drjump

1-800-SkyRide

Everybody knows who they are, so the # does not make that much difference on this web site! I'm betting that they go belly up by the first of the year. And, a lot of vendors are going to get stuck with a lot of outstanding certificates.

At best they might get out of the skydiving business (but I doubt that will happen as long as there are scumball DZOs that work with them). But that's only a part, and probably a shrinking part, of their business.

I'm willing to bet that in spite of the lawsuits and complaints, they're probably growing. I hope criminal charges are brought up against the owners someday, but I doubt it'll happen. And I'd also bet that they'd just change their name and start right back up as an unnecessary middleman.

Dave

Check out--http://www.complaintboard.com/complaints/1800skyride-c14757.html

Aside from this board being meaningless, Skyride is likely gaining ground, not losing. Even if they lose their lawsuit with the state of Georgia, Utah, Skydive Arizona, and whomever else is suing them....it won't matter much.
It's like Ford and the Pinto; they knew the cars would blow up, but bet that they could sell more cars and make profit than it would cost them in court costs/payout. Ford won in that gamble.

And I'd also bet that they'd just change their name and start right back up as an unnecessary middleman.

We have brokers for everything; why would skydiving be any different?

Skyride SUCKS because they misrepresent themselves as the DZ in question.

Were they simply an 'adrenaline brokerage', in which they told you that you pay them, they will find a DZ / hang glider field / paraglider trip for you and arrange for your manifest, then it would be all good. It would be a travel agency for 'adventures' instead of cruises.

The sleezy, slimey, underhanded tactics that they've used to gain market share, including false advertising and made-up dropzones, is just wrong...
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Check out--http://www.complaintboard.com/complaints/1800skyride-c14757.html

That site has been a link in my sig line for a while. Don't get your hopes up. It could take a while. I'd love to see Ben and Cary thrown in prison and skyride dismantled, but as it is now, if they have to spend a really good chunk of their unethically earned money fighting the lawsuits and end up poorer, consider that a notch in our belts. It might be the best we can hope for.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

With Skyride's new business ventures Skydiving is only a very small percent of our profit. and when i say new i mean like 2-3 years old.

We sell more gift certificates for various other events so i do not see how just the skydiving community can even make a dent on our ever growing network of vendors. Although i would still like to improve our reputation within the skydiving community since we will be here for a long time.
Ryan Berger
Business Development & Vendor Relations for 1-800Skyride

given your reputation, the refusal of the majority of dz's to accept your certificates, and the fact that all dz's offer gift certificates, you're as useful as tits on a bull...and I think we'll all make those facts known for as long as you're around.

I wish the mods could block the name of your company from ever appearing on this website again as it is a waste of space.

I wish the mods could block the name of your company from ever appearing on this website again as it is a waste of space.

No. New people discover thie site everyday. It is very important that they have a place to go to find out what Skyride is really about and discover the truth.

Thier websites are prevelant and so full of lies and deception, We have to make sure that people are do not continue to fall victim thier lies. They are helping kill this sport for all of us.

No matter what market/business you are in there will always be the need for a broker/booking agent whether its because the local companies do not advertise well enough for themselves or they do not advertise for there potential out of state customers. which ever the case may be some companies just like to cut cost and have someone do the bookings and the advertisement for them.

If your company is not interested thats fine. We have plenty of happy vendors who understand why there is a Booking agent mainly because they are business oriented drop zones and know business is business.
Ryan Berger

living in central Florida and seeing how the tourist industry works...I would highly disagree.
as would the companies here that take companies like your to court on a regular basis.
try telling Disney you want to step on their business around here and you promptly find yourself in jail and court.
you also have plenty of unhappy vendors too...unlike the majority of good, honest businesses

but you're a troll...you know that already.;)

We have plenty of happy vendors who understand why there is a Booking agent mainly because they are business oriented drop zones and know business is business.

A Business like Orbitz or Expedia is totally different. They do not pretend to be non-existent airlines. They tell you up from that they are a booking service, Show you your options and do not Lie.

Skyride has 100`s of deceptive website pretending to be dropzones that do not exist and make false statements with the intention of deceiving the customers all over those sites. HUGE difference.

Booking agencies have their place when they are honest. Skyride is not honest.

Although i would still like to improve our reputation within the skydiving community since we will be here for a long time.

Has skyride considered admitting to its (blatant) illegal activities and lies? Oh and how about taking down the hundreds of websites that contain those lies, stolen pictures, stolen logos, and stolen text? How about paying the rightful owners fair compensation while you're at it?

That might be a start, huh?

I know that you don't deny Skyride's illegal activities. But you don't admit to them either. How about it?

By the way, are you able to speak officially on behalf of Skyride?

Dave

If you were to call in our agents will not book you at a place that doesn't exist they with ask where you are coming from and then tell you our closest affiliated location....
Our websites are what we use to generate phone calls when they call in we give them accurate information most info coming from the DZ thats in that are.
Ryan Berger

Our websites are what we use to generate phone calls when they call in we give them accurate information most info coming from the DZ thats in that are.

So what you're saying is that you know that your websites are blatant lies, but its ok since that's just to generate phone calls. It doesn't matter since the company will stop lying once they call? You know, I was born at night, but it wasn't last night.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

If that is true then it is about time. Too bad so many people had to get screwed on the way to that end. If the business would have been run right from the beginning just think how many DZs would still gladly except the certificates. I still hope Ben and Cary go to jail. At this point it is the only way justice can be served, with a big cell mate named Bubba.

If you were to call in our agents will not book you at a place that doesn't exist they with ask where you are coming from and then tell you our closest affiliated location....

Does it even matter that you deceived them into calling in the first place?

Our websites are what we use to generate phone calls when they call in we give them accurate information most info coming from the DZ that’s in that are.

So you start by Lying to them and then when they call you tell them the truth so that makes it alright?:S[:/] (Although there have been MANY, MANY, MANY documented cases over the years where the lies just started when they called in)

And you actually think this is an Honest business? Keep on lying to yourself. You work for thieves. You are participating in Fraud. Just my opinion.

Bait and switch. >:(
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

What about stealing pictures from photographers?
Will you admit to that? if not I'd like to see the agreement between you and the photogs who allow you to use the images.

What about those who would have found the real dz by doing a search? Do you refund those people who stopped looking because they found a dropzone next to their house? Do you refund the DZs who
end up having to pay your fee because you stole their business from them in the first place?

Do you refuind those people who go to the DZ and the find out that they do not have an appiontment to skydive because you are selling tickets to time slots that don't exist? Do you have the slightest idea which DZs will not accept the Skyride ticket?
..and you still keep those web sites up and running and you do not refund those students and make it look like the DZ is fucking them....Yep, I'd say youve got a lot of changing to do before you start talking about how your reputation has been wronged.

You're a lying, stealing, dishonest organization.
Where am I wrong?
My photos

My Videos

blah blah blah......the same ol shit over and over. Thanks for starting another whiny bitch fest skyride thread.

In case you didnt notice there is already one of these threads. Go there and read the same comments from the same 10 people 800 times.

I wish you people would confine this crap to one thread, instead of littering this site with the same ol BS over and over.

for the love of God.....get a life!
I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll burn your fucking packing tent down.