drjump

1-800-SkyRide

I get what you're saying - and at the same time I am assuming you are not actually agreeing with that, but rather making a cynical observation.

You would be correct. But I know at least one DZO who has stooped to taking the skyscam tickets in order to keep treading water in the current economic times and other dz's in the area offering super low prices, so this one justifies dealing with skyscam to keep the doors open.

No matter how you slice it, I think it is fubar and hope to see B&C doing time, sadly just like the "girls gone wild" dude they will be able to run their other shell company from behind bars and keep on ripping off the fools who call them.

If more real DZO's wouldn't be such tight asses with marketing dollars and knew how to market in the first place at an affordable rate, then these guys wouldn't have been able to waltz in like they did and fuck up all the local markets.

Then we have people bitchen about the likes of Fayards taking skyscam tickets (if they really do???), yet some of those who cry the loudest about skyscam being crooks, are the same people who would hire CSS AC for their events and boogies, so in turn you are only helping to support & keep in business those who support and keep in business skyscam!

It's all about the almighty dollar, get a clue, DZO's are not your friend (even though you all think they are) and could care less what the fuck you think about how they run their businesses.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

The CS could have simply said that Monroe wasn't a participating DZ, but they didn't, they claimed the DZ didn't exist at all. Needless to say, the Attorney in my office was floored by the outright lies told by your CS.

Explain that....... bet you can't..... skyride can lick maggot nuts as far as I'm concerned, but even maggots have standards....

Before Skyride took possession of Alabama Skydiving Inc's Pell City DZ from an exasperated DZO, they had been telling people who called thinking they were calling the Pell City DZ, but got Cedartown instead and were told bluntly, "oh that DZ is closed, but we're open". A blatant and outright lie. That was one of the reasons I became one of Skyride's first haters who spoke up against them.

One of the ways they fooled people into thinking they were calling the Pell City DZ was the phone book ads titled "Skydive Birmingham". Man that really pissed Sandy (former DZO) off. >:(

Oh and can I use your maggot quote in my sig line? :ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

(reply to stratostar's post, without re-quote)

It's a shame. I wonder who will forget all that if, in fact, the organization is shut down, and who will remember to frequent the hold-outs?
Heck, the three aforementioned dz's (Cullman, Farm,Thomaston) are within 1.5 hours driving of my house, and about a 20 minute flight. What a choice?! And Z-hills is not that far either.

I wonder sometimes if I actually have a dog in this fight, or would it be easier if I took the attitude of so many out there who "...just want to JUMP, people, and not get involved with the politics and the haters in the sport..."

Nahhh. It's better company.;)

Roll Tide Roll

They use to claim any DZ that a customer mentioned that didn't take their certificates was the most dangerous DZ around.

I think they still do that. Apparently they told a potential customer that a certain non-affiliated DZ kills a certain number of people a year. I believe it was 6 if I'm not mistaken. :S>:(

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

you most certainly can ;)

So they won't release a map of the Skyride affilliated DZs because they are afriad that the DZO will drop them or that the Up Jumpers will Boycott those DZs?

I was dissapointed to find out that a DZ in my area was accepting Tickets.[:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

It would be great if someone had time (And the cell Phone minutes) to call all the DZ`s in the US and ask "Do you accept Skyride Certificates" and post the ones that say yes. then Jumps can make thier own decision if they are willing to support those Dropzone with thier business.

Maybe start a Thread and Somaone for each State call the DZ`s in that state and posts the results.

DZ Name, Location, Accepts Skyride.

Georgia
Skydive Atlanta, Thomaston, NO!
Skydive the Farm, Rockmart, NO!
Atlanta Skydiving Center, Cedartown, YES! (Owned by the same people that own Skyride)
I know of no other Dropzones currently operating in this state.

Anyone else want to add their State?

Skydive Alabama, Cullman - NO!
Alabama Skydiving Center, Prattville (satellite skyride DZ) - yes
Emerald Coast Skydiving - ??? hopefully no
Opelika Skydiving Association ??? ditto
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Connecticut
Connecticut Parachutists: No
Danielson: No

If you call skyride from here, you'll either be sent to a DZ in massachusetts that closed down a while ago, or to Troy, NY (near albany) if Ryan informed them. They were sending people to the closed DZ until I informed Ryan that the dropzone doesn't exist anymore. Hopefully they don't do much business in this area.

Dave

If the Mods do not mind, I am going to start a separate Thread in General Skydiving for this information. Having a central List of Dropzones that do and do not accept Skyride could be very helpful.

They may move it to E & G
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Good idea J, thanks!

In other news...did you know that Atlanta Skydiving Center offers paragliding classes? How about base jumping??? Or my personal favorite, you could head on over to ASC for some olympic skydiving! :D

Don't worry, they also offer 24 hour emergency services. :o

Check out this link for more info...

:S

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

Good idea J, thanks!

In other news...did you know that Atlanta Skydiving Center offers paragliding classes? How about base jumping??? Or my personal favorite, you could head on over to ASC for some olympic skydiving! :D

Don't worry, they also offer 24 hour emergency services. :o

Check out this link for more info...

:S

What happened to all the honest reviews you locals did on the kudsu site a few weeks ago? :|
Remster

What happened to all the honest reviews you locals did on the kudsu site a few weeks ago? :|

Well, I did a bunch of honest reviews, but there are so many false sites on there it's hard to get to them all. I didn't find this one until today, and did an honest review, but it takes a day or 2 to get approved and show up. And not that many people did them honestly. Did ones on the Farm and ChutingStar today too, but those probably haven't shown up yet either. If more people want to contribute reviews that would be great! :)

Have her call me at 1800214 8611 and i will get it taken care of.

I just got off the phone with Kirsten and gave her your name and that number. It turns out she already bit the bullet and payed me full price to have her husband jump with me (with video and stills). Being as she's now spent the money twice, once with you and once with me, your offer to give her a refund was quite well received and is the easiest option. She's been encountering difficulty in chasing it down, as the folks she's been talking to didn't understand that she was misled by the "Skydive Spokane" on your webpage (despite her explaining it to them several times). On a positive note, she reports her husband's experience with us was fantastic, he's showed the video to friends countless times, and her refund from your company has already been earmarked with a promise to her husband that he can use it to make another jump or two with us...hopefully in the next couple of weeks if she gets it that quickly.

Thanks for your attention to this matter.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)