fallingfaster

Folding Prior To Bagging

Hi,

I've been enjoying packing for a while now (Safire 169), have my times down to 10 minutes, for a nice, neat packjob. I tend to worry about things when packing, so I make sure everything is to my liking. One of my concerns is dragging a line over the nose while stuffing material (or folding it) under the cocooned canopy on the ground. So for the past few jumps I've set the cocooned canopy down, laid on it to remove the air and folded the left and right sides of the cocoon over the top, lay on it again and then fold it up and into the bag. It's pretty much the Wolmari pack job as I understand it.

My question is, are there any possible problems with doing this? I've jumped it and it gives great, on heading openings, and when I open up the packjob without jumping it, I find the rear lines well clear and separated from the exposed nose. One packer I talked to said this was the way of the future, the other wasn't encouraging saying that all the matters is maintaining line tension and position with the canopy on the ground.

Opinions?

Thanks.