Blue Angels low pass w/condensation

I did think that it was possible for the camera to follow the plane and snap and that could possibly cause the out of focus in the background. I'm just no that good of a picture taker, yet;)

I think you mean "didn't" but it is possible with a good camera. this types of shots happen alot with sports etc.
My photos

My Videos

The way i read spikes initial problem was that there should be a disturbance in the water below the plane when it is flying that low. He was not doubting the wator vapor being real, or that what is happening in the picture could not take place, water vapor wise.

He was looking for proof that the plane actually was in the bay when that happened.

I still don't get how the plane is in focus but nothing else, but I still don't really know how a friggen digital camera works.:|

Thank you....that's all I was trying to say. I wasn't trying to start anything. And I have no problem stepping back to apologize...however, I ended the conversation and she continued to make comments even after I was done.

I was merely defending what my original post was SUPPOSED to say, which is exactly what simplyputsi captured....

As I said, I do apologize, but at the same time, her initial tone in the first post of "just because you say its that way, then it must be" didn't sit well with me, so I defended myself and if I'm wrong for that fine....

I believed Bikerbabe because she wasn't obnoxious about seeing it and saying that I was wrong, which I appreciated. But what it came down to was that I didn't believe it was real because of lack of disturbance and then Chelle jumped off at me about all this other stuff. I even admitted that her picture was real. Props to her for standing her ground but don't expect me to kiss anyones ass (not saying anyone said that) and back down from something I believe. I will fight until I'm wrong and expect anyone else to do the same, but when it starts to get to the point when snide comments are being made, thats different.

Jtval, i respect you and will take to heart what you said.

If anyone else does have a problem or an issue concerning what I said, PM me as I really don't care for discussion (open or not) about me when I'm not here to defend. (i'm here now but not on a computer 24/7).

This picture is real. There. Does that make everyone else feel better? Chelle I'm sorry, I never was trying to say it wasn't real, so I'm not sure where all the confusion came from. It seems as if simply is one of the few people (that I know of) who got what I was trying to say.

Jewels, you're a sweetheart and thats why I love you...thank you

And you're damn right I have an ego. I went to the University of Michigan, we're known for being cocky and I'm damn proud of it :P
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

. . . because she wasn't obnoxious about seeing it and saying that I was wrong,

What do you expect from a Yankee?:|

:P
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I'm not interested in arguing with you anymore, but I feel the need to point a few things out here.

I ended the conversation and she continued to make comments even after I was done.

You mean by posting "shut the fuck up"? And you expect me not to say anything?

As I said, I do apologize, but at the same time, her initial tone in the first post of "just because you say its that way, then it must be" didn't sit well with me, so I defended myself and if I'm wrong for that fine....

My tone got that way when you insisted you were right, you have a degree, and that is the end of it. When in fact, you were wrong, so yes, I said something.

That's all I have to say (for now :P )

I'm glad you have strong opinions, as do I.

Truce?

The highest delta pressure follows that cone out and back, so there probably is water disturbance, but it's just hidden by that boat.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

So glad this all ended happily, and that we got to the bottom of the picture's authenticity.

Thanx for making it a clicky. That video is so freakin cool; I think I watched it about 10 times. It was so much easier to just keep clicking on the clicky than copying and pasting 10 times.;)

Have a great weekend all.

" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Have a great weekend all.

Hey just where do you think you are going!!????>:(

what if I said that video is fake!!! Fake i say Fake!!!:P

As fast as this clip is and all - it would be easy to fake. A simple PS in every frame - because every frame isn't used. the simple answer is that the C-182 went by so fast the oil coming out of it's exhaust caused the cloud and that was so unbelievavle that the photographer interlaced a jet into the clip for a more believable product.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Don't you dare talk to me like that!

:D:D

No prob. the clickys are easy.
just click the URL button before and after you post the link.

shouldn't you be in Mesquite.... quit posting and go jump. ps.. no i won't be there, so you're welcome for all the extra beer there will be!;)

So here's why the AN-2 in the pic from KID_ICARUS looks a little squished (attached). The faster an object is moving relative to an observer, the shorter it appears to that observer (Einstein's Theory of Special Relativity). At light speed it's length will appear to be zero. The apparent contraction is calculated using the attached equation.

AN-2 length= 12.4 meters
AN-2 Speed= 85 mph= 38 m/sec
Speed of light= 3x10^8 m/sec

Had to download a 5000 digit (inernal) calculator to do this for some strange reason;)

So the real length is 12.4 meters, but due to the speed of the plane it will appear to the stationary observer to be only

12.39999999999990079999999999960319999999999682559999999996825599999999964446719999999573360
63999999463653375999993027493887999907033251839998735652225 Meters long.

Shorter by about the length of 2000 Helium atoms lined up side-by-side. Guess that explains that.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

I was Navy for 5 years, the Blues did an airshow at my base every year (that's 15 shows, also about 20 rehearsals). I was fortunate to have worked rather closely with them...if they were in the air, I was there! The vapor cloud in question is common and a result of the g-forces, not speed. It's most often seen during during their rehearsals, since the restrictions are a bit lighter than during the shows. These guys routinely swooped between the hangars, to within a few feet of the runway and then pulled a hard vertical. The vapor cloud appeared at the instant of transition and dissipated, when they let-off the stick. If the sun's out, there's usually a rainbow around the plane.

As for the water disturbance....depending on the speed, there's a burble behind the plane and the "blast" may not have gotten to the water, before the pic was taken. The Blues do a "tailwalk" with the 18. In rehearsals, I've seen them as low as 50 ft. from the deck and there was really no visible "blast" behind the plane. With the twins, the 18 disperses the thrust over a fairly wide area. Also...I can't swear to it being fact but I recall talk about "vectored exhaust nozzles", being retrofitted to the newer 18s. If that's been done, it would make a difference here too.

BTW...the vapor cloud explanation came from Cdr. Moneymaker, the then outgoing C.O. and flight leader. I'd seen it during a rehearsal and asked him about it.
"T'was ever thus."