drjump

1-800-SkyRide

"Skydive South Carolina uses TURBINE AIRCRAFT 7 days a week, 365 days a year. We are the ONLY skydiving center in South Carolina that guarantees 14,000 foot skydives every day."

this is an outright lie. it is impossible to make this guarantee. how can you defend this?

especially when the only DZ in SC that works with Skyride is in Walterboro and they fly C-182's to 10,500

Skydive Carolina (in SC but near Charlotte) operates turbines, does not operate 7 days a week, generally goes to around 13,000' and definitely does NOT take Skyride certificates
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

Are you even going to bother trying to respnd to this?

What part of "You work for thieves" don’t you get??

Here are a few FACTS for you.

Your employer stole the Intellectual Property (Photos and entire web sites) of several Skydivers for use in their Fraudulent and Deceptive web sites.

Your employer Stole the Phone number of recently decease DZO.

Your employer paid Local Jumpers to go plaster Bumper stickers all over town and then had their own employee arrested for doing exactly what they paid them to do once the local cities complained. (You might want to pay close attention to that one. Who do you think they will throw under the bus when the shit finally does hit the fan? Hope you have a good lawyer)

Your employer has 100`s of intentionally deceptive web sites that are full of lies. All of your business comes from those Lies.

Your employer is known for lying repeatedly to customers when they call.

Current litigation that I know of that your employer is involved in:
1)Being sued by SDA for their fraudulent web sites.
2) Suing the USPA because the USPA Kicked them out for their fraudulent Business practices.
3) Being sued by the Georgia Consumer Affairs Office for their Deceptive and fraudulent business practices.

Your employer has been "exposed" by at least 3 different news organizations in 3 different states for their fraudulent and deceptive business practices.

Several other states are considering action as well.

If you cant look at that and realize that you do in fact work for thieves that honest people do not wish to associate with, then you are part of the PROBLEM.

Or will you just continue to pretend you dont now these things?

He chooses to ignore anything that happened in the past or anything that is outside his control, like any of the skyride scam web pages.

I really think he is well aware of skyride's past but believes they are a different company now. Us skydivers are nothing but a minor annoyance to skyride because dropzones and other businesses continue to work with them.

I've heard dropzones as reputable as perris valley are accepting their certificates these days. I don't think DZOs can possibly claim ignorance anymore... they just don't care. Why would skyride employees care about their criminal background if our friends in the skydiving community don't care?

Is it true about perris?

Dave

CSS, I believe that was one of the options quoted to me...see that's 290 miles from Greenville, SC. Tell me how a company website that refers to itself as Skydive Greenville or Greenville Skydiving yet does not offer service withing 175 miles of Greenville is anything but fraud. As for the "show me and I'll fix it" I pointed out the South Carolina issues on October 5th, by October 9th you confirmed that the claims were fraudulant. October 24, and it's still there.
I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried

When I asked if that was the total cost, I started getting "Well it doesn't include the pilot chute fee. Don't you want one of those?" I guess that could be intimidating for a whuffo!
Oh my God that is too funny.. So does the poor student pay this fee as he is riding to altitude or does the TI have an ATM stripe reader for use at pull time? Oh I forgot we also have a toggel fee.. You do want me to flare, don't you??

Don't run out of altitude and experience at the same time...

I don't think DZOs can possibly claim ignorance anymore... they just don't care.

It's a can't beat um, join um thing. Why let the scumbbags & scumbbags who work for them, get the cash flow by sending it down the road a few hundered miles, in these tight economic times DZO's need to get all the cash flow they can get, gotta pay for the toys the up jumpers want. IMHO
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

I don't think DZOs can possibly claim ignorance anymore... they just don't care.

It's a can't beat um, join um thing. Why let the scumbbags & scumbbags who work for them, get the cash flow by sending it down the road a few hundered miles, in these tight economic times DZO's need to get all the cash flow they can get, gotta pay for the toys the up jumpers want. IMHO

You got it! Money talks and...

Chuck

I get what you're saying - and at the same time I am assuming you are not actually agreeing with that, but rather making a cynical observation.

However anyone sees it, it's one thing for someone to steal from their neighbor to eat, but it's another thing altogether in selling out to them for greed, or the chance to be their "regional rep" should the bad guys win here in the near future, thereby essentially shutting out their comrades for good - which I see as the case for anyone taking their certificates, especially larger organizations.

I mean, look at Skydive Alabama (Cullman), SA Thomaston, and the Farm. They have never accepted the tickets, and the former two were operating for years before USPA actually got involved (nee, gave a shit), and all have kept up very well with loyal customers and great attitudes.

Considering that they have been in business very near where the plague started since the beginning, I'd say that merits kudos for them, and shame on the powerhouse dzs out there who have caved.
Roll Tide Roll

The thing is, most jumpers want the luxury planes, the nice benefits of skydiving. Real people will not jump at any skyride affiliated dz's. I know one guy that used to chime about the dicks working at ASC, how they are losers, How he wants to punch carey or ben in the face blah blah blah. Guess what. Hans got sick of his shit and he is now working as a TI at ASC. So, really. The type of people ASC and skyride attract are down and out skydivers that have no where else to go to make money.Kinda sad really. As nice as these people are, they are still supporting a deadbeat skydiving society. That s the kind of people the skyride association attract.
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

: Damn-it man. We know what the concept is. Don't you get it?? Ben and Cary fucked people along the way to get their business where it is today. You are here preaching to the wrong people.

Chuckles,,, wait,,, I'm listening to you brother,, let me hold your offering plate,, PLEASE ,, PLEASE all my skydiving brothers,, GIVE your jump money to this fellow called Ben and Cary...

Now,, everyone,,, everyone brothers and sisters of skydiving faith,, sing with me now,, AMEEEEEENNNNN,, AMENNNNNN. Peanut preaches now,,,Come with peanut and B&C to be baptised in the faith of packing other peoples parachutes, AFF Jm's, and and tandem JM money easy making sleeze bags and drop zone bums of you all.. Come work for B&C and learn to be a sleeze bag like us.

SHIT buddy,, you play a really bad defender for B&C. You need to give them back to the lawyers. They are paid to collect the sleeze dollars.
Its a good day to LIVE, why puck up a good thing.

There is no reply in aad section for. " hell no i would not put an AAD on my back"

I have seen no fraudulent activities since i have been here
Although i am well aware of the controversy our websites have caused, as for the websites being fraudulent that will be decided as i am sure your all aware

so we will all see where the cards fall

PA deleted. Your one warning.
Its a good day to LIVE, why puck up a good thing.

There is no reply in aad section for. " hell no i would not put an AAD on my back"

You know, I have read countless complaints from people about skyride but the fact is, they survive because of lazy 1 time tandem customers who don't seem to know how to use bbb.com before handing over their credit card to a business 1000's of miles away.

Buyer beware.

Let me get this straight... you state that you have worked for skyride for, I think you said 3 yrs, correct? And yet you have stated that you know of no unethical practices, outside of the websites, right? Well let me tell you my personal experience with your beloved skyride.....

Approx 1 1/2 to 2 yrs ago, when the skyride scam was all over the Atl news, one of the Attorneys in my office came to me questioning whether or not skyride was really this deceptive. I chose to do a little speaker phone experiment. This is how it went...

While the Attorney and I sat in my office, looking at a very large picture of me and another jumper under the Skydive Monroe sign that was inside the hanger, we made a phone call to 1-800-screwyou, aka skyride. During this conversation, I informed the "customer service" person that I live in Athens (ooops, I lied, I live farther away from Monroe that that). I kept asking "Isn't there a DZ in Monroe?" To which your CS person continuously replied "NO, there is no DZ in Monroe". After a good 10 minutes of listening to your CS ramble off a load of crap to me, The attorney spoke up and asked again, "Isn't there a DZ in Monroe?" again your CS replied "NO". I ended the call by letting the CS know that I am a fun jumper at that DZ and that this phone call has been witnessed by an Attorney....... I don't think I have ever been hung up on so fast before..... HAHAHAHA!!! Lying asswipe - they got busted and just hung up instead of explaining themselves or having someone with some authority take the call. Is that what you guys train your CS to do? Hang up on a customer after the customer proves that they are totally full of crap? The CS could have simply said that Monroe wasn't a participating DZ, but they didn't, they claimed the DZ didn't exist at all. Needless to say, the Attorney in my office was floored by the outright lies told by your CS.

Explain that....... bet you can't..... skyride can lick maggot nuts as far as I'm concerned, but even maggots have standards....
Next time a sunrise steals your breath or a meadow of flowers leaves you speechless, remain that way. Say nothing and listen as heaven whispers, "Do you like it? I did it just for you."

not to stir up shit but providing customer with service is not stealing, since we refund the ones we cannot provide service to.

This is not true. I have a friend named Jen (teamjenn1) who just had a baby. She's basically done skydiving, at least for a while. I've been trying to get Tyler to give her a refund on her skyride gift certificate, but every time I ask him about it he says he's still working on it. I'm really not holding my breath. I'm sure he's doing his best, and that it's just the beaurocracy of the company, but it's not reassuring.

Brie
"Ive seen you hump air, hump the floor of the plane, and hump legs. You now have a new nickname: "Black Humper of Death"--yardhippie

true. part of the 10 minutes of crap included the line about how athens is 20 minutes from cedartown, how the exact address of the dz would be on the gift cert. i even asked if there was an additional charge for the "big plane", not surprisingly there was a charge for that too. Funny, I said, because I had checked and all of the DZs in Ga only flew "big planes"..... the CS's reply..... only for the tandem students that request it and pay extra. But I played along until I just couldn't take it anymore.

My experience by no means is as bad as most others, but it left me with no doubt about the true face of skyride. Not to mention the countless number of other people and their complaints are convincing all by themselves. Good heavens we could go on for years... oh, we have... discussing the various unsavory acts of skyride, ryan will never be convinced until he personally becomes the victim or scapegoat of their shifty behavior.

Oh well, hopefully Jenn and the woman Dave spoke of, among others, will see some positive results. However, I'm with Brie.... I won't be holding my breathe.
Next time a sunrise steals your breath or a meadow of flowers leaves you speechless, remain that way. Say nothing and listen as heaven whispers, "Do you like it? I did it just for you."

Just claiming the DZ did not exist is not bad. They use to claim any DZ that a customer mentioned that didn't take their certificates was the most dangerous DZ around.

Chris, If I were still in business, I would do a prepay tandem deal with skyride, however for me to accept a prepay tandem the cost would have to be associated with the loss of up jumper business I may lose based on the "you deal with those scumbags" theory.

I am thinking $895.00 prepay per tandem would be fine, then of course there is the additional pilot chute charge...

And yes, I have meet and delt with Cary who was talking to me about buying my DZ, and while he was there, he had my 877 RIP CORD phone number forwarded to his offices, plain and simple stole it through one of his trusted employees, merely forwarding it while they were at my DZ. Because the local phone continued to ring, we had no idea why all of a sudden our tandem business started falling off. I know, it was my fault for not having it password protected and I was an idiot. It was about 6 weeks before we figured it out and that was because we had tandems show up who insisted that they had paid by credit card on my toll free number.

Ryan, give it up, you work for the lowest form of life there is...[:/]

There you have it folks. That is two phone numbers that were stolen. Stealing from someone they were trying to do business with!! Doesn't give you a warm fuzzy about being in their network does it? Does anyone see a pattern here? Do the Skyride supporters think that everyone is just making all of this stuff up? Ryan?

Lets also not forget about all the people in the northeast who did business with them only to have them buy a DZ up there and then funnel all of Skyrides business to that one DZ. Think about that the next time you accept one of those certificates. You are giving the competition the money they need to open a DZ in your back yard.