Amazon

Cessna Caravan crashed in the Cascades-Skydivers on board

At a loss for words....

((((HUGE HUG))))) to you and the SKYJumper Community out there in the NW.

As a native of the NW, let me know if I can do anything.
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Do I understand correctly that as of 7:45 am EST that there were only 7 people found? That means that 3 are still out there and their condition is unknown. If this is so we should all pray for them to be found quickly.

I like how you think, I'm with you.

I got the feeling they weren't sure how many people were on the plane (initial reports said 8-10) ... so I'm hoping there were only 7 and no one is left out there.

Sad day... :(
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

I'm really sorry and sad about what happened.
as I was reading all the news, I saw that they still haven't found the other 3 people...I will keep my hopes up. as usual!
peace for all friends and families.
http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org
PMS#551
I love my life :)

Leave it to the media to report "10 skydivers on board, 7 bodies found, all feared dead."

Heellloooooo. Would anyone here ever consider jumping from a perfectly *good* airplane?

You'd figure that even the media might sort out the notion that the missing skydivers might have jumped.

JAKAL

Does anyone know if there was a flight plan on file and are they sure of the number of people on board?

In all the conversations I've been a part of, the number on board (10) has not been in question - among the Northwest skydiving community there's been a very careful accounting of missing persons in the time since the plane was scheduled to take off. I suppose there's a remote possibility that one of those expected to be on the plane didn't board in Idaho, but I don't think anyone's really considering that, as much as anyone wishes that was a possibility.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I don't think they where geared up, It sounds like they were just traveling in the plane.

You never know, and we can still hope. Even though they haven't found the tail section yet. Maybe 3 people made it out. I rode a Caravan between 2 DZ's for a boogie once and all 5 of us on the plane wore our rigs the whole time. Just in case. It's weird & uncomfortable to be on a jump plane with no rig on. This is just speculation, of course. But if it was me, I'd have been wearing my rig, especially if the weather was questionable.

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

Still can't believe this is really happening... ...I grieve SO much for everyone's family and friends. I'm going up to the DZ later today, cuz I just need to be there - I've only been doing this for 6 months and I already feel like everybody is family... ...God grant them all peace.
"We'll start the ass kissing with you"

I would like to thank all the folks that searched and then found our brothers and sisters,then spent the night with them It is a comfort to know at least the victoms did not have to be exposed to the elements.

again than lets not give up hope till all are found

59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com

Still can't believe this is really happening... ...I grieve SO much for everyone's family and friends. I'm going up to the DZ later today, cuz I just need to be there - I've only been doing this for 6 months and I already feel like everybody is family... ...God grant them all peace.

yes ,it's really sad.
it really doesn't matter how long you've been doing this... but the respect and consideration that you have for those who love the same thing you do...to skydive.
even not knowing everybody, we're all a big family.
like someone said in one of the interviews, we speak a different language that not everybody does.
my prayers for all families and friends.
blue skies.
http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org
PMS#551
I love my life :)