kbordson

Daylight Savings

My daughter just asked me why I woke her up an hour early. Thanks to your post, I just figured it out. Her clock automatically updated it. Too bad it was made before the week got changed!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

No. I live by my calendar. And it didn't tell me to.:P

Billy HATES daylight savings, though.

I like it.B|

We're both morning people, but he's more likely to burn the candle at both ends of the stick. I'm out like trout around 9 p.m.--sometimes 8:30:$. So, I can't stand when it's still light outside when I go to bed.>:(

:P

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Daylight Savings did start today here :)

Yeah... and next you're going to tell me it's Spring or something silly like that. :P

We (U.K) did change today:)

so here, and no, its not spring.. i wish!!!
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Yeah... and next you're going to tell me it's Spring or something silly like that. :P

She meant me:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

She meant me:)

i'm only kidding around.. :P i hate that the seasons over.. a 75-jumpwonder with nothing to do.. uh well, its getting dark now to soon, so no worries..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

The ONLY good thing about the time change we get in the fall, is that the skydiving's over sooner so the green-light comes on earlier! :P:D

ltdiver

That's about as convincing as all the people who rejoice at getting an extra hour in bed the night the clocks change. :)

What really fascinates me is why everyone in an entire country will do what the government tells them without questioning it too much.

Most experts agreed that changing the dates of the switch wouldn't make any difference in energy savings, since the energy saved in the morning would just be used up at night. And the results so far prove that is the case.

My theory is the government only did this to confuse Indiana. After decades of having their own time system, they finally started using the Federal DST system a few months ago, and suddenly we change the rules. I really doubt that can be a coincidence.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

I always have a story to tell. This summer, I was seeing a hypnotherapist. She would make CD's for me to practise at home. Not having a CD player in my bedroom, I purchased one that also had an atomic clock/alarm clock combo. I thought this would replace the 15 year old alarm clock I have on my nightstand. Well, the atomic clock sucked as it has never kept the right time and I can't change it manually. The CD player works though and that's really all I wanted it for. So now I have the old alarm clock that keeps perfect time on one nightstand and the piece of shit one on the other nightstand. This weekend, the 'atomic' clock changed from DST, but it only changed by 45 minutes.:S:S Now the time is way off.>:( I guess you get what you pay for, which was 29.99. Blah!

BTW, I'm hypnotized right now.

OK.... admit it. How many others woke up today expecting the end of daylight savings without knowing that this year it's the first Sunday in November, not the last one in Oct.

Ah... Gotta remember to set the clock back an hour... :|
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken