SkydiveStMarys

Sleeping issues

I have the same stress related sleeping problems and I use Melatonin. It's perfect for me since it is very cheap, no prescription (you can get it at GNC) and it makes me sleep without dreams and that makes me not wake up.

Just take 3mg 1h before going to bed. It's worth a try and definitly healthier than all the prescription drugs. If you wanna know more about it just PM me.

I have already given that tip to apollard24 I don't know if she ever tried it but you might wanna PM her too.

Lunesta works great for me. I have to make sure to take it when I have atleast 7 hours to sleep, then I wake up refreshed and ready to take on the day.

Then make Ambian a twice as awesome experience. B|

Don't worry, be happy :)
108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

I'm a horrible sleeper. On most days, I take Melatonin and I can get about 6 hours of sleep out of that. My wedding preps made me lose a lot of sleep the last few months, so I finally broke down and asked for something from my doctor. He gave me Ambien and it really does work like a charm to get you through the night. I don't feel groggy in the mornings either, I feel better because I'm not sleep deprived!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I use Temazepam, I do not sleep very well for various reasons.

I was always a light sleeper after the early 80's but things have gotten worse.[:/]

I can never seem to get a full nights rest, due to joint pain etc.

Temazepan 30 mg works ok for me. I get 30 from the VA each month. They are kinda mild but once you get to sleep they work well.I guess meds work for different people. I prefer xanax myself. Don't use it every night but when i need to it works great. Before i started the amount of times i would wake up at 3-4am in the morning worrying about accounts and billing. I believe i have become a better assett to my business with a good nights sleep.
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

I want to thank Rhonda Lea for convincing me to tell the doctor about it.

I was worried because the VA can act as a double edged sword.

The Va has been good to me, what problems have you run into?

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Oh Bobbi, I could write a thesis on this topic; but I won't. There are 2 Rx's I have been on that are not habit forming, especially since you only plan to use it for a specified period of time. The first is Lunesta. Like Katee said, you do need to make sure you have 7 hours available for sleep. One lousy side effect is the taste. It leaves a really lousy taste in your mouth, even if you brush your teeth. The good thing is, you fall asleep fairly quickly and you don't notice it after that. The other Rx is Rozerum. This works on a different part of your brain and it usually takes a few days to become effective. No lousy side effects that I experienced.

The only reason I am no longer on either of these 2 is because I am a unique case due to my head trauma. I'm now at the point where my neuro has referred me to a sleep clinic for evaluation. I doubt very much that your dr. is going to refer you to a sleep clinic at this point. Your case is situational as opposed to chronic.

Good luck with it. I feel your pain.

It may not be the quick fix you are looking for, but self hypnosis works like a charm. I learned it many years ago while in grauduate school when I suffered form insomnia. I found time spent in a hypnotic state was as restful as sleep. But most of the time it will put you to sleep.

That worked for me when I was younger, but now I can't seem to finish it. I can get all the way to my brain, but then get the rapid, random thoughts thing going. I pieced together an incredibly comfortable bed set-up though, and it, combined with the self-hypnosis method, can make a night of no sleep comfortable and reasonably restful even when nothing will put me to sleep. If I'm up too late to take an ambien, at least I know I can lay there comfortably.

Quality pillow-top mattress covered with a novaform pad, covered with down pad, covered with 1200 TC sheets, down pillows, and a nice comforter....comfy shit!

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Quality pillow-top mattress covered with a novaform pad, covered with down pad, covered with 1200 TC sheets, down pillows, and a nice comforter....comfy shit!

I'll second that! It's very common that people do not put enough emphasis on their sleeping environment. They cut corners because it is less expensive. I say, you cannot put a price tag on a comfortable good night's sleep.

It may not be the quick fix you are looking for, but self hypnosis works like a charm. I learned it many years ago while in grauduate school when I suffered form insomnia. I found time spent in a hypnotic state was as restful as sleep. But most of the time it will put you to sleep.

That worked for me when I was younger, but now I can't seem to finish it. I can get all the way to my brain, but then get the rapid, random thoughts thing going. I pieced together an incredibly comfortable bed set-up though, and it, combined with the self-hypnosis method, can make a night of no sleep comfortable and reasonably restful even when nothing will put me to sleep. If I'm up too late to take an ambien, at least I know I can lay there comfortably.

Blues,
Dave

We have a $2000 mattress 1000ct sheets the whole nine yards. It does help but when you have stress, the brain has a weird way of waking you up. You know some of the shit i have dealt with dave. No matter what you do, medication is sometimes the answer.

I didn't realize how many of us have sleep issues amoung all the other issues we have!!

It's a pretty huge issue ... and very very under-diagnosed and under-treated. Sleep disorders can contribute to a ton of other health problems as well. That's why I would encourage you to ask your doc for help; the medical advice you get on dz.com is worth exactly what you pay for it. ;)

This is a subject near and dear to my heart b/c I work in the industry ....

You can find a accredited sleep clinic here: http://www.sleepcenters.org/. Getting your doc to refer you to a board-certified sleep physician would be the way to get the best information about your sleep disorder.

Or you could just say "give me drugs.":D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you Krisanne in regard to the sleep centers. Like you said, the doctor should know what is best. In Bobbi's case, a sleep center is probably not the answer because usually the waiting list is extremely long and she needs help now. She said herself that her stress time at work ends around Jan. 5th.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you Krisanne in regard to the sleep centers. Like you said, the doctor should know what is best. In Bobbi's case, a sleep center is probably not the answer because usually the waiting list is extremely long and she needs help now. She said herself that her stress time at work ends around Jan. 5th.

True, and it may make sense to look at a short-term and a long-term solution. Being in the industry, though, I know how much under-treatment there is of sleep disorders, and there's also the potential for mis-treatment if the doctor doesn't know what they're doing. For example (probably not relevant to Bobbi's situation) it'd be a lousy long-term solution to give someone who needs CPAP a sleeping pill.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

You make a very good point.

Of course I do. It's good marketing for my company/industry. ;)

But it's also just good stuff. Obviously I have a vested interest, but I'm a total believer in what getting proper treatment for sleep disorders can do for your overall health.