lawrocket

Things kids today have never seen

Capewells :P

Or Paracommanders, or belly-mounted reserves... :D

Edited to add: How about full-size VHS decks strapped to your stomach on a jump? Friend of mine has a pic of himself on his first video jump with a setup like that. THAT was interesting.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

a public library.

What?? We have libraries in every city around here.

Speaking of libraries...remember the little cards that were in every book with the due date punched on the card?

The memories!!:)
Public libraries are still around. It just seems that the homeless are more interested in Judy blume.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

going to the Adult section to read Judy Blume's very adult books. (there's a dirty side of that woman)

I must, I must, I must increase my bust! :ph34r:

By the way, it's a sham! >:(
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

going to the Adult section to read Judy Blume's very adult books. (there's a dirty side of that woman)

I must, I must, I must increase my bust! :ph34r:

By the way, it's a sham! >:(

I'll have you know I only read that little gem because I thought there was more Fudgie in there.:| I didn't read Tiger Eyes or Deenie either(I wonder if a Milwaukee Brace would have helped me).

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

In the accounting world - Burroughs Posting Machines
Nylon belts, shoes and combs from DuPont.
Neighborhood nuclear warning sirens,
3 speed on the column
2 speed automatic transmissions
straight 8 engines
push button automatic transmissions
the MARS radio network
bicycles with fins
football helmets with no face guards
attic fans
avocado and aqua colored kitchen appliances
washers with ringers
clotheslines

Blue skies,

Jim

Black and White TV`s.
Monochrome Monitors.
Reel to Reel Tape Machines.
Answering machines that had 2 cassette tapes (one for Outgoing message and one for incoming)
TV`s that you had to get off your ass to change the Channel or Volume.
Storing Data on a cassette recorder.
A Modem that you Pushed the Phone handset into.
A Slide Rule

I have my old Bell & Howell 220 8mm movie camera that I used years ago at the Fresno dragstrip in 69-71. It still has unexposed film in it. I wonder what is on the exposed portion? It hasn't been used in more than 30 years. Hmmmm then there is my 1959 Polaroid land camera that I have used in the past 10 years. Not to mention my Burke and James enlarger. All relics of the past. My Pentax K10D will be here come the 5th. All my film cameras, including the 645 are now mere conversation pieces.

Would anyone of a place that still develope 8mm film?
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Neighborhood nuclear warning sirens,

ahh..."duck and cover" instead of "stop, drop, and roll"
;)

More like, "duck, cover, and kiss your ass goodbye."
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

We had party lines when I was a kid. I'll bet a bunch of you don't even know that that is.

My parents actually had a party line when I was a kid up until I was about old enought to use the phone we shared our phone with about three of the neighbors.

I also remember getting in a fight over TV shows with my brother or sister one night I ran up to change the channel one time and upon returning I missed the chair I was sitting in and busted my head on the corner of the coffee table (that's still in my parents family room in exactly the same place)

My mother was consoling me and noticed blood on her hand from my busted head and they took me to the ER... I was about 5 or so and was in Kindergarten.

We had a party line too, when I was a kid. Ours was 2-rings. I remember hearing stories about one or two neighbor ladies picking-up at the same time so they could maybe, get some good gossip!:D
I have that ring-toneon my cell phone.:D

Chuck