vertigofreefly

200 Jump Wonders

How do you feel about the 200 jump wonders in our sport! They start skydiving buy all the gear, find out how difficult the learning process can be then leave and go and find something else in there lives.
The thing I find quite upsetting is that you become friends with these people and give them coaching and advice that you have learnt over many years then they simply disappear has though you are worthless.
Does anybody have this feeling?

· Only talk to and become friends with people who are quite experienced.

I would like to no if it is just me that has this feeling.

Okay I guess I can answer your question now.:D

Friends are Friends are Friends are Friends.
if they lose touch because of your hobby then you have better friends somewhere.

I know that it's hard to be friends with a skydiver because my life revolves around jumping. I gave up friday nights at the bar. I gave up going to some random place (on a regular occasion) just to waste time and drink so I can be sober and energized in the morning.

I don't see my whuffo friends as much as I would if I were a whuffo....but I still see them.

My photos

My Videos

I think everyone with lower jump #'s then me is a loser. everyone with higher jump#'s is an egomaniac

Good thing we're going by jump numbers and not post numbers.:D
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

I so wana be a 200 jump wonder...this 100 jump wonder stigma is a hard thing to overcome!!!!!

:)

I hear that... First year of jumping, it seemed like I jumped every weekend. Now it's like I jump solely to keep my currency.[:/]
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Nah everyone with one post or more is an attention whore who thinks this site is all about them.

It's not about them!!! It's about ME!!!!>:(

I so wana be a 200 jump wonder...this 100 jump wonder stigma is a hard thing to overcome!!!!!

I hear that... First year of jumping, it seemed like I jumped every weekend. Now it's like I jump solely to keep my currency.[:/]

Come to Nova Scotia...here if you jump every second weekend you are current. ;)

Esp if you keep it up all year round..... -10 @10 is balmy in Febuary :)

Only talk to and become friends with people who are quite experienced.

If you do that then nobody will ever become experienced
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

Skydiving is not for everyone. People get involved, jump in with both feet and then for what ever reason they step back. It could be anything but given that the bad outcomes in this sport can have dire consequences if some one leaves even after you have "Helped" them it is ultimately their choice. If you are looking at it form a friend point of view and really have a concern for them, contact them away from jumping and ask.

Scott C.

p.s. the above comment on lightly used gear cheap also went through my mind. How low you decide to offer will be the true test of your friendship ;)

"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

It hurts me a little bit, every time a 200 jump wonder fades from view. It used to bother me, but I have grown past that. I used to think they had abandoned me, I had done something that had turned them off to the sport. Now I have found ways to let them go. Like talking bad about them, hoping they get run over by a bus, the normal stuff you feel for those people to whom you have given everything and who subsequently leave you.

Seriously though, it is the way of the sport, and there is no escape from this pain. All you can do is continue to invest in the future, knowing that one of these new losers will eventually become more then you. I do it almost every day. That hope is the only thing that makes it all worth doing. It makes me feel so good, I will never give it up.
HPDBs, I hate those guys.
AFB, charter member.

I see your opinions have at least held consistent since your last post. Good to know.

And man, that one's just as (unintentionally) funny the second time around.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Geez....is that why no one will do a jump with me? I was thinking it was the way that I smell!:S:S
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

What I really hate is fucking 2000 jump wonders who think they invented the goddam sport. You hope some of them hang around long enough to get some humility, but you know that's probably not going to happen. It's about as likely as them shutting their pie hole once in a while and listen to those of us that have.

I think everyone with lower jump #'s then me is a loser. everyone with higher jump#'s is an egomaniac

come and see me in another 1300 jumps you loser:D
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Yeah....you cocky SOB...I feel like a loser...:):P
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

What I really hate is fucking 2000 jump wonders who think they invented the goddam sport. You hope some of them hang around long enough to get some humility, reply]

fuck....where can I get some of that ?

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

While it can be disheartening, For the 50 that walk away, there's the 1 in 50 or a hundred that go on to be a National Champion, a fellow Instructor, a well-respected wingsuiter, etc. Forget about the 50... It's the "one" that counts.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.