lawrocket

Things kids today have never seen

I can't even remember the last time I saw a Polaroid camera. And does anyone here remember BETA? Or rotary-dial phones? Or how freaking AWESOME the Atari 2600 was.

I'm super late to this thread, but whatev.
I just saw a polaroid camera this past weekend. Artistic people still use them very much.
I think in my grandparents house they probably still have the beta camera, and beta player.
They probably still have a rotary phone around somewhere as well.

My mom sold my atari[:/]

But I hear you. I doubt my little brother, 15 years younger has seen most or knows about most of the things you say.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

We had party lines when I was a kid. I'll bet a bunch of you don't even know that that is.

My parents actually had a party line when I was a kid up until I was about old enought to use the phone we shared our phone with about three of the neighbors.

I also remember getting in a fight over TV shows with my brother or sister one night I ran up to change the channel one time and upon returning I missed the chair I was sitting in and busted my head on the corner of the coffee table (that's still in my parents family room in exactly the same place)

My mother was consoling me and noticed blood on her hand from my busted head and they took me to the ER... I was about 5 or so and was in Kindergarten.
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

My first camera had a flash bulb stuck to the top that would rotate. You'd have to change that type out every few pictures. It was such a pain!

Remember the Kodak Disk Camera?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

My first camera had a flash bulb stuck to the top that would rotate. You'd have to change that type out every few pictures. It was such a pain!

Remember the Kodak Disk Camera?

I still have mine. With 2 separate lenses you can slide on. One for telephoto and one for wide angle. :D
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

S&H Green Stamps...anyone?

Jon

Cleaning out the old den after my dad died last year, I found a box FULL if S & H Green Stamps!

....remember 'Duck & Cover drills in school?
Now we've gone to plastic over the windows and duct tape! :S

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Girl Scouts going door to door to sell their cookies instead of making their parents take the sheet to work. >:(

I'll buy them if the little darlings are in front of the grocery store, because at least then they're doing some of the work instead of making mom and dad do it all. I've had coworkers who bring the kid in for part of the day to "sell" in the office and/or at least make the kid write out a nice letter explaining who they are and why I should buy from them.

I still had to do door-to-door when I was a Girl Scout (or for whatever other fundraiser my schools were doing).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

a belt being removed to punish them

Thanks for bringing back the memories.
>:(

My Dad was personally responsible for keeping the leather business going in the '50s and early '60s.

Belt? How about homemade wooden paddles with splinters around the edge? >:(
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

The only longer walk is the one back across the bar to your buddies after some girl shot you down.

But...I've married girls after less thought than I put in to selecting the best switch. Not too limber, not too stiff, no nubs, not too long.....
I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried