drjump

1-800-SkyRide

What I didn't say was there are BOD members who are DZO's that take skyscam tickets.
In fact the 3 sitting DZO's BOD I'm pretty sure refuse to take the Skyscam tickets, those would be Mike Mullins, Sherry Bucher & Larry Hill.

Isn't Lee Schlichtemeier the DZO of Skydive Dallas, which accepts Skyride certificates?

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Yep. But I was thinking of the 3 I named and I didn't want to lump in the good guys with the trash.

Come to think of it, maybe Lee needs to step aside and quit being on the BOD, in fact I think the membership and the other BOD members should demand he step down if he want's to keep supporting the very people who are suing the USPA and burning up OUR MONEY in defending the suit.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

To a DZO it is another outlet that can produce profit for the business (OH! I said the B word again! "BUSINESS) they may not agree with the methods that are used by skyride in selling jumps to customers, but they cannot afford to turn away a profitable customer when so many of the local jumpers whom frequent their establishment produce no profit (experienced jumpers) If they made their decisions solely on ethics they could place their DZs into more financial risk!

No one has clean hands in this situation, so we can place no blame or guilt. So we come to this, these are the things as I see that support the current situation and must be changed for this situation to cease to continue.

BULLSHIT! What skavooloo school of logic did you go to? Even worse, where did you get your ethics?

So USPA has dirty hands because they came down on a company engaged in fraudulent business practices? Give me a huge fucking break!

pathetic self."

You my friend are at best completely uninformed and naive as to the actions taken by USPA when they revoked GM DZs and resended memberships in their initial efforts to stop skyride. I do not take sides in this situation but only look at facts as to what has led us to this place.
USPA is a membership organization, you "don't" have to join, and their power over you is limited to what you will allow as a paying member, Oh, yes! there is the membership, which if you take that and a dollar you can get a coke at Mickey Ds.
To create tools to use to punish skyride they created the ethics section that they added to the GM pledge, which is fine! "But" you cannot do this after the fact to punish membership. Is this action ethical? not in my copy of roberts rules. Than the "Big" Foopaa! During their efforts to disasoctate USPA from skyride and effect their business, (which they did with their actions) they severly bent laws which do not allow outside entities to tamper with federal or interstate commerece laws to conduct business, again in my book unethical and looked upon the same by state and federal statutes. Do you get the point now? Yes! even the bad guys got rights! You can not fix a problem by breaking the law! And no law firm would file suit on skyrides behalf unless there were laws broken to justify the suit. Now go back to "Your" Skavooloo school of logic, locate the ethics manual and make a entry, not to make stupid statements until do you your fucking! Homework! You would make a great USPA board member! "Primed for a fight and going off half cocked"

Than the "Big" Foopaa! During their efforts to disasoctate USPA from skyride and effect their business, (which they did with their actions) they severly bent laws which do not allow outside entities to tamper with federal or interstate commerece laws to conduct business, again in my book unethical and looked upon the same by state and federal statutes.

Those DZ`s were built from the same business model. Skyride grew out of ASC. The business model that Skyride is based on was developed at ASC. In the late 90`s ASC had fake websites going far away as Mississippi and other distant states to draw people to their Dropzone. When people called in thinking they were calling a Dropzone relatively near by, after the non-refundable credit card info was taken, they were given directions to ASC. They were so successful with this business model that they took it nationwide and started Skyride.

While they may be separate entities on paper, I think a competent attorney will be able to show that they all really one and the same. This will all play out in court over the next year or so.

The Georgia State Attorney General is already starting to take action against Skyride for their Fraudulent Practices, Several other States are doing their own investigations. The fact that the USPA wants nothing to with the owners of this company or any other company they own is completely justified.

that wouldn't work because fun jumpers do not generate much revenue for drop zones they do bring in work of mouth but that doesn't account for enough to make a difference..

Then answer me this: If fun jumpers don't really matter to the DZOs taking the GCs, and I think it would be safe to say all USPA members are jumpers, give or take a few; and if 99.99 percent of tandem jumpers have no idea who USPA is (especially the naive Skyride customers, since they would have probably consulted their acquaintance rather than a search engine), then why sue a useless organization like USPA for putting the company and it's owners out?"

Answer that.

Now, had USPA decreed that members were absolutely not allowed to jump at the company's affiliated dropzones, nor those that accept the GCs (mainly over the third-party insurance coverage - as in threatening to not cover), then, at a stretch, maybe the lawsuit could have been reasonable (I said at a stretch, meaning not quite as ridiculous as this one is). But, USPA never said that, now did they?
Roll Tide Roll

You my friend are at best completely uninformed and naive as to the actions taken by USPA when they revoked GM DZs and resended memberships in their initial efforts to stop skyride.

And You my friend are at best completely uninformed and naive as to think that the USPA was trying to "stop skyride", they were and are simply "separating" themselves.

. . . they were and are simply "separating" themselves.

Which is what every skydiver should do with any DZ that affiliates themselves with or accepts their certificates from skyride. (At least those that have morals and have any love for this sport)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun