bigway

Rugby World Cup

What a start.
Italy disrespected the Maoris, so the All Blacks in return took Italy to pieces. As a kiwi, I am disheartened by the ex new zealanders in the Italy team who disrespected their home country's heritage. They have to live with that though and from what I have read it seems they feel terrible about it and know they made a mistake. Must have been a hard choice for them to make,,,,, disrespect their heritage for their new team.[:/]

Japan, coached by Legendary world cup rugby star and former All Black, My personal hero of the game, John Kirwan showed alot of heart over their demoralising defeat with Australia, though JK seems to think they showed a good 50 minutes with their new players. Seems they are looking to the future.

Huge upset led by Argentina over France. Well done Argentina, I have always been a fan of the team since the 80's.

England, Oh, my god! That was terrible. Really dissapointing. I hurt watching the England supporters at the bar jumping around when they scored over the USA. Sure enough England won but that was the worst win i believe in Englands history of the world cup.
England are the holders of the world cup and USA is one of the worst teams in the world cup, different ends of the spectrum and for England not to trample over them was a real shame. they led at half time something like 23-3 and then in the second half lost everything and tied the second half 7-7.
I love watching England play world cup games and I really hope that the team takes that game on board and realise they need to play each and every other game in this WC 100% better.
If you look at the pools, England did not even score 4 tries to collect the bonus point over one of the worst teams in the WC so really this in a way has made England actually come off worst than the USA in that pool. If England win each of their games against Tonga and Samoa they will have a chance at coming ruuner up in their pool but i dont believe they will beat western samoa with a performance like that and surely will not beat south africa. So their really is a possibility that England may not even make it to the quater finals.

This would be terrible for International rugby if they do not make the quaters and from after loast years world cup and the momentum that England could bring to their nations rugby if they do not make it through the pools it would be a dissaster. I wish England all the luck and really hope they pull it together as they are a magnificent team when they want to be.

In a way it is a shame that The USA is in a pool with Tonga, Samoa and south africa as if the pool was a bit different after their loss to England seeing as they did not give a bonus point away, if the pool was a bit different they may have had a chance to make the Quaters.
I personally know a player in the USA team and i wish them the best also.

The way it is going if i remember correctly that it will be the Quater finals where the All Blacks meet Australia. I would much rather see that match up in the final to make a very exciting world cup, but with this in the Quaters it could make this World Cups anyones to win.

Personally, I think this it the year for Wales to remark their position in International Rugby, I doubt they will win it but i would like to see them progress and maybe even make it to the semis if not the finals. They only need to beat Fiji and canada to make the quaters so they have a good shot here if/when they lose to Australia.

Go the All Blacks!!!

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

The England game wasn't good [:/]

I enjoyed watching Japan get trampled by Australia though.

Didn't see the All Blacks game and I'm going to miss Samoa v SA today too which I'd like to watch :(

Heres to a good competition! Come on England! :)

Everybody here in Australia was laughing at the All Black game. It was amazing. Italy is a good team. They should not have lost like that but New Zealand played the most perfect first 20 minutes. I would try and watch it if i was you. It is not often you see perfect rugby these days and I may be a kiwi saying it but it really was perfect.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I just checked YouTube. The whole game has been uploaded. I'll watch it when i'm back from this crappy wedding anniversary party!

Sw the Haka disrespect. I'm in 2 minds. I love watching the Haka but it is a psychological advantage. If Italy choose to play the game by ignoring it and forming a huddle then thats fair enough in my book.

I like watching the Tonga V New Zealand opening where they are both having a face off! Awesome
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOtHiVbLdPA Hows that for atmosphere

sure enough it is fair enough. What is wrong about it is that it is other new zealanders in the ital team showing disrespect to their own heritage.

The Haka is as old as the game is. The haka means a lot to all New Zealanders, I can not imagine anyone from another country understanding the meaning of the haka as it is not just a rugby thing as it is to people from other nations.

For two new zealanders to turn their back on it, They will have to live with that and from what i have read their words were 'it was a mistake'. I feel for those guys having to make that decision to choose their team over their heritage and culture.

You enjoy the Tonga vs NZ haka. Should try and find some Western Samoa vs NZ hakas. They are the ones i always enjoy, that or the old days when the aussies use to approach us while performing it, instead of now just singing a nursery rhyme:P

Squeak.. Ireland is playing France, Namibia, Georgia and Argentina.
If Ireland beat Namibia and Georgia and get 2 bonus points they may have a shot of making the quaters, If they also beat either France or Argentina they should make the quaters easily.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Wales has just beaten Canada. Quater finals looking good for them.

Manu Samoa had an excellent first half against South Africa, Well no excellent rugby skills but if you know how Manu Samoa plays, in that perspective they played very well.
Unlucky the Kiwi ref did not allow their first try of the second half and now South Africa is running away with the game. So well done South Africa.

Kind of pissed off watching this game though. An old rugby idol of mine from the 80's/90's, Michael Jones is the coach. When he was an All Black he refused to play on sundays, even when we needed him in the World Cup final, because of his religious beliefs but he seems to have no problem being the coach of a teram playing on a sunday.

This is going to be the pool to keep an eye on i think. The power of samoa could very easily take a win against the England going on the way they played against USA, just as long Manu Samoa score big in the first half as they have never been a team that can carry right through the 80 minutes of a game.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

England, Oh, my god! That was terrible. Really dissapointing.

Yep, it was dire. Absolutely dire. There were probably more handling errors than succesful passes!:S

If they play like that against SA on friday they will get ripped apart.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

the All Blacks are so good its just wrong....:|

as is South Africa.

The thing about NZ rugby is that we breed rugby players. MY school was the worlds top rugby school. We had players come from 21 countries around the world to attend my school for them to fullfill their aspirations to become good players and represent their own countries.

Rugby is a religion in NZ as it seems to be in SA.
Believe it or not most of the ALL Blacks have been born in NZ and if they were not born in NZ they have always grown up in NZ.

I went to School with 4 of the guys from Samoa, a couple from Tonga, one from the USA team, Joe rokakoa, Salesi moymo, Jonah Lomu, inga the winga, and Waisaki Satutu was an old boy.

You also may notice that alot of the teams in the World cup this year have ex-all blacks as coaches or supporting staff.

Personally, if New Zealand won the world cup i would probably break down and would be buying a plane ticket back to NZ just for the parade, if their were no Plane tickets left, i would catch a boat ride there for the day. With a country of only 4 million people in it sure does make the All Blacks pretty special to us.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Predictions all over the web are saying that Samoa standing toe to toe with the springboks last night will be England being sent home without making the quater finals.

I think if samoa played like they did last night against SA that their is a good chance England will not make it past the pool competitions.

Would be a good bet if you wanted to make some money.

I sure hope it is not the case as England play a much more dicsiplined game than samoa and usually can go a few more moves than samoa without making mistakes but if they dont pick it up samoa will send them packing.
Is Samoa made it through instead of England it would be a shame as they would lose their uater final game where if England made it through i believe England would stand a better chance.

Good luck England. England played one of the best games i have ever watched in the last world cup final but since then have played some of the worst games. I hope they pick it up so they do not lose the point they proved to us at the last world cup.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

anyone know where to catch the matches on tv in the states? is there a webcast of any sort?

Setanta on Directv or Dishnetwork. Also VS. will be showing some of the matches.

It has been a VERY interesting time watching so far.

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

Yep, it was dire. Absolutely dire. There were probably more handling errors than succesful passes!

I think this can stand as my description of Ireland's performance against Namibia as well.B|

So far I think the USA is the only Northern Hemisphere country who has stood up and played to their potential:o
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

So far I think the USA is the only Northern Hemisphere country who has stood up and played to their potential

I was pleasantly surprised by the USA's technical skills. There is absolutely no reason why they shouldn't become a world power in international rugby in years to come.

However, for now, my money is on a All Blacks vs Springboks final.

Any bets on Bryan Habana for player of the tournament?

not os sure the states becoming a world power in rugby would be a good thing.

I love how rugby is nothing like the superbowl and is not involving millions of dollars per player and turning role models into animal abusers:P

I think if the states got hold of the game it would ruin it.

Anyway, they have had 100 years to get good at it so i dont see that changing anytime soon.

On the flip side, i would like to see them make the quater finals at some point.

About 8 years ago the USA offered Australia, South Africa and New Zealand a million dollars per team to play an exhibition match in America and they all turned it down.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

here are the dates of the next games.

South Africa against England is going to be interesting.

I am putting South Africa ahead by 32 points. I hope this is not the case but am putting a bet on the game.

9 11/09/2007 20:00 Argentina Georgia D Lyon
10 12/09/2007 14:00 USA Tonga A Montpellier
11 12/09/2007 18:00 Japan Fiji B Toulouse
12 12/09/2007 20:00 Italy Romania C Marseille
13 14/09/2007 21:00 England South Africa A St Denis
14 15/09/2007 13:00 New Zealand Portugal C Lyon
15 15/09/2007 15:00 Wales Australia B Cardiff
16 15/09/2007 21:00 Ireland Georgia D Bordeaux
17 16/09/2007 14:00 Fiji Canada B Cardiff
18 16/09/2007 16:00 Samoa Tonga A Montpellier
19 16/09/2007 21:00 France Namibia D Toulouse
20 18/09/2007 21:00 Scotland Romania C Edinburgh
21 19/09/2007 20:00 Italy Portugal C Paris
22 20/09/2007 21:00 Wales Japan B Cardiff
23 21/09/2007 21:00 France Ireland D St Denis
24 22/09/2007 14:00 South Africa Tonga A Lens
25 22/09/2007 16:00 England Samoa A Nantes
26 22/09/2007 21:00 Argentina Namibia D Marseille
27 23/09/2007 14:30 Australia Fiji B Montpellier
28 23/09/2007 17:00 Scotland New Zealand C Edinburgh
29 25/09/2007 18:00 Canada Japan B Bordeaux
30 25/09/2007 20:00 Romania Portugal C Toulouse
31 26/09/2007 18:00 Georgia Namibia D Lens
32 26/09/2007 20:00 Samoa USA A St Etienne
33 28/09/2007 21:00 England Tonga A Paris
34 29/09/2007 13:00 New Zealand Romania C Toulouse
35 29/09/2007 15:00 Australia Canada B Bordeaux
36 29/09/2007 17:00 Wales Fiji B Nantes
37 29/09/2007 21:00 Scotland Italy C St Etienne
38 30/09/2007 15:00 France Georgia D Marseille
39 30/09/2007 17:00 Ireland Argentina D Paris
40 30/09/2007 20:00 South Africa USA A Montpellier
41 06/10/2007 15:00 W Pool B RU Pool A QF1 Marseille
42 06/10/2007 22:00 W Pool C RU Pool D QF2 Cardiff
43 07/10/2007 15:00 W Pool A RU Pool B QF3 Marseille
44 07/10/2007 21:00 W Pool D RU Pool C QF4 St Denis
45 13/10/2007 21:00 W QF1 W QF2 SF1 St Denis
46 14/10/2007 21:00 W QF3 W QF4 SF2 St Denis
47 19/10/2007 21:00 L SF1 L SF 2 3rd/4th Paris
48 20/10/2007 21:00 W SF 1 W SF 2 Final St Denis

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I was pleasantly surprised by the USA's technical skills. There is absolutely no reason why they shouldn't become a world power in international rugby in years to come.

Agreed completely. There were 50 min of the game where they really performed well!

t
It's the year of the Pig.

France fucked up against Argentina. And if (big if...) France manages to make it to the second round, they will probably be facing the Kiwis in the quarter finals. At which point the Kiwis will be heading home... Therefore the Kiwis should pray France does not make it out of the group stage.
1999 all over again... >:(

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

I know you dont seriously think France will beat the kiwis this year!

Australia might, South Africa might but France does not stand a chance in hell of beating the kiwis.

New Zealand will be meeting France in the quater finals as long as france can beat Ireland.

I hope we do play the french in the quaters as it will be a france home game and the crowd will really enjoy the game. The funny thing is most of them will also be cheering on the All Blacks along with their home nation.

The pool that has me thinking is the USA pool.

The USA has to play Tonga, Samoa, england and south africa.

I dont think the USA are going to be prepared to play Tonga or Samoa as they would never have experienced the hits of these Pacific islanders before.
Does anyone know if the USA has played Tonga or Samoa before?

If the USA manage to beat Tonga and samoa and England lose to tonga or samoa and the USA score one bonus point then they will be in the quater finals playing against Australia.

I think if the USA play Australia it will be a big boost for the USA team as I am pretty sure the USA has never played OZ or the Kiwis before. However they will then see what playing rugby really means!

.Karnage Krew Gear Store