piisfish

YAY for South Africa...

A rematch eh? This is going to be very, very interesting.

I had thought that SA's performances were going downhill a bit since 'that' pool game (while England have obviously been improving) but that was a very impressive show.

Roll on next weekend!:)

Do you want to have an ideagasm?

A rematch eh? This is going to be very, very interesting.

You think 36 nil twice is interesting?:D

Ouch!:D

You are going to be so gutted when you find out what a first choice, un-injured England team can do to you;)

You are going to be so gutted when you find out what a first choice, un-injured England team can do to you;)

Ah.. The old "stiff upper lip" and "England expects.."

Those days are gone, I think. No team has ever retained the Trophy, and the truth is your team was not beaten, it was whipped - and that a month ago. No team improves that much that fast.

But time will tell, and this week one of us will be wrong.:D

t

Edit to add:

SA Has scored 33 tries in this WC.
England has scored 13 tries in this WC.

That's quite a difference.
It's the year of the Pig.

Australia scored 30 tries in the group stages alone, England had scored 12. England won.

France had scored 26 tries prior to the semi, England had scored 12. England won.

In 2003 Oz had scored 42 tries going into the final, England had scored 36. England won. See what I'm getting at here?:P

and the truth is your team was not beaten, it was whipped

Although I'd like to think your thinking is quite rational, take a look at the last few NZ-France matches, as well as the last couple of France-England games.
Those who don't learn from Rugby history are bound to lose the big games... (something like that).
NZ & Oz learned the hard way.
France learned the hard way.

Good luck this coming week end.:)

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Yep.

Also, even though England weren't exactly flying high coming in to the tournament their opening performances against the USA and SA were artificially bad, not an accurate reflection of the true level of the team. Since then their game has massively improved and they have beaten (on form) far superior sides.

Granted SA have a much stronger pack than Oz, and are probably a more potent attacking force than France, but England neutralised both those teams and are playing well enough now to have a decent chance of revenge.

From what I heard there is already an injury in the England camp.

Its going to be a very close game, worth watching I think!! ;)

Yeah, Josh Lewsey (wing, SF try scorer) pulled a hamstring just before half time in the semi. He'll be a big loss defensively.

:D That's excellent!:D

What do you call the RWC 7th and 8th place play off?

The Bledisloe Cup;)

:D:D

A little girl was sitting in her classroom in England when her teacher walked in and started talking about how proud she is to be English and how wonderful it is to be an England supporter. The teacher then asked everyone who supported England to put up their hand. Every hand in the class besides one went up. This surprised the teacher and so she asked the little girl why her hand wasn't up.

"Well," said the little girl, "because I don’t support England."

Even more surprised, the teacher asked her who she supported. "I support the Springboks", she replied. Now a bit irritated, the teacher asked the little girl why she supported the Springboks. "My mom supports the Springboks, and my dad supports the Springboks, so I support the Springboks." The teacher looked at the little girl and with a smirk asked: "Well, if your mom was an idiot and your dad was an idiot, what would you be?"

The little girl looked up at her teacher, smiled and replied:

"An England supporter!"

:)

A man is drinking from a pond.

A woman sees him and says "Haai! Moenie dai water drink nie! Dis vol skaap kak!"

The man looks up and says "I'm sorry, I'm English. Could you please repeat that in a language I'm more familiar with?"

The woman replies "Oh! Sorry! If you're very thirsty you should be drinking with BOTH hands."

t
It's the year of the Pig.