Will Hamilton be F1 World Campion tomorrow?

That may be true Nascar has several classes, but it is the oval track boys that get the press

Road courses are run by both, Busch and Nextel drivers. Stewart, Gordon, Kahne, etc., they all run oval as well as road courses.

Chuck

Well, one good thing about NASCAR, it isn't Indy car.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

That may be true Nascar has several classes, but it is the oval track boys that get the press

Road courses are run by both, Busch and Nextel drivers. Stewart, Gordon, Kahne, etc., they all run oval as well as road courses.

Chuck

Well, one good thing about NASCAR, it isn't Indy car.

Yessir! Those Indy cars just don't hold-up to 'bump-drafting'!:D Don't get me wrong, I like Indy racing, also.

Chuck

I thought people got into NASCAR when they put on too many pounds to get into a single seater anymore.

I actually enjoy watching NASCAR but its nothing compared to F1 or even British Touring Cars, You can hardly call a NASCAR vehicle a saloon car. Aren't they spaceframes?

I'll ignore all your snobbish little jabs. What I don't like is all these open-wheel drivers wanting to get into NASCAR! I don't know anything about F-1, I don't care about F-1. You have all the answers... you tell me!

Snobbish? I'm just having a laugh, dude. So you can make redneck moonshine jokes but I can't?;)

And my point still stands, the only F1 drivers who want to go to NASCAR are the ones who can't win in F1 (actually, has there even been anyone except Montoya crossing over recently?). And since you say you don't know anything about F1, I'm just telling you NASCAR is tiny compared to F1. F1 is orders of magnitude richer, has a far more massive viewer base than NASCAR, more widespread sponsorship, more worldwide column inches, more fame for the drivers...

That's not being snobbish, that's just the way it is. F1 is the big dog.;)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Do you know anything about how F1 teams are financed? The cost of running a coulple cars for a season must be close to $500,000,000. Where do they get the money? The cars aren't exactly rolling billboards.

Most of the teams are either part or fully owned by manufacturers (Ferrari, Renault, BMW, Mercedes, Toyota, Honda) who invest quite heavily, the sponsorship money really is massive - tens of millions for a title sponsor of a leading team. For the leading teams there is a huge amount of prize money for race results and final positions in the drivers and constructors championship (McLaren lost $50Mil by being DQ'd from this years constructors championship). The teams also get a share of the TV revenue collected by Formula One Management.

Finally, the difference in budgets from the top of the grid to the bottom is huge. The entire budget of the Spyker team is probably less than Kimi Raikkonnen's salary!

I've tried watching other forms of racing and narrowed it down to Indy cars and NASCAR. Maybe it was the coverage I was watching in regard to other racing... I'm not sure.
The cars being driven in NASCAR today, are a far cry from those early days when moonshine runners got together to see who, had the fastest car. We now have the Car Of Tomorrow (today). The driver's compartment is cramped with a bit more head-room. The driver still, has to squeeze into the car through the driver's window. Michael Waltrip is probably the biggest of the drivers at 6'5". Average height among Nascar drivers is about 5'7". All the cars have high-tech foam in the side panels, templates are used for 'uniformity' of the cars, controls for 'tweaking' in the car by the driver. Long story short... they've become quite specific. Aerodynamics, plays a large part in these cars. To sum it up, it's not just good ol' boy racin' any more.

Chuck

I'll ignore all your snobbish little jabs. What I don't like is all these open-wheel drivers wanting to get into NASCAR! I don't know anything about F-1, I don't care about F-1. You have all the answers... you tell me!

Snobbish? I'm just having a laugh, dude. So you can make redneck moonshine jokes but I can't?;)

And my point still stands, the only F1 drivers who want to go to NASCAR are the ones who can't win in F1 (actually, has there even been anyone except Montoya crossing over recently?). And since you say you don't know anything about F1, I'm just telling you NASCAR is tiny compared to F1. F1 is orders of magnitude richer, has a far more massive viewer base than NASCAR, more widespread sponsorship, more worldwide column inches, more fame for the drivers...

That's not being snobbish, that's just the way it is. F1 is the big dog.;)

I went back and re-read what you wrote and I apologise to you for being so sensitive. I just read it wrong. You can make all the red-neck jokes you want... some of them are really, pretty funny. I appreciate also, your in-put in regard to F-1 racing. I learned someting and that's cool. Thanks!
Hope, your guy wins!

Chuck

Can anything more go wrong for Hamilton.... :o
Raikkonen just might pull it off

Yeah, what a time to have your first mechanical issuesB|

Looks very good for Raikkonnen, unless Massa has a rush of Latin blood to the head and refuses to let him through:P

Damn, that was unexpected!

But hell, Raikkonen won the most races this season, fought back from all kinds of technical issues, accidents, an 18 point deficit and he's deserved a championship for years now.

A worthy champion, well done Ferrari:)

Hi Sam,

>

Don't be. Look what he's achieved.... in his first season. If the lad doesn't get too big for his boots, I'm sure that he'll do fine.

Not a bad start to what is a promising careerB|

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

That's cool.

And I wasn't meaning to be too down on NASCAR either - if you're passionate about it, that's awesome. Open wheel, stock car, rally, bikes - it's all motorsport, and motorsport rocks!B|

Edit: Except for Days Of Thunder. That was rubbish:P

That's cool.

And I wasn't meaning to be too down on NASCAR either - if you're passionate about it, that's awesome. Open wheel, stock car, rally, bikes - it's all motorsport, and motorsport rocks!B|

Edit: Except for Days Of Thunder.

Was Tom Cruise in it?

That was rubbish:P

Oh, that answers my question.;)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.