mamajumps

Advice needed

I live in a R E A L L Y small town, like no stop light small. B/C of this, there are only two daycares. Day care 1: where my kids used to go, Kids get yelled at a lot, stuck in front of TV's for hours, locked in high chairs for menial things, (I could go on and on). I've never have had problems with my kids behavior in daycare, but it was a constant barrage of problems at the this one. And it is owned by a winch who cares nothing about the kids, can barely add 2 +2 and get it right and did I mention is a winch?

Daycare 2: My kids are there now, going on 6 months, I get a long with all the workers and have even "adopted" per se an older disabled lady who works a few hours day that has no family. The problem is I keep getting reports that the the owner, who is rarely there, hits the kids. I have never seen marks on mine, but they say she has smacked their hands, faces, butts etc. When I asked her about it, she said that she does use corporal discipline with her grandchildren who go there, but not with the other kids. However, I know my kids wouldnt lie about something like this.

Im really between a rock and hard place, b/c as a single mom, with limited family (none who would watch them). I could put them in a daycare in my nearby neighboring much larger town, but then I would have to figure how to get them there from school in the afternoons. I work 30 minutes from where I live.

I really dont see an answer to this, so I am seeking wisdom from all the wise ones who post here... thanks!;)

If you attached the first daycare boss to your truck - would that solve the problem?

Would it be useful if you got stuck?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I have no wisdom to offer, but I think it sounds like the commute is your best option. Neither daycare sounds like a place you would want your kids. Juggling your schedule to make it work is another issue. [:/]

My schedule has no flex room, I would loose my job if I had to leave every day at 2 to get them from school, not too mention my gas bill would double and I am already living on a very narrow string.

Do you know anyone who could recommend a private babysitter? When my son was born my wife quit working and spent the next 5 years watching my son and off and on a couple other kids of friends. It gave my son some social interaction and helped us pay the bills. It also gave the parents a trustworthy person to care for their kids every day.
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

What about putting out an ad for someone to come to your house?

Or -= just an ad on line . . . I am sure there are services available . . . could you ask your chrurch to help - I am assuming church because you seem so wholesome and pure.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

What about putting out an ad for someone to come to your house?

I have entertained this, however with my shoestring budget, I couldnt afford it. I get daycare assistance now from the state, and the kids have to go to a state approved daycare to use it. I pay $60/m for my two boys to go afterschool. Like I said, Im seriously struggling... :(

does the state approve of church day care?
there's a number of those around most of Polk county and the seem to be better than the pay centers. You know the state doesn't seem to require much to open a day care center...>:(
anywhere along your route to/from work?

does the state approve of church day care?
there's a number of those around most of Polk county and the seem to be better than the pay centers. You know the state doesn't seem to require much to open a day care center...>:(
anywhere along your route to/from work?

Same deal, I would have to leave to go get them from school... thus jepordizing my job... :(

it has been awhile, but I have had similar issues to yours, without having to do it all alone as you have to.
Daycare #2 seems to be the lesser of two evils. Since you don't have a third option, maybe setting some firm expectations with this one on how you want discipline of your kids handled would help.
Discussing this issue with the other moms there may also help. Sometimes people make better decisions if they know they are accountable for their actions.

I could put them in a daycare in my nearby neighboring much larger town, but then I would have to figure how to get them there from school in the afternoons. I work 30 minutes from where I live.

Well, then how about hiring someone just to drive them from their school to an approved, yet more decent, daycare in the larger town?

after school activity that provides a ride?
karate' is a first thought...they have bus service from most schools for afternoon activities.
when my kids were much smaller the elementary school (also in Poke county) had after school care in the cafeteria and playground at school.

after school activity that provides a ride?
karate' is a first thought...they have bus service from most schools for afternoon activities.
when my kids were much smaller the elementary school (also in Poke county) had after school care in the cafeteria and playground at school.

I don't think so - I believe she said she lived in a one horse town.

I have no wisdom to offer, but I think it sounds like the commute is your best option. Neither daycare sounds like a place you would want your kids. Juggling your schedule to make it work is another issue. [:/]

My schedule has no flex room, I would loose my job if I had to leave every day at 2 to get them from school, not too mention my gas bill would double and I am already living on a very narrow string.

Sorry--I misunderstood. I thought you were presenting it as an option, even though it might be less convenient. :)
TPM Sister #102

If these things are going on with the daycare is there any way to file a complaint or talk to the other parents about their experiences? Children being locked in highchairs is something that should be reported in my opinion.

Also, trust your children when they say the kids are getting hit. If you file a complaint then maybe having a state worker investigate would be enough to straighten things out. That's a tough situation to be in. I know it's easy for me to say not knowing the situation in full but maybe moving close to family could help?

If these things are going on with the daycare is there any way to file a complaint or talk to the other parents about their experiences? Children being locked in highchairs is something that should be reported in my opinion.

Also, trust your children when they say the kids are getting hit. If you file a complaint then maybe having a state worker investigate would be enough to straighten things out. That's a tough situation to be in. I know it's easy for me to say not knowing the situation in full but maybe moving close to family could help?

Yeah, I wish I had the kind of family that would be willing to help. All I have now, really is my aunt & uncle who are very gracious in thier willingness to help. However, they work W-S and already keep my kids for free so I can attend college at night. So I already feel like I am using their graces to the max. Call me crazy... I hate asking people to do stuff for me. I always feel like Im imposing. I have thought about calling CPS on them... I still think I will. I just always try to weigh out all of my options....

If you attached the first daycare boss to your truck - would that solve the problem?

Would it be useful if you got stuck?

My first thoughts were: Roller fairlead or hawse? Wire rope, or synthetic?
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.