Amazon

Cessna Caravan crashed in the Cascades-Skydivers on board

Dave,
Keep me and doc posted. We will be there if we can - just call and let us know what is needed.
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

I've been trying to contact the dz, but as understandably expected, no one is answering. It's weird that the info provided by the hunter who "heard the plane crash" and the radar info, that they haven't been able to find anything yet.

No shit Scott!...I'm breathing a sigh of relief for every person I see check in...geeeez...[:/]

Regardless, this is a huge loss of our loved ones...I pray that they are all found regardless in a tree or ground/injured, whatever...we need to find our loved ones...

the tree canopy in that area can be thick enough to easily hide a plane crash from aerial view. the area is also very rugged and you can't see very far on the ground. you could walk very close to a wreckage and not even see it. these are the best pics i can find of the area they plan went down. it is about 46 miles fro where the pic was taken to the top of mt rainier in the distance. between the two there are numerous logging roads, but only one paved highway that i'm aware of. one report said that the plane did a 360 turn before going down. i can only hope that it was a go around to let everybody out. however unlikely, that is what i am choosing to believe until i hear somethng different. having slept in my parachute before, i know that zp can keep you warm. it is also hunting season, so there are lots of people wandering around in the woods right now.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

Thanks Scott. Ya, I got quite a few calls today since it is my home dz, so I appreciate it! I'll keep my energy positive in the meantime.

Here's hoping everyone had an impromptu camping trip with canopies for sleeping bags and a quick rescue whilst the rest of us have our fingers crossed.

Its rough country up there and it is already winter. Mt Baker Ski area got a couple ft of snow just north of me over the weekend. They are just east of the Goat Rocks Wilderness and south of White Pass...I have climbed and back packed up there for years...it is very remote.. and very rugged.. but it is hunting season so there are others out in the area. In the valleys its very thickly timbered with very large trees... at high elevations there are some open spots with alpine meadows.. but down in the valleys... its very thick.

From Skydive to Toleo, our dz prays for the safe return of them all. We wait and wonder and hope for the best. Us jumpers are some of the toughest people around and where there is a will there is a way. All are in our hearts and prayers, we want them all home safe and jumping with us again.[:/]

It's breaking...they haven't linked it to the main story yet.

Plane wreck found - It has been reported that the wreckage of a plane has been found near White Pass. Searchers are still looking for survivors.

http://www.nwcn.com/topstories/stories/NW_100807WAB_missing_plane_SW.14e67c6fe.html
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

BLiNC Magazine Team Member