adventurechick

Woo HOo!!

Glad you found a rig, but.........

Make an informed choice about whether you want to maintain the pillow reserve handle or change to a d ring. There are pro's and con's to each. It's been discussed here.

Briefly, a pillow may be more snag resistant. But may be harder to grasp. Especially with cold hands, gloves, with an opposite hand if one is injured.

Cutaway handles also have been made as loops in the past, and still available, but not widely used.

My personal bias and recommendation, especially for a low timer, is a d handle for the reserve. Also matching handles might lead to confusion as to what your pulling. While it may not seem likely to forget which is which it can happen under pressure. Having a difference in look when you look and feel when you grasp it can be an aid to proper emergency procedures.

Not trying to rain on your parade.:) Just offering some information for your consideration.;) Other opinions will follow.:P
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Glad you found a rig, but.........

Make an informed choice about whether you want to maintain the pillow reserve handle or change to a d ring. There are pro's and con's to each. It's been discussed here.

Briefly, a pillow may be more snag resistant. But may be harder to grasp. Especially with cold hands, gloves, with an opposite hand if one is injured.

Cutaway handles also have been made as loops in the past, and still available, but not widely used.

My personal bias and recommendation, especially for a low timer, is a d handle for the reserve. Also matching handles might lead to confusion as to what your pulling. While it may not seem likely to forget which is which it can happen under pressure. Having a difference in look when you look and feel when you grasp it can be an aid to proper emergency procedures.

Not trying to rain on your parade.:) Just offering some information for your consideration.;) Other opinions will follow.:P

Nice post, i hope she goes for the d-ring instead of the cool factor.
I have had 2 cutaways and there is no way i would have the same colour handles as yes, it very well could lead to confusion and n matter how much i trained my emergency procedures on my first mal i checked i was pulling the right cord by visualising.

Students should not be allowed to jump soft pad reserve handles in my opinion. My first cut away, i pulled at the cutaway twice before it came off, i would hate to have done that with the reserve handle

.Karnage Krew Gear Store