ACMESkydiver

'A Night On the Town For Our 10' -Open Memorial Oct 20th and DONATION Acct for Families

I'm posting this publicly because everyone is invited.

'The businesses on First Street in Snohomish have offered to host a special evening to benefit the families of our dear friends. Please see the attachment and pass this e-mail on to any and everyone.

Most people are wondering what they can do to help, and this is a way to enjoy an evening at the places our friends frequented while helping their loved ones.

If you can't be there, raise a glass with us at 11pm.

Edit to add: KEEP THE EMAILS COMING. I am just passing them on, but I've been told that it is helping the families a bunch to know that people out there care.

Billvon if you could make this a sticky and take down my other regarding help for families, that would be wonderful.

The PAYPAL account going to the families is: [email protected] (thanks for the info Krisanne).
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

It's also in Events & Places. ;)

On a related note (and maybe you can change the title to reflect this), I also have information about how to donate to a fund that will go directly to the families of the victims.

PayPal donations can be sent to [email protected].

Checks can be written to "Skydive Snohomish N430A Family Fund" and sent to the DZ at: 9912 Airport Way, Snohomish, WA 98296. They can be addressed to the name of the fund as well.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

My wife and I will be in attendance. She didn't know them except for seeing them in passing while occasionally dtopping me off to jump, but she helped me flip off Landon while he was driving bus back from east field and we were on road.

We have both shed some tears.

Ted

Additional ways that local businesses are supporting the event:

If you’re not the “night owl” type, the Cabbage Patch Restaurant at 111 Avenue "A" off of First St. in Snohomish (www.cabbagepatchrestaurant.com) is donating 100% of the proceeds from tomorrow’s sales. Enjoy breakfast, lunch, or dinner with this generous establishment to contribute to the families of “Our 10”.

Last, the Firefly Spa located on First St. (www.fireflyspa.com) will be donating $10 from every one-hour massage during the month of October to the family fund.

Hope to see many of the locals (and some out-of-town visitors) there tomorrow night.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Thanks to everyone who came out for this event - of course, lots of local folks, but it was great to see so many visitors from out of town, too. I just hope no one told the fire marshal how many people we had in Fred's at toast time last night...

I want to say thank you, to Fred's and all that were there for support! Me being such a newbie and not knowing anyone from up in that area (from quite a ways away)-I felt accepted and free to be able to give the support to those who did know the 10. It was an emotional and very beautiful toast. I will remember all the love that people displayed for everyone else.
(I.C.D#2 VP)
"<3 ..Looks like breasts coming out of an ice cream cone. Mmmm."~John Mitchell
"I'm good with my purple penis straw" ~sky mama