bigway

Swimming Pool people.. Please HELP!

I have become a new pool guy after moving into a house with a pool.

Now i went through hell, i got the water absolutley perfect according to the pool shop and then the next day my pool looked like it was painted a brown colour.. massive iron stain.

I then got rid of the stain and have not had it back by using the metal stuff and the citric acid.

However there was a couple of small stains still there so i thought i would sacrifice my perfect water to get rid of these stains.

Now here is where my drama begins...

I used two whole bottles of this citric acid in powder form. Had to sprinkle it everywhere on the sides. Got rid of it and then got my water levels correct again only to find cloudy water.

Now i dumped in a 1 litre bottle of clarifier and it did nothing as i kept my sand filter running for two days. So i dumped another two bottles in. It is more cloudy than ever now, nearly like milk.
I then turned the filter off and realise that all the white dust settles on the bottom of the pool after about 8 hours of not having the filter on.

I then tried vacuming it up with the Kreepy Krawley. However when it sucks it up i then see the inlets just pumping in the same cloudy water and it makes my pool cloudy all over again.
It is a vicious cycle.

The only thing i can think of is to empty the pool and start again but the problem here is that i live in a city with a drought and you can not even wash your car with a hose let alone fill a pool. If i wanted to fill the pool i would have to apply for permission and there is no way i would get it while water is the biggest problem this city/country has at the moment.

Please someone tell me a genius way that i have not thought of so i can get this done.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I aint paying someone $70 an hour to do something that i could do if i know what it is that i need to do.

What uneducated person who becomes a pool guy deserves $70 an hour.

I asked a handyman to put a hom gym together for me until the uneducated guy told me that 5 hours work would cost $470.

Some people.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I aint paying someone $70 an hour to do something that i could do if i know what it is that i need to do.

I asked a handyman to put a hom gym together for me until the uneducated guy told me that 5 hours work would cost $470.

Some people.

I don't know what pool guy gets $70 an hour. I know companies here that do monthly service for I believe 80 a month. That is a biweekly service. So that would mean $40 a visit.
Had you called someone to start with they would probably have you set up and ready to go. You messed with it, jacked it up and now want to not pay a person who knows how to fix it.

I'm like you, why pay someone if I can do it myself. You just seem to not be on the right track here. Give in, pay someone.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

Had you called someone to start with they would probably have you set up and ready to go. You messed with it, jacked it up and now want to not pay a person who knows how to fix it.

I'm like you, why pay someone if I can do it myself. You just seem to not be on the right track here. Give in, pay someone.

You could say the same thing if it were an indoor plumbing problem but that would be a far more serious situation. That said, I know nothing about fixing pool water. Get an expert to come out and fix it, then have him tell you what to do to maintain it properly and you'll never need him again, hopefully!
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

It also sounds like you've already put in a lot of time--and probably money--on fixing what you've got. Unless you can definitively figure out what needs to be done, it sounds like you could pay as much trying to do it yourself as you could to have someone come out and give you a fresh start. That's just me, though. I wouldn't have messed with it to begin with! :)

TPM Sister #102

which is why you take a water sample to the FREE PLACE!!!
no Pinch A Penny there???
;)
free advice is available at most pool supply places here anyway...they tell you what to do, you do it.

the last pool I had looked like a polluted river when I got there. sparkling fresh and clean in no time!
chemicals, filter rebuild, some plumbing fixes...whole deal!

Check you pH level. Chances are it's low, causing dissolved metals/minerals to come out of solution and deposit themselves on the pool surface. Dumping bags of acid (muriatic acid not citric) into the pool isn't helping the situation. Use more acid to clean the stains, get your pH back where it needs to be (7.4-7.6) and address the filter problem. It should not allow "cloudy" water back in.

Quit messing with all the chemicals. If they're small stains, use a course waterproof sanding sponge. Scrub the spot but not too hard. Magic! But it requires you to be in the water, way better than using a bunch of chemicals that make it almost impossible to stabilize levels. ;)

Some people.

I don't know what pool guy gets $70 an hour. I know companies here that do monthly service for I believe 80 a month. That is a biweekly service. So that would mean $40 a visit.

Not everyone lives in the USA and is talking about USA dollars;)

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

http://www.troublefreepool.com/index.php

Be prepared to be told to stop buying crap from the pool store.. Bleach , Baking Soda and Acid is all you need to maintain a pool once you get it balanced.

Mine is salt water so i don't even need bleach :P

Please someone tell me a genius way that i have not thought of so i can get this done.

Go skinny dipping - you might scare the clouds away.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun