psipike02

LG Voyager - Verizon's answer to the iPhone??

I noticed this when I went onto the Verizon site this morning to look at new phones.

I know its no iPhone, but it still looks like a pretty nice phone.

I think they tried their best to make it not look like the iPhone since it flips open to the keyboard, but the front screen seems like a dead giveaway.

Still looks like a really nice phone and its going on my list of considerations...

Check it out: http://products.vzw.com/index.aspx?id=rlp&site=next&phone=voyager
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

LG has another product called the Prada (KE850) that is more of an iPhone "killer". However, it is not available for Verizon's CDMA based network. It does appear though, that Verizon's "4G" will be a GSM type layer, which might accommodate the Prada later down the road.

The Voyager you're looking at is definitely the next-gen leap for the enV.

There will be some pretty exciting handsets coming down the pipe for AT&T's competitors.

The iPhone's only failing I've seen is that it's on AT&T's network.

Verizon's only weak (and strength) point in my view is that they like to use the same UI for all handsets. It makes it easier to switch phones, but not all the hardware can handle it. Anyone with an old Motorola RAZR with VZW will know what I'm talking about.

As for your considerations, the Voyager looks sweet, and LG makes an excellent line of handsets. I've owned LG cell-phone products for years, and have been very pleased with them.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!