skybytch

I f&^$ing HATE statistics!!!!

Statistics makes me feel stupid. I don't like feeling stupid.

How can I get one problem right and then the very next one wrong when it's the same basic problem as the one I got right? And I'm doing the ones I get wrong more than once!

It's a good thing I already blew my 4.0 GPA cuz there's no way in hell I'm going to get an A in this class.... at this poin I think I'll be lucky to come out of it with a C. >:(

I will be freaking ecstatic when this semester is over and I never ever EVER have to take another fucking math class.

You know 78% of statistics are made up on the spot.

Unfortunately that doesn't tell me how to determine the probability that I'm going to kill at least 1 person if the average person kills two people assuming a standard deviation of .5 and a sample population of 50 people.

Unfortunately that doesn't tell me how to determine the probability that I'm going to kill at least 1 person if the average person kills two people assuming a standard deviation of .5 and a sample population of 50 people.

SEE!! You've obviously learned something, when you can apply mathematical formulas to how you're gonna kill something, you're better off than you thought...

Math isn't that bad, with the exception of Calc 4 - Diff Eq.

I hate that shit and felt the same way you did while taking it....so I feel your pain, just in a different way and different class :)
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

I honestly believe some people just can't see what is going on.
My roommate is taking statistics. I having a degree in math was called upon to help him a few weeks back. I was never really good at stats myself, I concentrated on other math, but I gave it a look. It took me a few minutes to get the jest and then I tried to explain it to him.

No matter how many different ways I tried to put it to him, it just didn't seem to click.
Problem with stats is they try to give you too many numbers sometimes and that confuses you because you don't really use that shit. Also, statistics has a lot to do with calculus. If you have not taken calc I think it's a little harder to grasp what is truly going on.

Don't overthink the problem. Take some breathes. Try to look at what is truly going on and depending on how the definitions are given to you, try to understand exactly what they mean.

Definitions of terms are key to understanding much, if not all of math.

You are not stupid, well not because you are having trouble with stats:P:D

Skymama's #2 stalker -

I got all the way to pre-calculus and that shit went right over my head. :S My brother on the other hand is the math whiz. Already finished Calc 4 by his sophomore year in college. :o

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You are not stupid, well not because you are having trouble with stats

I think we found the person Bytch is going to kill.B|

Then I'm gonna jump the gun and start singing "oh danny boy.... how we love you soooo...."

:ph34r::D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

If yall think Calc 4 or stats is hard you should take anything with theory in the description. Intro to computational theory was a beast of a course and the most dreaded course in the Comp Sci department. Makes multi variable Calc feel like 3rd grade algebra.

That's your bad for taking theory. I took Advanced math for engineers, Partial Diff Eq, and Differential Geometry...ha...

Those were bad, and that was the end of me taking any more math in college.

Yeah I stayed away from theory crap though...sucks to be comp sci haa :P
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

You are not stupid, well not because you are having trouble with stats

I think we found the person Bytch is going to kill.B|

I totally used the :P face, that gives me a by!!! right:|

Depends on Lisa's mood. You better have your will up to date just in case.:o
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

What's the confidence level?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I know EXACTLY how you feel!!! >:(>:(>:(
I hate statistics too! I feel like I don't have enough time to grasp the concepts.:S I'm gonna end up failing my class because I simply don't have time to do the online assignments! Why add another confusing element to something already confusing! >:(

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

:D:D:D

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

I will be freaking ecstatic when this semester is over and I never ever EVER have to take another fucking math class.

Ha! I'm just the opposite. I'm sitting here writing this freakin' 12-14 page history paper. I'm now about half way through, and the only thing that is keeping me going is knowing that if I finish this class it should be the last essay-writing class I'll ever have to take. (I actually enjoy history; I just don't like writing papers.)

I dreaded having to take Stats in grad school. Everyone taking the class would talk about the pain during study groups. The following semester, I enrolled and a new professor took over the class. She took her time, made it exciting, intriguing and fun. Don't get me wrong, it was still difficult, but some how she made you eager to learn and challenged you to tackle the problems. As a result, I went on to take 3 more Stats classes. She set the foundation for success in those classes. The other professors were male and they _appeared_ to enjoy making it fast & difficult.

I came to two conclusions, 1) the professor in the first class can make you love it or hate it, 2) Female professors communicate with the student, not at the student.

how to determine the probability that I'm going to kill at least 1 person if the average person kills two people assuming a standard deviation of .5 and a sample population of 50 people.

Right now, I'm fairly confident that's 99.999997% :D:D
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.