drjump

1-800-SkyRide

So, in other words they didnt do anything but tell her she can use the ticket?

Most recently they told her they need the request for a refund in writing, but that was while talking to some gal who may not have been aware of the new "No hoops to jump thru" approach.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

It's hard for me to get an idea of your inflection.

Are you seriously telling Me the Skyride made things right by this woman or are they still jerking her around?

Skyride hasn't made things right yet, and based on their well-deserved reputation, I'm not really expecting they will. Still, based on the public statement here by one of their employees that they'll give her a refund, I've got my fingers crossed that they'll do good by her. So far, she's gotten a total runaround and hasn't heard anything any of us wouldn't expect. Either way, I will post how it goes from here.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Well, belive it or not, they have made things somewhat right in a few selected cases...most notably with a couple of the jumpers highlighted in the Atlanta Fox 5's Randy Travis expose.

It took a consumer affairs TV expose to get it done.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

So if you can get a major news channel to do a story and air it a few time you might get a refund if they sold you a certificate that you can't use within a few hundred miles of your house and you send them a request in writing, in triplicate when the moon is full.

Or if you can get Ryans direct phone line. Are you going to fix this one Ryan??

oh...hmmm...fun with phones Friday!!!
what's that number again??? :P
I'm up for playing some...

SHIT -

J's right . . .

Dammit - I hate it when that happens.:ph34r:

Call - but simply call to complain and give them an honest opinion, respectfully, and without any maliciousness. Perhaps we can all call to verify what DZs are doing buisness with Skyride. That would be a great help.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Call and say that you are an attourney representing a class action law suit.

They probably get that all the time.

I entered the original quote for you - but I edited because I was too quick on the draw . . . You are probably correct though.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Hey can anyone find the interview that Skydiving Mag did with Cary a few years ago. That would give Ryan something to read and ponder on.

My favorite quote was," The end justifies the means".
He bacically said that it didn't matter if he provided service to someone or not. If he could get someone to give him their money that he deserved the money.

Hey can anyone find the interview that Skydiving Mag did with Cary a few years ago. That would give Ryan something to read and ponder on.

My favorite quote was," The end justifies the means".
He bacically said that it didn't matter if he provided service to someone or not. If he could get someone to give him their money that he deserved the money.

Sounds like you and your lawns:D:D Man, i posted in the other thread. There is about 5 of us switching dz's in texas due to one dz being a skyride affiliate. Fuck that, they don't need our ,oney anyways.
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

The great Al Capone said it best, "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." This certainly seems to be the case with skyride.
“Last week I helped my friend stay put. It's a lot easier than helping someone move. I just went over to his house and made sure that he did not start to load his shit into a truck.”

If you were to call in our agents will not book you at a place that doesn't exist they with ask where you are coming from and then tell you our closest affiliated location....
Our websites are what we use to generate phone calls when they call in we give them accurate information most info coming from the DZ thats in that are.

So that explains why you hijacked seattleskydivers.com, right?

Seeing as that address is intellectual property that doesn't belong to you, if you're honest, why don't you give it back?

It's only lack of resources that has prevented a WIPO case against you thus far.

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

You know I thought for a long time that Skyride had lost control of its hundreds of websites. They put them up, but it got so out of hand that they couldn't edit them if they wanted. But I just used http://www.archive.org to check see when they made a change to one of their fake DZ sites.

At some point within the last year, they decided they better cover their asses. They added a Terms and Conditions link to the bottom of http://www.skydiveconnecticut.com/index.html.

http://1800skyride.com/terms_for_all.html pretty much admits to their BS. They advertise things that might not be available even though they say it is. Refunds are available, but you have to pay a 25% administrative fee. And on and on.

Same page, October 10, 2006: http://web.archive.org/web/20061010080134/http://www.skydiveconnecticut.com/index.html.

Same lies, but now with fine print!

Dave

Very interesting read. Thanks for doing this homework.

Adventure Sports Service Providers have their own terms and conditions. In order to participate in the Adventure Sports experience, participants will be required to accept their Terms and Conditions.

Normally this would be acceptable for an upright business. However, in the case of SkyRide it's just sad. [:/]

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

The truth always prevails. Skyride will eventually bite the dust and the owners will get what they deserve.

Has anyone ever thought about setting up an anti skyride website?
“Last week I helped my friend stay put. It's a lot easier than helping someone move. I just went over to his house and made sure that he did not start to load his shit into a truck.”

SKYRIDEISASCAM.COM is available. I'm seriously thinking about buying it and creating a site around it.

The problem with an anti-skyride web site is the people are not seaching for skyride when they search the web. They are searching for skydiving in their area.

The logical solution is for the DZOs to stop taking their certificates and to possibly work together on some advertising but greed and hard headedness will keep both of those things from happening.

but greed and hard headedness will keep both of those things from happening.

Yep!

I hate to say it but SWC started to take the tickets again after stopping for a long time due to the scam, BUT (according the the dzo) @ the Reno 2007 DZO's meeting when they saw how many big name DZO's and the local comp stand up/raise hands that they were taking skyscam tickets, the DZO said they couldn't believe it, then on top of that a new DZ opened up and has undercut every dz in the region for the price of a TDM's & AFF and fun jumper lift tickets and even made attempts to get collage clubs & staff to jumpship.

So when I asked about "how can you support jerks and crooks" this is the repy I got (above) and they see no reason to turn away the business sent to them.

So as long you see places of the likes of:,
Alabama Skydiving Center, Prattville
Bay Area Skydiving, Byron
Perris Valley Skydiving, Perris
Skydive Elsinore, Lake Elsinore
Adventure Center Skydiving Inc, Hollister Ca
Skydive San Diego, San Diego,
Skydive Taft, Taft,
Skydive Greensburg, Greensburg
Skydive Jacksonville, Jacksonville
Florida Skydive center, Titusville
Skydive Tampa Bay, Mulberry
Florida Skydiving Center, Lake Wales
Missouri River Valley Skydiving, Lexington
Skydive Rolla, Rolla - Accepts
Freefall Express Skydiving, Missouri Nixa
Canton Air Sports, Alliance
Skydive Toledo, Toledo
Skydive Dallas, Whitewright,
Skydive Spaceland, Rosharon
Skydive Superior, Suprerior
Skydive Midwest, Sturtavant

Then I can't really blame a one 182 DZO taking them to try and keep the doors open, this dz used to run a twin otter, D-18 and two 182's all day long, then no one wanted to jump the beech and the Totter was light, so they sized down to a C-208 for a few years then downsized to a Porter, after the engine blew and the owner Eddows and partner fucked um for the last two years promising & promising an engine (blowing smoke up the DZO's ass for two years) there still sits the porter taking up hanger space, for the last two seasons it has been down to one 182 nothng but students and not a fun jumper in sight, but one or two loyal few who seem to want to spend all day to get a/one hop N pop between student/tandem loads out of a 182 to try to help keep the doors open after 38 years in the business. So I can't really blame this DZO for taking the skyscam tickets.

I don't have to like it, but it's not my DZ or my company to run. In fact I have been not involved much this season at all, other then the boogie and a few AFF/SL FJC's to keep my ratings current, but I too am part of the mass exit.

As long as the big dogs and competing local dz's take the tickets and the skyscam lowlifes keep inventing new ways to out market the local dz's you will see people hop on board the 1-800-get-fucked network and take the tickets, thinking it's better to have them walk in "my" door then XYZ DZ down the road or accross the state, and if they get video it will have our name and number.

So in the long run, you can print the t-shirts and boycott the dz's listed if you want too, but dare I say, your pissing in the wind and a handful of jumpers or DZ.com posters won't change shit, the jokes on you! Last time I was in Perris (May & june 07) there were two USPA BOD's & 5 or 6 DZO's jumping and spending money there, you think they don't know Perris takes Skyscam tickets?

Face it the sport has been sold out.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo