of the grieving friends and family of our friends for three days now. It is unlike any loss I have experienced. Please reach out to help those you know who are still here. We all need help. None of us are really able to function very well. Everyone's grief process is different. Please reach out to those you know...

My heart goes out to everyone, friends, family and the entire skydiving family. Here in Norfolk the coverage has been sparse but I'm sure all here and in the surrounding area are deeply saddened. I know all those lost have families, and many have kids, can we do something as a collective, set up a donation sight here on the DZ for the families and significant others. I haven't a clue how to get this started but I'll help and it's the right thing to do. Anyone? Peace and blue skies forever, Michael Minor
Party like it's $19.99

The Seattle Times has an okay writeup on everybody on board:
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003938203_planevictims10m.html
I know it's not comprehensive, but I wish the media would pick up on this more. People deserve to know about them, even if it's not exactly how we remember them. Personally I choose to remember them in the best light possible, smiles on their faces, laughing at each other after an "unsuccessful" 2-way, running to the plane barefoot because they didn't want to miss the load and couldn't find their shoes, joking with each other when barbecuing after the last load came down. My only regret will be that I didn't get to jump more times with them than I did, but they will jump with me every time I go from now on.

Blue skies, everybody.
"We'll start the ass kissing with you"

Found this on exact location.

The plane crashed just east of the crest of the Cascades, about five miles south of White Pass and on the edge of the Goat Rocks Wilderness, said Wayne Frudd of Yakima County Search and Rescue. The crash site is about 25 miles southeast of Mount Rainier.

Still hoping.....
April

Thanks.

From that and from the TFR also on the FAA's website... http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_7_9470.html

------

FDC 7/9470 ZSE WA.. FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS WHITE PASS. EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. PURSUANT TO14 CFR SECTION 91.137(A)(2) TEMPORARY FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS AREIN EFFECT WITHIN A 5 NAUTICAL MILE RADIUS OF 463732N/1212147W OR THE YAKIMA /YKM/ VORTAC 254.0 DEGREE RADIAL AT 38.1 NAUTICAL MILES AT AND BELOW 10000 FEET MSL TO PROVIDE A SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR SEARCH AND RESCUE. WASHINGTON STATE EMERGENCY SERVICES, TELEPHONE 206-949-1022 OR FREQ 123.1, IS IN CHARGE OF THE OPERATION.SEATTLE /ZSE/ ARTCC, TELEPHONE 253-351-3520, IS THE FAA COORDINATIONFACILITY.

-----

If the TFR is rougly centered on the crash site... then this is the type of terrain we're talking about here...

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&formtype=latlong&latlongtype=degrees&latdeg=46&latmin=37&latsec=32&longdeg=-121&longmin=21&longsec=47

... click on the "Aerial Image" & zoom in / out.

Maybe some of y'all "Google Earth" smart folks can add something better.
:|

Didn't see if anyone had done it yet or not but here are the coordinates according to the TFR in Google Earth [:/]

Lots of love to all involved from Florida.
Blue SkiesBlack DeathFacebook
www.PLabsInc.com
www.SkydiveDeLand.com
www.FlyteSkool.ws

The grief is too big, too overwhelming, uncomprehensible. I have been in the heart of the grieving friends and family of our friends for three days now. It is unlike any loss I have experienced.

Hopelessly helpful from here.... At this moment I can only offer my heartfelt prayers from here... I would inspirationly do whatever I could to help those in these times of sorrow. But what can I do? Basically nothing from here, so many miles away from the loved ones that remain with their greif stricken souls that desparetly need comfort... BE STRONG you family members and close friends of OUR departed brothers and sisters.. BE STRONG... I so wish that I could be there with and for you.. Each and everyone of you so much. I pray for you all every minute of my day that you are being comforted by our our creator during these hours... God I am so full of sorrow for our family that is so hurting right now...

Thank you for taking the time to post this. Although I've jumped many times in Snohomish, I haven't been there in the past few years and never had the chance to meet these beautiful people.

Now, taking the time to read their myspace pages, and their posts here on dz.com, in amongst the tears, I feel like they've become new friends.

Fly free, young skydivers, and swoop our boogies with your angel wings and laughing smiles, okay?

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

A terrible loss to our family. I never knew any of these people, but their passing saddens every one of us.
God bless them and be with their families and friends.
Celebrate their lives.

I already posted on a different thread in a different forum but I just wanted to respond to this post. A little over a year ago, we lost N203 Echo with 6 of our friends including our DZO. We had two survivors which were miracles in themselves but we are all still dealing with the loss here.

Reading all these posts sort of brings me back in time to the memories of what we did after N203 Echo went down. We all expressed ourselves and honored our friends in different ways. Some of it was ceremonial and group oriented and some of it was personal and private.

And again, I remember wanting to be with my friends, family and especially my skydiving family. I wanted to go home and see my little girl. It is a terrible time for all involved. Things like this really make you step back and realize what is important in life.

Please reach out and seek the comfort you need within yourselves, each other and professionals too. Many of us sought outside help from professionals and don't ever think there is ever anything wrong with that; especially after a traumatic event such as this. Don't feel like anything that you feel is wrong. The human brain and emotions have ways of allowing us to cope and it can be different from person to person.

And, if anyone ever wants to talk feel free to PM me anytime.
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

I agree with you about reaching out. I the last two years I lost my father, My grandfather(he past the opening day of Dublin '06) and my two friends at Dublin this year. Not to mention the others that I have known that have been killed this last year or so. The grief and loss have been almost unbearable at times.

If any good has come from my experience it is that I have taken a step back and looked at what is really important to me. My wife, my family and my true friends and I have been spending more time working on those relationships.

If i had anything to say to the people that are envolved in this tragedy it would be "Don't get caught up in the grief". It is natural to be sad and to mourn but life is too short to let the grief take over. Do what ever you have to do to get past this and get on with your life.

If i had anything to say to the people that are envolved in this tragedy it would be "Don't get caught up in the grief". It is natural to be sad and to mourn but life is too short to let the grief take over. Do what ever you have to do to get past this and get on with your life.

Someone else said it very well back on page #10 of this thread:

"Celebrate the lives lived and cherish the memories" - drunkonlife

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Reading all these posts sort of brings me back in time to the memories of what we did after N203 Echo went down. We all expressed ourselves and honored our friends in different ways. Some of it was ceremonial and group oriented and some of it was personal and private.

And again, I remember wanting to be with my friends, family and especially my skydiving family. I wanted to go home and see my little girl. It is a terrible time for all involved. Things like this really make you step back and realize what is important in life.

Please reach out and seek the comfort you need within yourselves, each other and professionals too. Many of us sought outside help from professionals and don't ever think there is ever anything wrong with that; especially after a traumatic event such as this. Don't feel like anything that you feel is wrong. The human brain and emotions have ways of allowing us to cope and it can be different from person to person.

And, if anyone ever wants to talk feel free to PM me anytime.

I feel the same way about our loss from earlier this summer, and to add... Phil. Counsel helps. Keep the love for our family of skydivers.

lena
Once you visit Skydive Lost Prairie
Your heart will never leave.

Boogie with us... www.skydivelostprairie.com

So here we all are
Together once again,
To mourn the loss
Of another great friend

From the first jump we make
We accept the risk
We understand the dangers
We are read the list